300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
    NYC. As far at human capital is concerned there is no time frame in the near future for final job offers. So the search must go on.
    I have noticed that.

Its been a slow process in Balt. All of a sudden this month they have been taken care of my process. I found out this morning my BI was having a problem trying to contact someone from my HR department to review my file. Luckily she contacted my supervisor for assistance and my supervisor pointed her to the right person. My HR department is a mess, I hope they dont screw this up for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by marco1soto View Post

I have noticed that.

Its been a slow process in Balt. All of a sudden this month they have been taken care of my process. I found out this morning my BI was having a problem trying to contact someone from my HR department to review my file. Luckily she contacted my supervisor for assistance and my supervisor pointed her to the right person. My HR department is a mess, I hope they dont screw this up for me.
      Does OPM do backgrounds or does Amtrak have their own unit?

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

Amtrak investigators/ detectives do the background from what I can gather. They guy that interviewed me was that one who went to my house.
        stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post

I was told 1 of the reasons it's a slow process is because opm does not have their hands in the process.

Amtrak investigators gets pulled for patrol duty. This takes them away from doing intestigations on candidates. This was explained by my BI.

Comment

• OPM did Amtrak's BI's until the late 80's. There were some issues that Amtrak had to deal with (some folks could not get state RR commissions) and they ended up doing their own BI's
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• marco1soto
              marco1soto commented
              Editing a comment
              It was that intensive?

• I got my conditional offer about 3 months ago and haven't heard anything. Anyone hear anything for Philly?

Comment

• MDPolice3660
              MDPolice3660 commented
              Editing a comment
              Same boat. Packet submitted, haven't heard anything.

• still nothing..... I'm assuming that if we haven't heard anything by now we got bounced? My application on the website says that it is still "under review" and they are looking forward to speaking with me about the next steps. But they said I should hear something by February. Its almost May now and nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

• Yea we are all on the same boat.
              stay humble

Comment

• Anyone hear anything new for NYC? Haven’t heard anything since April.

Comment

• Anyone have any news for Officers being hired any where by Amtrak? Noticed they keep posting for areas of California. How long does the process usually take?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                    orlandofed5-0 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The process can take from 6 months to 2 years

• Guess my next question would be, is it worth the wait....?
                  thanks for responding

Comment

• 1RidgeRunner7
                    1RidgeRunner7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’ve been told it’s the best kept secret in LE. I had a good experience with their staff when I was doing the process last yr. My process was 1 yr before I got the no go email. It appears I wasn’t the best qualified at that time. The BI was great and very helpful. You’ll get 100% of your retirement. I would definitely apply again.
                    I guess it all depends how deep you’re in with your gig in MD. Retirement wise.

• Hearing there's a hiring freeze?
                  Can anyone confirm?

Comment

• They opened the hiring process at the end of January.
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQeMv5PXhg HOOAH Brother!!!

Got the email @ 1800 Dec 16
                    STAY STRONG!!!
                    US ARMY

Comment

• the hiring freeze was lifted late december. there are 2 amtrak guys in the academy now that started Jan 4
                      stay humble

Comment

• SVO- happen to know what region they were hired for?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7658 users online. 324 members and 7334 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X