Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's unfortunate.... Nonetheless, I'm not a lawyer, but I know a little bit - if they want to poly they'll have to proceed off of the 16 announcement. They can't add the poly to the 15 vacancy announcement, unless they've noted "a poly may be administered."

Comment

• Polygraphs are as junk science as it gets. If there was any kind of validity to them, they could at least be brought up in court whereas now it's a sustained objection if the AUSA even hints at the fact a defendant took one.

As for DHS going full poly on everybody who applies, it won't eliminate bad applicants as much as it will crucify a good applicant in the eyes of DHS for all eternity for being nervous, naive, young or ignorant. A DHS poly loses any trace of validity it has if veteran's preference is taken into account when CBP is making a final pass fail determination.

Comment

• Does anyone have info on the NYC office? What's it like for
        a new guy?

Comment

• Does HSI complete the Medical before they start the background investigation? Reason that I ask, is that I'm not sure I've been medically cleared, yet my background investigation is almost complete.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAA View Post
            Does HSI complete the Medical before they start the background investigation? Reason that I ask, is that I'm not sure I've been medically cleared, yet my background investigation is almost complete.
            The medical clearance process is backed up several weeks, one does not affect the other.

Comment

• Received a TO for this vacancy about ten minutes ago.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Someone messaged me about what email it came from so they can look for it in spam, etc. It was a mumbo jumbo email address. It was [email protected], the Xs being a bunch of numbers and letters. I have gmail account with no filters set up, and it went to my inbox no issues.
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Scored a 93.8 on the test and was rated eligible, no tsl for me, hopefully more tsl's are going out

Comment

• Havent received mine either, was wondering if grades had something to do with it, but with your score of 93 i doubt scores have anything to do with it. Hopefully we will hear something by tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post
                      Scored a 93.8 on the test and was rated eligible, no tsl for me, hopefully more tsl's are going out
                      Not to doubt, but this was definitely for the July 2016 vacancy? That is certainly good news to know it's going forward

Comment

• Originally posted by County_det View Post

Not to doubt, but this was definitely for the July 2016 vacancy? That is certainly good news to know it's going forward

nah this was for the 2015 announcement. I was in the "Well Qualified" group that got to test off the 2015 announcement last fall

Comment

• I got a tentative offer as well scored 88.3 on test

Comment

• For all that attended the one stop last year, is it held on weekdays or the weekend? And is it a one day or two day event?

Comment

• Just got the one-stop survey

Comment

• Received a TO yesterday and the one stop survey today (hoping for an ATL location for it), hopefully with POTUS' immigration push we see a ton of classes put together this year!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6715 users online. 310 members and 6405 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X