NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluecrew
    Forum Member
    • May 2011

Originally posted by echoshot3
    anybody know for sure if the test is 70% cumulative or 70% per section? I read back to page 45 and it seemed unofficial it was 70% cumulative but when I took it in 09 it was 70% per section. Just wondering as the math section was harder than I thought
    Its 70% on the multiple choice and if you pass that they will then grade your written section which is simply a pass/fail.
    - Bluecrew
    "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• chilipepprflea
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2011

Can any current agents weigh in on which duty location they'd pick between Sells and Nogales?

Comment

• seeOH
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2007

How long did most have to wait to receive results from the computerized test? I am hearing conflicting information. It's my understanding that some are still waiting and have been for weeks or months but last year others received their results right away? Thanks in advance for chiming in and good luck all.

Comment

• cpd201
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2015

Everyone who took the test for the 2015 posting got their results roughly three months later. They were not instantaneous.

Comment

• seeOH
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2007

Even those who failed? I only ask because the persons who said they received their results within an hour of testing were those who failed the test. Either way, I've worked for the government long enough to know that nothing is fast Thanks for chiming in.

Comment

• Lunchbach
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by seeOH
              Even those who failed? I only ask because the persons who said they received their results within an hour of testing were those who failed the test. Either way, I've worked for the government long enough to know that nothing is fast Thanks for chiming in.
              Generally, if you fail the computer test for an 1811 position, they will alert you of the results the same as if you pass it. For other portions of the process they may send you snail mail indicating that you are no longer in the process (I know the FBI does this), but I believe ICE sticks to email for everything.

Also, if you are just starting the process I would highly recommend doing the One-Stop event, as it is pretty fast compared to the traditional process. The down side was at the One-Stop event in Vegas there was a new person running the vision station and from what I understand almost everyone who wears glasses was deemed blind and had to go redo that portion locally and mail in the results, which will bring the entire process to a halt.

Comment

• cpd201
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2015

My recollection is that everyone found out at roughly the same time. Those of us that passed actually got the one-stop email before the actual test results. To the best of my knowledge there were no immediate failure notifications.

Comment

• seeOH
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2007

Lunchbach, That's good advice. I did the One Stop Processing for 1801 Deportation Officer... still waiting on EOD with that. HSI would be a better gig, however, very competitive and I have this feeling that I tanked the test! Ha. CBPD201, thanks for chiming in. I guess I'll just sit back and see what happens... like all other employment opportunities with the U.S. Government... ZzzZZZzzzzZZ. Good luck all.

Comment

• midcareerfedleo
                    Forum Member
                    • Jan 2014

FYI, Got my Medical Show cause today, I got my physical done in August 15. Anyone remember how to obtain VA disability results with detailed off hand? I dont see it on eBenefits at all?

Comment

• Lunchbach
                      Forum Member
                      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by midcareerfedleo
                      FYI, Got my Medical Show cause today, I got my physical done in August 15. Anyone remember how to obtain VA disability results with detailed off hand? I dont see it on eBenefits at all?
                      For the disability ratings sheet, try calling your current VA clinic, as they should have a copy in your file--it won't be on eBenefits. You should just be able to pick it up from the clinic with your photo ID. If you haven't visited a VA since you separated, you might be hard pressed to get it from the VA where you were stationed in under two weeks.

If you don't know what you are looking for, it is the VA sheet that gives your percentage, evidence, and then describes all medical findings during out-processing.

Fortunately, I found mine sitting in a stack of papers so I didn't have to mess with the VA mothership, so I don't know if they can get it to you electronically. Good luck.

Comment

• seeOH
                        Forum Member
                        • Aug 2007

I just received my test results today. I did not pass; as I expected. Not sure why there is so much advanced math... I mean... college level statistics? If that's what HSI does... few people would want to work for them!!! Good luck to those moving on!

Comment

• Updown
                          Forum Member
                          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by seeOH
                          I just received my test results today. I did not pass; as I expected. Not sure why there is so much advanced math... I mean... college level statistics? If that's what HSI does... few people would want to work for them!!! Good luck to those moving on!
                          Sofry to hear that bro. I still haven't heard anything, which I'm assuming is good news. What time of day did you get the emailed notification if you don't mind me asking? Was it from the same address you set up the test from?

Comment

• seeOH
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2007

Honestly, I am not upset. In fact, it kind of helps me out as things have changed over the last two years since I first applied :-) I checked my email around 0600 this morning and it was sent out by ICE not CBP Pan Power or whatever the other one was.

Again, good luck. Be safe!

Comment

• Lunchbach
                              Forum Member
                              • Sep 2016

As an FYI, the medical clearance office is extremely backed up so things are taking a while to get through there.
                              Last edited by Lunchbach; 12-08-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Jobadaci
                                Forum Member
                                • Apr 2016

Anyone know how long the background investigation takes, after being contacted by the BI investigator? It seems I have done everything and waiting on my clearance

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12323 users online. 76 members and 12247 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...