300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    From hanging out/talking to the Amtrak LEOs while I worked in DC...... it seemed like all they did was stand around and if anything major happened, MPD showed up and took over.....or if it was huge FBI took over......

I just keep thinking it would be better where you are at than there.....but that's just me.
    That's correct. Like I said before, Amtrak police officers hide 90% of time while on duty. If something does happens, they call MPD, or other surrounding police agencies for help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goodcopbfg12 View Post

That's correct. Like I said before, Amtrak police officers hide 90% of time while on duty. If something does happens, they call MPD, or other surrounding police agencies for help.
      Are you an Amtrak police officer?

Obviously Amtrak has many stations across the country, surely they can't all be as you claim.

Comment

That's a definite for Union station considering they are short about 20 officers. Midnight shift tends to hide and then do ticket checks about midnight, 3am and 5am
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_kilo View Post

Are you an Amtrak police officer?

Obviously Amtrak has many stations across the country, surely they can't all be as you claim.
          The majority of APD Officers are only assigned to major stations such as those on the NE Corridor, Harrisburg and Lancaster PA, Chicago Union Station, Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco in CA just to name a few. Most shifts might have 5-7 officers to staff the station. During the day and busier shifts such as Thanksgiving, you'll see a larger presence of officers but most shifts the officers really won't do much
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• I will take any of those locations than working for DOD. Let me get picked to be Amtrak Police I would come.out of the station to interact with the people.

Comment

• Had my home visit and just have the medical to do.
              Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• Originally posted by Decided View Post
                Had my home visit and just have the medical to do.
                For New Haven?

Comment

• Originally posted by mike_kilo View Post

for new haven?
                  nyc
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

Had my home visit and just have the medical to do.
                    What was the home visit like?

Comment

• Anyone else apply for Chicago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo_12345 View Post

What was the home visit like?
                        Investigator came and talked, asked me, explained and answered some of my questions, and went around talking to my neighbors asking them questions.

Comment

You will not see Amtrak police officers in most Amtrak stations you go to because they hide most of the time unless they get a call for service. Especially doing football season on Sunday, during the day don't expect to see a police officer while the games are on unless the station is burning down.
                          Do you work for Amtrak?

Comment

Investigator came and talked, asked me, explained and answered some of my questions, and went around talking to my neighbors asking them questions.
                            Oh okay! Did they call or email you to let you know when they were planning on doing the visit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leo_12345 View Post

Oh okay! Did they call or email you to let you know when they were planning on doing the visit?

Yeah about an hour before they came.

Comment

• Anyone heard anything about the opening in Chicago?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5897 users online. 197 members and 5700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X