300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctMOS View Post
    I had the oral psych 3 weeks ago just waiting...you?
    Yeah same here.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for new haven as well.

Comment

• same here.

Comment

• I have the written psych for NY tomorrow.
          Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• Anyone have an idea as to how long the BI takes? I started mine 2 weeks ago. Also, do you wait for BI to clear before Med and Psych?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-rexGM View Post
              Anyone have an idea as to how long the BI takes? I started mine 2 weeks ago. Also, do you wait for BI to clear before Med and Psych?
              If its any help timeframe wise for you...I took the written psych like 3 weeks after I handed in the background packet and then 3 weeks after took the oral psych...this was for New Haven not NYC though

Comment

If its any help timeframe wise for you...I took the written psych like 3 weeks after I handed in the background packet and then 3 weeks after took the oral psych...this was for New Haven not NYC though
                Thanks, I'm in the process for New Orleans.

Comment

How long did it take for the medical after the oral psych?
                  Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• Originally posted by Decided View Post

How long did it take for the medical after the oral psych?
                    Still waiting to hear

Comment

• Did anyone in the new haven process hear anything after the psych?

Comment

Did anyone in the new haven process hear anything after the psych?
                        Nothing yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                          Thanks for the heads up. Anyone know anything about working for this department? Pay, retirement, morale, equipment, schedule, how many they are looking to hire, academy info, etc? Always heard it was a great job, but don't know anyone who works for them.
                          Morale - I can't remember what the process is for new recruits and physical fitness requirements, but once you're in you will never have to take another physical fitness test again. Amtrak PD does not have a physical fitness standard which explains the amount of obese officers you see in uniform. No team spirit, barely any chance for advancement, and many of the officers are not team players, negative, uninspired and they hate to see you get ahead. If you're not a physically fit person who will enjoy sitting on your rear end until your RR retirement kicks in, this is definitely the place for you to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by caseyp View Post
                            I work with a former Amtrak guy who was also former Metro PD in DC. They are very fond of hiring former Metropolitan PD guys
                            Yeah, but Amtrak can't keep MPD Officers or any other police officers. This is not the place to go if you're serious about a police career.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSlammer View Post
                              Alright so it seems like this would be a good dept to work for, but looks hard to get in. "Over 500 sworn officers at over 30 locations". That is a very low average. Maybe I'm missing something.
                              Amtrak hires more retired cops. They take more lateral transfers because it's cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post

Speaking of Amtrak I was at Union Station last night didn't see any Amtrak Police around only security guards.
                                You will not see Amtrak police officers in most Amtrak stations you go to because they hide most of the time unless they get a call for service. Especially doing football season on Sunday, during the day don't expect to see a police officer while the games are on unless the station is burning down.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10932 users online. 484 members and 10448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X