300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background SF-86 issue?

I have a question and maybe someone here has gone through this!

I filled out my SF-86 for a 1811 position but no where did it have me state if I've applied for other LEO positions. I find this awkward cause in the past I've applied for local PD depts and they always ask me to list agencies I've applied for and the outcome. Will my current agency background look into that on his own? Should I tell him? Thanks!

Originally posted by DC1030 View Post
    I have a question and maybe someone here has gone through this!

I filled out my SF-86 for a 1811 position but no where did it have me state if I've applied for other LEO positions. I find this awkward cause in the past I've applied for local PD depts and they always ask me to list agencies I've applied for and the outcome. Will my current agency background look into that on his own? Should I tell him? Thanks!
    Some police departments ask for other agencies you have applied for, some don't. The SF-86 form does not ask what other LEO positions you may have applied for.

Comment

Will they come up o my BG...I don't want the BG investigator to think I am hiding something?

Comment

Often you will fill out paperwork for the specific agency or during the background you will be asked if you have ever been investigated but another agency. That is when you can list those and the outcomes.

Comment

Your BI won't think you're lying about anything if you weren't required to list it. If it comes up in convo with him just be honest.

If anything you will be asked this during your panel interview.

Comment

Its a government clearance check not a background investigation for a LEO job. Don't worry about posting it.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
              Its a government clearance check not a background investigation for a LEO job.
              Bingo. The agency you are applying for will do a SEPARATE BI on you......

Comment

Some Fed LE agencies/positions ask, some don't. Either way, as already mentioned, the SF86 is just the standard form for a clearance. Has nothing to do with law enforcement.

I understand where your head is at as far as the SF86 background packet vs a local PD packet, but there are differences. For the SF86, put down exactly what they ask for, no more no less. Volunteering extra information which isn't asked for on the SF86 won't do you any favors and at the very least will more than likely increase the amount of time it takes to complete your background.

Comment

10-4 Thank you all for your responses!!

Comment

So what you are saying is that for my 1811 job I got to get government clearance through the SF86 and a separate background will be performed because its a LEO job?

Comment

Security clearance investigation is for access to sensitive or classified info.

Suitability investigation is for the agency to determine if they actually want you to work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherApplicant View Post
                        Security clearance investigation is for access to sensitive or classified info.

Suitability investigation is for the agency to determine if they actually want you to work for them.
                        Where do they draw the info for the Suitability investigation?

Comment

Originally posted by DC1030 View Post
                          Where do they draw the info for the Suitability investigation?
                          With what you puton the SF-86
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

It's crazy working my way up from uniform federal police to 1811 and I can only say that the backgrounds for uniformed police work generally tend to be more thorough than MANY 1811 requirements as ironic as that sounds. At least with the legitimate uniformed agencies that is. Mainly because many of those 1811 agencies solely rely on the sf-86 and aren't set up to do their own pre-employment backgrounds. Minus the ever so popular 3 letter agencies of course. They're a different level.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10322 users online. 465 members and 9857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X