Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fellow officers, can we please not get this thread shut down. How about we go somewhere where everyone knows your name.

Comment

I got a buddy over there who is trying to bring me on. He says his biggest complaint is honestly papering and the fact that they want 10s like NYC has but that management has been dragging their feet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by krash131 View Post
        I got a buddy over there who is trying to bring me on. He says his biggest complaint is honestly papering and the fact that they want 10s like NYC has but that management has been dragging their feet on it.
        That's good and I hope he does bring you on and if that's your buddy only complaint then hey I will take that complaint all day long. I would like 10s myself.

Comment

Yea I put in for it and am prepared for the two year wait. I know 2 people who turned down the position because of money. Personally I'd take the pay cut and be happier doing more police work then I do now. They were offered around 60 something but they didn't want to take the 10k pay cut coming from the pentagon. (Oh that was the third complaint they take FOREVER to hire bodies)

Comment

doing more police work then I do now.
            But.....do they really do "more real police work" than you guys do.....?

A question you should find out before you move over there my friend......

Comment

Yea I put in for it and am prepared for the two year wait. I know 2 people who turned down the position because of money. Personally I'd take the pay cut and be happier doing more police work then I do now. They were offered around 60 something but they didn't want to take the 10k pay cut coming from the pentagon. (Oh that was the third complaint they take FOREVER to hire bodies)
              Yea the wait is crucial I tell you and and I understand because money is definitely a factor these days esp for D.C. area big time. I totally agree I would take the pay cut aswell and forget that they can have this DOD Police crap. Yea its crazy how long it takes to hire new people its ridiculous. I mean they need more investigators or a true recruitment division like these other agenices who have multiple people working on different applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                But.....do they really do "more real police work" than you guys do.....?

A question you should find out before you move over there my friend......

From what he's said it mostly homeless and larceny arrests. I've only had one in 5 years over here. I seem to have ****ed off the 1811 gods so Amtrak seems decent at this time. Just SOMETHING lol. And I could always get to work in NY eventually. . . . . .if I can convince my southern wife

Orlando if your on, I saw an earlier post where you said fers is better the rrb. Can you please dumb it down a bit as I've spent hours looking at tier 1 and 2 and trying to get actual numbers to compare it to fers

Comment

From what he's said it mostly homeless and larceny arrests. I've only had one in 5 years over here. I seem to have ****ed off the 1811 gods so Amtrak seems decent at this time. Just SOMETHING lol. And I could always get to work in NY eventually. . . . . .if I can convince my southern wife

Orlando if your on, I saw an earlier post where you said fers is better the rrb. Can you please dumb it down a bit as I've spent hours looking at tier 1 and 2 and trying to get actual numbers to compare it to fers
                  Amtrak is definitely decent compared to DOD Police. Yea I want to know the main key difference of rrb n fers.

Comment

From hanging out/talking to the Amtrak LEOs while I worked in DC...... it seemed like all they did was stand around and if anything major happened, MPD showed up and took over.....or if it was huge FBI took over......

I just keep thinking it would be better where you are at than there.....but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                      Speaking of Amtrak I was at Union Station last night didn't see any Amtrak Police around only security guards.
                      I used to see them every day when I rode the MARC trains.
                      They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

The tiers are amounts taken out. Akin to social security amounts, in tier one you'll have a higher amount withdrew.

With RRB, it's like Social Security however if you leave railroad employment you cant withdraw it to roll over unlike FERS.
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Hiring in Philly

https://jobs.amtrak.com/job/Philadel...mpaign=J2W_RSS

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                            Hey there. I don't know of you know but, I applied when Harrisburg was listed. I'd much rather philly. I hate to sound like an idiot, but can I apply to philly even though I applied to Harrisburg? Does one override the other?

CBPO 15-3

Comment

Originally posted by Mbrown1212 View Post
                              Hey there. I don't know of you know but, I applied when Harrisburg was listed. I'd much rather philly. I hate to sound like an idiot, but can I apply to philly even though I applied to Harrisburg? Does one override the other?

CBPO 15-3
                              Yes but you can only process for one division
                              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                                Yes but you can only process for one division
                                Thanks. I assume I'm given the option as to which division of want to process through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10384 users online. 478 members and 9906 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X