300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N8 View Post
    Misrepresenting what I said doesn't work when my comments are in writing. Unless you have trouble with reading comprehension I suppose. Nice dig though, you got me to comment on your pity party thread.
    Is that what it is? Well may you never have a party..... Just the facts. And thanks for being a real champ! CHEERS!

Comment

anyone else have this happen ?
      It's the curse of Fed hiring... I've applied for a 7/9 announcement- YEA! referred for a 9 and then BOO! "not selected" because of not being the Best Qualified... but still hopeful, I contacted them about the "received" for the 7? the answer I got was "you qualified for the 9 so you were referred for the 9 only"
      I would like to be referred for both because, in my mine anyhow, If Im referred for a 9 I'm surely more competitive at a 7!!

Comment

Tired of how they select individuals.

Comment

You guys crack me the **** up

State trooper can't have gun while off duty due to mental health record, Pa. court rules

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ve_gun_wh.html
          I don't expect you to know what it takes to deal with what I deal with every day in a high risk area because you've never been swinging in the breeze dealing with XYZ with no qualified immunity to protect everything you own and no cavalry at the end of a radio...

Comment

Originally posted by DCFED View Post
            Tired of how they select individuals.
            At first I was really bummed out but I have come to a realization. Its not about what you know but who you know, makes me sleep better at night.
            I don't expect you to know what it takes to deal with what I deal with every day in a high risk area because you've never been swinging in the breeze dealing with XYZ with no qualified immunity to protect everything you own and no cavalry at the end of a radio...

Comment

Originally posted by DEAHEAT View Post
              At first I was really bummed out but I have come to a realization. Its not about what you know but who you know, makes me sleep better at night.
              I remember my very first REFERRAL NOR... I was sooooo excited! I thought, Oh boy now I'm in all I have left is proving I can do the job!!!
              I have since learned the "REFERRED" only means ya made it to a list to choose from...
              Not that ya actually get the opportunity to show your stuff and a chance to get the position....
              I have over time learned the REFERRED just means the HR has checked the required box and moved on and even being a Best Qualified won't mean ya move to the next step ... and in some cases ya can spend hours and dollars in tests, travel, hotels, polygraphs, back grounds and once finished and successful - still be turned down! truly disheartening

Comment

Originally posted by DEAHEAT View Post
                You guys crack me the **** up

State trooper can't have gun while off duty due to mental health record, Pa. court rules

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ve_gun_wh.html
                Get with the program, man. That case has gone federal, now. Keyes, and others, are suing Holder. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The federal case is Keyes et al v. Holder et al, being heard in the U.S.D.C. for the M.D. Pa. Case number: 1:15cv457.

Comment

I don't see any problem?.....image (1).jpg

Comment

something I just realized that many of you may or may not have known....

If You applied for a Merit Promotion (status candidates) vacancy, which is restricted to federal employees: Because it is a merit promotion vacancy, you do not receive any veteran's preference points because you are competing with other employees on a competitive level. You would only receive preference points if you applied for a public job notice open to all U.S. citizens.

Both veteran’s preference and veteran’s points are not given in merit promotion announcements because you were already hired into the federal government. Veteran’s preference/points are given in public announcements to assist veterans in entering the federal government, but once they are hired, they convert to competitive status and are then considered equal to all other federal employees and do not receive any further preferences above other employees. Once you are a federal employee, and you apply for jobs restricted to federal employees, you are competing on an equal-level competitive basis.

Comment

Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                      something I just realized that many of you may or may not have known....

If You applied for a Merit Promotion (status candidates) vacancy, which is restricted to federal employees: Because it is a merit promotion vacancy, you do not receive any veteran's preference points because you are competing with other employees on a competitive level. You would only receive preference points if you applied for a public job notice open to all U.S. citizens.

Both veteran’s preference and veteran’s points are not given in merit promotion announcements because you were already hired into the federal government. Veteran’s preference/points are given in public announcements to assist veterans in entering the federal government, but once they are hired, they convert to competitive status and are then considered equal to all other federal employees and do not receive any further preferences above other employees. Once you are a federal employee, and you apply for jobs restricted to federal employees, you are competing on an equal-level competitive basis.
                      Hi, the way you worded it made it seem like I might be making a mistake, I've applied to multiple jobs but my main goal is federal law enforcement. I have received an offer to work in the Contact Management Division, VA Health Resource Center, it's a GS-5 position. I want to use veterans preference for LEO positions later but I think I would still get it even if I'm a federal employee.

Comment

this is actually a reply I received from the HR of an announcement I did not get referred for my score was 94 w/o Vet Points. I inquired why I didn't receive Vet points or Vet Pref on and nor Referral. thought I would share with others that missunderstood the same as I

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          I just realized I have been around the applicant forum too long......lol

I had a coworker, a GS-13 Supervisory Border Patrol Agent with 15 years of service, get an 1811 position with HSI. He is 45 years old and he had been trying for even longer than me. It's hard being patient, and going on with my life like it may never happen, but good things come to those who wait. I will keep trying, but I definitely have slowed down a lot and am being a lot more picky.
                          When I went through CITP, a good number of my classmates were former BPA's.

1811 hiring is cyclic. A bunch of hiring was done after 9/11 through about 2008 or 2009. FLETC was busting at the seams. The last time I was at FLETC before I retired was in 2011 and the place was a ghost town.

Things will pick up again. Though I hate to say that it may take five years or so. Get your foot in the door in a 6c covered job, and wait out the 1811 drought.
                          Last edited by GoldBadge; 10-24-2015, 10:27 AM.
                          They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8176 users online. 389 members and 7787 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X