300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyUtah1989 View Post
    Does Amtrak seem to hire current FLEOs or is it random?
    Random. Amtrak doesn't really use federal authority as it's not a federal agency but rather a government corporation
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

Random. Amtrak doesn't really use federal authority as it's not a federal agency but rather a government corporation
      Copy. Would you say it's as equally difficult to get into as US Mint?

Comment

Copy. Would you say it's as equally difficult to get into as US Mint?

The mint is probably easier because they do their own BI's that subscribe to the OPM standards rather than Amtrak's standards where police hiring is somewhat not a priority over rail operations

Comment

• Interesting. So the Mint doesn't go through a typical OPM Secret Clearance? It's an In house background check?

Comment

Interesting. So the Mint doesn't go through a typical OPM Secret Clearance? It's an In house background check?
            No, the Mint does it's own BI and clearance adjudication which they forward to OPM

Comment

• Originally posted by Adimisku View Post
              Does anyone have any idea how the Amtrak Police process works ? I had an interview this past may 2017 and I haven't heard back from them? Does this mean that I m Disqualified or the process still goes forward ?
              A week or two after my interview (April2017) HR sent me an email with a conditional job offer and the blue book. Fill it out and mail it in with 15 days of receiving it.

What I found out through these forums is you're not DQ, unless they email you telling to inform you you are. I've spoken with an officer at Penn station in Baltimore, he told me his process was two years long.

It's been 1 year for me this month since I applied. I just met with my investigator today. The investigator told me I should know whether I am hired or not by the end of this year.

Comment

• I forgot to ask my BI. Why does APD sent 1 person at a time to an academy. She told me there is 1 person going through the Anne Arundel County Police academy right now.

It seems like it's 1 at a time. Why is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by marco1soto View Post
                  I forgot to ask my BI. Why does APD sent 1 person at a time to an academy. She told me there is 1 person going through the Anne Arundel County Police academy right now.

It seems like it's 1 at a time. Why is that?
                  Cost and manpower. The last few hires for Baltimore have been ex Bpd officers.

Comment

A week or two after my interview (April2017) HR sent me an email with a conditional job offer and the blue book. Fill it out and mail it in with 15 days of receiving it.

What I found out through these forums is you're not DQ, unless they email you telling to inform you you are. I've spoken with an officer at Penn station in Baltimore, he told me his process was two years long.

It's been 1 year for me this month since I applied. I just met with my investigator today. The investigator told me I should know whether I am hired or not by the end of this year.
                    The only thing fast in Amtrak is the Acela. I applied in Dec 02 for DC, tested January of 03 and hired on in July 2005.

Comment

• marco1soto
                      marco1soto commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No kidding, wow. I was trying to get definite answers from the BI. She didn't make any promises but did say I should hear about the psych in 1 month or so.
                      Last edited by marco1soto; 10-10-2017, 06:21 PM.

• Does everyone that applies get an email instructing them to complete and online assessment evaluation? I can't seem to find anything about that on their website.

Comment

Does everyone that applies get an email instructing them to complete and online assessment evaluation? I can't seem to find anything about that on their website.
                      No idea

Comment

• Is the phase 2 fitness test pass/fail or are you ranked based on how you do? Passed the written exam but was given no indication on how well I did. Also is the agility test the Illinois agility test?

Comment

• buck62407
                          buck62407 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          pass/fail and no it is not the agility run... it's on their website

• Interviewed back in June of this year, took the psych in July, passed it. Had the background Interview and HR said the hiring committee will review all applicants for hire and you will not hear back for a long time... and here we are let's see what 2018 brings.
                        stay humble

Comment

• Originally posted by SVO1983 View Post
                          Interviewed back in June of this year, took the psych in July, passed it. Had the background Interview and HR said the hiring committee will review all applicants for hire and you will not hear back for a long time... and here we are let's see what 2018 brings.
                          For what city?

Comment

For what city?
                            NYC. As far at human capital is concerned there is no time frame in the near future for final job offers. So the search must go on.
                            stay humble

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9548 users online. 440 members and 9108 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X