X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrak Police has multiple openings at multiple stations... updated list:
    https://jobs.amtrak.com/search/?q=Po...ocationsearch=

Comment

• After reading the following, does anyone know what the requirements/processes are in Connecticut to obtain a railroad police commission? I've tried to do research on railroad police commission in CT however I haven't had much luck.

"Amtrak police officers derive their legal authority from the railroad commissioning laws in each state. Typically an Amtrak police officer is commissioned in either the state of their residence or the state in which they will work. Where states have created minimum hiring, training or certification requirements, candidates must meet the minimum hiring standards for both Amtrak and the state in which they will be commissioned. State laws and state agency procedures for an applicant to obtain a railroad police commission vary and often establish a separate and distinct set of criteria for getting a railroad police commission."

Comment

• Originally posted by dave_r View Post
        After reading the following, does anyone know what the requirements/processes are in Connecticut to obtain a railroad police commission? I've tried to do research on railroad police commission in CT however I haven't had much luck.

"Amtrak police officers derive their legal authority from the railroad commissioning laws in each state. Typically an Amtrak police officer is commissioned in either the state of their residence or the state in which they will work. Where states have created minimum hiring, training or certification requirements, candidates must meet the minimum hiring standards for both Amtrak and the state in which they will be commissioned. State laws and state agency procedures for an applicant to obtain a railroad police commission vary and often establish a separate and distinct set of criteria for getting a railroad police commission."
        CT POST or whatever they call it gives out RR Police commission
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Alot of retiring and people leaving to go to other Police departments or stay within Amtrak and move to different positions. I know they short on personnel like other Police departments.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave_r View Post
            After reading the following, does anyone know what the requirements/processes are in Connecticut to obtain a railroad police commission? I've tried to do research on railroad police commission in CT however I haven't had much luck.

so the state of connecticut department of public safety (the commissioner) is responsible. Ct has a statute which allows the state to issue certifications to railroad police and those of public/privately owned utilities (Aquarion water, regional water authority and the metropolitan district commission utilities) all have their own police. The officers listed under this statute are not POSTC certified (unless they are a transfer and still hold a POSTC certification from a previous police department). The statute for these officers' certifications is different from the staute for POSTC municipal police certification

Comment

• Has anyone ever applied for more than one location at a time? Is that frowned upon?

Comment

• Originally posted by normy0 View Post
                Has anyone ever applied for more than one location at a time? Is that frowned upon?
                You can only process in one division at a time.

Comment

• I got hired for the NYC division! The same day I got hired they reopened hiring for NY too. Guess not as many people made it as they wanted.
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• Originally posted by Decided View Post
                    I got hired for the NYC division! The same day I got hired they reopened hiring for NY too. Guess not as many people made it as they wanted.
                    Congratulations. Sometimes they close an announcement after they hire a few officers and restart the process

Comment

• Applied to NYC posting can anyone give a quick timeframe how the process goes

Comment

• Originally posted by Decided View Post
                        I got hired for the NYC division! The same day I got hired they reopened hiring for NY too. Guess not as many people made it as they wanted.
                        Congratulations!
                        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Anyone hear from New Haven???

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLEO92 View Post
                            Anyone hear from New Haven???
                            Going through background, had home visit a few weeks ago

Comment

• I just started the background also. How did the home visit go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_kilo View Post
                                I just started the background also. How did the home visit go?
                                Its not bad, comes by and asks some questions then they go to some neighbors' homes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10785 users online. 447 members and 10338 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X