300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
    Alright so it seems like this would be a good dept to work for, but looks hard to get in. "Over 500 sworn officers at over 30 locations". That is a very low average. Maybe I'm missing something.
    I'm guessing 17 to 30 officers per location. It did say over 500 sworn officers.

Comment

Stations along the Northeast Corridor utilize about 75% of the police force. Stations will have anywhere from four officers to over 100 depending on the city. Once you get off the corridor, the numbers drop off drastically. You still have a sizable force in cities lick Chicago, and Los Angeles. But a majority of the central and western US are covered by a single detective who has a multiple state jurisdiction to cover. If my memory serves, Amtrak has an authorized force of 500 officers. Currently there are not that many hence why they are hiring.

Comment

Anyone interested in getting your foot in the door, Amtrak is hiring police dispatchers.

https://jobs.amtrak.com/job/Philadel...104/268415400/

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter-emt View Post
          Anyone interested in getting your foot in the door, Amtrak is hiring police dispatchers.

https://jobs.amtrak.com/job/Philadel...104/268415400/
          Thanks for the heads up but I will stick with the Police Officer position.

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
            Thanks for the heads up but I will stick with the Police Officer position.
            By policy, Amtrak employees are given priority in Amtrak jobs.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              By policy, Amtrak employees are given priority in Amtrak jobs.
              Oh I already know they are given priority as they should. Outsiders will have to wait on the side. At the same time if outsiders have experience in the Police Officer position why not hire the outsiders with experience. I say half Amtrak employees n half outsiders with Police experience .

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
                Oh I already know they are given priority as they should. Outsiders will have to wait on the side. At the same time if outsiders have experience in the Police Officer position why not hire the outsiders with experience. I say half Amtrak employees n half outsiders with Police experience .
                Because Amtrak like most railroads with closed crafts are required to go in house and offer positions to current employees first. Union dictated rules, especially if someone's craft is eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  Because Amtrak like most railroads with closed crafts are required to go in house and offer positions to current employees first. Union dictated rules, especially if someone's craft is eliminated.
                  I understand totally and how many amtrak employees do they plan to hire forthe police officer position..

Comment

Amtrak is hiring for Harrisburg, PA

Comment

Opening in Lancaster also.

Comment

When is DC/Baltimore gonna start giving out test dates.

Comment

Police?

Comment

Hey everyone,

I'm on the job in PA and came from a large west coast department 2 years ago.. I've been interested in Amtrak since they have a great reputation. I applied for the Harrisburg/Lancaster opening just now and this is now the 2nd time applying never heard anything at all from the first app.

2 questions:

1) is that common not to hear anything at all from an app?
                            2) what's the deal with lateral pay rates...(How many years credit do they give in regards to pay, is it case by case, what is the top lateral entry pay)

Thanks for your time and stay safe!
                            Last edited by Jcastro1457; 12-01-2015, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcastro1457 View Post
                              Hey everyone,

I'm on the job in PA and came from a large west coast department 2 years ago.. I've been interested in Amtrak since they have a great reputation. I applied for the Harrisburg/Lancaster opening just now and this is now the 2nd time applying never heard anything at all from the first app.

2 questions:

1) is that common not to hear anything at all from an app?
                              2) what's the deal with lateral pay rates...(How many years credit do they give in regards to pay, is it case by case, what is the top lateral entry pay)

Thanks for your time and stay safe!
                              1. Yes
                              2. Everyone starts at the bottom level

Comment

Originally posted by FrankNY1985 View Post
                                Police?
                                Yes police. .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9248 users online. 396 members and 8852 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X