Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are the most thorough or just plain slowest in conducting the BI. I believe its the latter. Mine has been going on for close to 6 months and I have had an SCI for the last 12 years with no red flags on my record.

Comment

• Regarding the HSI 2 part interview. Are they behavior analysis interviews like the FBI or situation based like the ATF? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
        Regarding the HSI 2 part interview. Are they behavior analysis interviews like the FBI or situation based like the ATF? Thanks.
        If I recall we sign non disclosure agreements for those interviews so the only thing we can say is what they say in the emails for invite which is one interview is "structural" and the other is "personal". I am sure you can surmise what that means. Good luck
        - Bluecrew
        "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
          the other is "personal". I am sure you can surmise what that means.
          ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Has anyone got their results for this last test? Anyone has any idea more less how long it takes?

Comment

• guys/gals check your emails for the latest round of test results. I tested at the end of october and just got an email saying to check me results, passed and eligible.

Comment

• Yup, I just got it too, passed/eligible. Now for the onestop

Comment

• Anyone know the vision requirements? I looked around in the website but couldn't find it.

Comment

• Took the exam back in October, got the "passed and eligible" results last night. Best of luck to everyone

Comment

• I noticed in the job annoucement it says "poly may be administered" I also couldn't find anything about a poly on their website. Any insight to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                        I noticed in the job annoucement it says "poly may be administered" I also couldn't find anything about a poly on their website. Any insight to this?
                        Another ICE component was talking about this on their Officer's forum. Word is pretty much all DHS components will be polygraphing in the near future, including ICE DO, HSI, etc, which would make them in line with most of the other DHS components; CBP OFO, USBP, USSS, so on.

honor first

Comment

• Log into usajobs and reread the announcement my friends. There's no poly for the 2015 announcement.

​​​​​​

Comment

• I forgot to mention, I passed and received the eligible rating as well from the 2015 announcement earlier this week. GL to all!

Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                            Log into usajobs and reread the announcement my friends. There's no poly for the 2015 announcement.

​​​​​​
                            Correct, the 2016 announcement was the first to mention it.
                            From the 2016:

Background/Security Investigation: Candidates must obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance

Polygraph: A pre-employment polygraph may be administered.
                            However, if ICE begins to mandate a poly, may or may not be subject to it from the 2015 announcement. I doubt verbiage on USAjobs will override a newly formed policy, should that policy go into effect.
                            Last edited by battlewagon; 01-06-2017, 08:56 AM.

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPO32 View Post
                              I noticed in the job annoucement it says "poly may be administered" I also couldn't find anything about a poly on their website. Any insight to this?
                              Don't fear the poly. I know plenty of dudes who failed it for BP and swear it is rigged unless they really want to hire you.

I find that if you give straight responses and you stick to your answers you will be fine. I have passed every single one I have done.

Always remember that the poly is a interrogation and they will use tactics on you to get you to say stuff you shouldn't say. Treat it as such and remember you are being recorded and can be prosecuted for anything you say. We all have stuff in our past, doesn't mean you need to talk about it.

Comment

• I have recruited 6 people to BP. Five made it to the poly, none have passed. Many who I can vouch for their entire adult lives. Every single one of them was a cop at the time, or after failing became a cop after and taking polys for those agencies, or held clearances in the military. Our poly is ****, with a 60% fail rate.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11311 users online. 437 members and 10874 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X