Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Orlando said, it is very common that you will not hear anything unless you get a test date. To correct one thing though, with the last contract, you can bring over up to 5 years of full time experience for pay.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter-emt View Post
      As Orlando said, it is very common that you will not hear anything unless you get a test date. To correct one thing though, with the last contract, you can bring over up to 5 years of full time experience for pay.
      That must be a Polly Hanson thing. The 07 contract sold a lot out.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter-emt View Post
        5 years federal or 5 years state n local

Comment

Wondering the chance of even getting an invitation for a written test if in fact Amtrak employees are priority? I got no LE experience but a 4 year degree in Criminology.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
            1. Yes
            2. Everyone starts at the bottom level
            Well I feel better not hearing anything now.

It's interesting about everyone starts at bottom rank because the announcement say lateral entry pay is available but I guess it's not guaranteed.

Is the bottom start good? I really couldn't take a hit less than 55k a year to start.

Thanks for the info brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Jcastro1457 View Post
              Well I feel better not hearing anything now.

It's interesting about everyone starts at bottom rank because the announcement say lateral entry pay is available but I guess it's not guaranteed.

Is the bottom start good? I really couldn't take a hit less than 55k a year to start.

Thanks for the info brother!
              I can't start no less than $60,000 esp living in the D.C. area its hard.

Comment

Originally posted by manglepop View Post
                Wondering the chance of even getting an invitation for a written test if in fact Amtrak employees are priority? I got no LE experience but a 4 year degree in Criminology.
                Not alot of Amtrak employees want to work for the police, especially if you work in train service which pays more. However if an employee's job is phased out or they want to be a police officer, by union regulations they have priority as long as they meet the standards. There is no harm in applying, just realize what kind of job this is.

Comment

Not alot of Amtrak employees want to work for the police, especially if you work in train service which pays more. However if an employee's job is phased out or they want to be a police officer, by union regulations they have priority as long as they meet the standards. There is no harm in applying, just realize what kind of job this is.
                  Speaking of Amtrak I was at Union Station last night didn't see any Amtrak Police around only security guards.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                    Speaking of Amtrak I was at Union Station last night didn't see any Amtrak Police around only security guards.
                    Could be in the passenger only areas such as the platforms etc.

Comment

Could be in the passenger only areas such as the platforms etc.
                      I was in Penn Station earlier this week.Not only did I notice Amtrak police but also the military,MTA police,NYPD, and another

Comment

Is Penn Station more livelier than Union Station Orlando? Action wise?

Comment

Is Penn Station more livelier than Union Station Orlando? Action wise?
                          It's busier than Union Station.

Comment

It's busier than Union Station.
                            Oh ok.

In your opinion Orlando what could Amtrak Police do to make it a better police department?

Comment

Oh ok.

In your opinion Orlando what could Amtrak Police do to make it a better police department?
                              Not hire you're crying ***......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
                                Not hire you're crying ***......
                                Man shut your *** up ain't no one crying. Just trying to get the logistics of the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6235 users online. 268 members and 5967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X