Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Hey all,

Figured I'd start a fresh thread specifically for the recent HSI announcement. If there's no interest and everyone wants to stick to the current, more broad one, that's fine, and we can just let this sucker die out. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing everyone's updates throughout the process.

Best of luck to all! When some of the people here get their final offers in 11 years, we'll look back at how far we've come.
    Last edited by aspiring_fed; 09-24-2016, 01:29 AM.

Subscribed!

Comment

Yeah, it's good to have a new thread. Hopefully it stays.

Comment

Has anyone seen any movement on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
          umm, you mean, like, movement on the application? the one that opened yesterday??

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicRabbit View Post
            umm, you mean, like, movement on the application? the one that opened yesterday??
            Ha... my apologies. Wrong thread.

Comment

I'm in. I really wonder if they are trying to get people to St. Croix/St. Thomas. Why would anyone NOT want to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                Hey all,

Figured I'd start a fresh thread specifically for the recent HSI announcement. If there's no interest and everyone wants to stick to the current, more broad one, that's fine, and we can just let this sucker die out. Otherwise, I look forward to hearing everyone's updates throughout the process.

Best of luck to all! When some of the people here get their final officers in 11 years, we'll look back at how far we've come.
                You may want to change this title TO ICE/HSI to avoid confusion. We are most often referred to as ICE 1811s in the media and on all official letterheads.

Comment

I applied, but judging by the type of questions asked it may appear as this announcement would be geared more toward current LEOs...

Comment

Originally posted by Inspecting117 View Post
                    there's a new Thread on OFFICER.COM... does that count??

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                      I'm in. I really wonder if they are trying to get people to St. Croix/St. Thomas. Why would anyone NOT want to be there?
                      I looked at it but I would not want my family there, Puerto Rico either. Crime rate is high and education is low. Plus my wife would have a hard time finding a job in her field there..... being single is a luxury at times. I was stationed in San Diego (Coronado Island) for a bit.... regret leaving.

Comment

hey unknown ... I think it's okay we found the thread and knew what it was.....

Comment

My buddy applied to IEA out there and keeps talking about going if he does get hired. I was like where the heck is that. Then I saw it on the map and only imagined the type of fun one might have out there. Seems like a cool gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                            I looked at it but I would not want my family there, Puerto Rico either. Crime rate is high and education is low. Plus my wife would have a hard time finding a job in her field there..... being single is a luxury at times. I was stationed in San Diego (Coronado Island) for a bit.... regret leaving.
                            I'm married with kids, but we own a house on St. Thomas and love it there. It is a nice place and, as with any place, there are very nice areas to avoid the problems you've mentioned.

Comment

I'm married with kids, but we own a house on St. Thomas and love it there. It is a nice place and, as with any place, there are very nice areas to avoid the problems you've mentioned.
                              I don't know how you got the keys to my summer home, but you'll need to return them ASAP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7276 users online. 350 members and 6926 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X