Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cpd201 View Post

Math is the Logical Reasoning B
    Thanks, I guess I'll be "borrowing" my kid's textbooks then.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
      I received an e-mail that they were unable to hire enough applicants from the "best qualified" category (basically veterans) and had moved to the "well qualified" category. Since I am in that category, I was invited to take the test. The only problem is, I was 36 when I first applied, but I am 37 now. I'm not a veteran, nor do I have prior federal LE experience. A little confused as to why I was still invited to test, but I guess its reasonable that they just didn't even bother to screen candidate DOB's. So my question then, is there ANY chance whatsoever at all of receiving an age waiver? I have 12 years in LE, 10 in investigations, particularly in sex assault investigations and child forensic interviews. I imagine that would come in handy on some level. I know that they CAN waive me. The question is, would they? Or do they stick to the veteran and federal LE guideline.

Sad to say that i am not aware of any waivers for candidates such as yourself. If you had veteran status, they could waive it, like you said.

You could try for Border Patrol or ICE ERO, whose age limit is 40 years (unless it has changed), and once in that retirement plan, try again for an 1811 position. Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post

Sad to say that i am not aware of any waivers for candidates such as yourself. If you had veteran status, they could waive it, like you said.

You could try for Border Patrol or ICE ERO, whose age limit is 40 years (unless it has changed), and once in that retirement plan, try again for an 1811 position. Good luck to you.
        The reason I held out hope was that I found a document online which stated that the Commissioner of CBP could grant an age waiver for exceptionally qualified individuals. Granted, that's CBP and not ICE. But I don't see why ICE would be different. Maximum age for CBP is 37 as well. Its an older document, though, so that might have changed.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fi...d%20252-08.pdf

Comment

The reason I held out hope was that I found a document online which stated that the Commissioner of CBP could grant an age waiver for exceptionally qualified individuals. Granted, that's CBP and not ICE. But I don't see why ICE would be different. Maximum age for CBP is 37 as well. Its an older document, though, so that might have changed.

I received the same e-mail as you did about the written test.

And yes, I have heard of age waivers. My buddy got one when he hired on with HSI. He was working as an IT guy with another federal agency and knew the "right guy."

Comment

CBP has a different retirement plan (different from 6c) , which might give them more leverage with how to handle hires over 37? I haven't heard of anyone who got hired and had the age waived though. However, good luck to you, with whatever you end up doing.

Comment

CBP has a different retirement plan (different from 6c) , which might give them more leverage with how to handle hires over 37? I haven't heard of anyone who got hired and had the age waived though. However, good luck to you, with whatever you end up doing.
              Thanks. I'm going to go ahead and take the test anyway since I got the invite. Who knows. In all likelihood, I wouldn't leave my current gig anyway. Already have 12 years in the NJ pension and thats an awful lot of money to leave on the table. That said, if they offered me one of the Virgin Island locations, I would have to seriously think about it.

Comment

CBP has a different retirement plan (different from 6c)
                CBP does not have a different retirement plan. I worked for CBP for years as a Border Patrol Agent and it is a covered 6C/12D federal law enforcement retirement position. I also know that CBP Office of Air and Marine also have the same retirement.

What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

CBP does not have a different retirement plan. I worked for CBP for years as a Border Patrol Agent and it is a covered 6C/12D federal law enforcement retirement position. I also know that CBP Office of Air and Marine also have the same retirement.
                  He is probably thinking about CBP-OFO's retirement. CBPOs are "penciled in" under 6c/12d. It's a separate but equal retirement system to the true 6c/12d. It's the same as nuclear materials couriers and federal firefighters.

Comment

• Good morning – I applied under the August 2015 announcement. Did the one stop in Las Vegas, NV in June 2016. I got an EOD letter August 2016, started/EOD on August 21, 2016. Due to funding issues they were only able to hire about 30 agents the end of FY16. Now that we are in FY17, they will be starting to hire the 500+ agents needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SP308 View Post
                      Good morning – I applied under the August 2015 announcement. Did the one stop in Las Vegas, NV in June 2016. I got an EOD letter August 2016, started/EOD on August 21, 2016. Due to funding issues they were only able to hire about 30 agents the end of FY16. Now that we are in FY17, they will be starting to hire the 500+ agents needed.
                      Congrats man. I was at the Vegas one-stop. I finished my BI a few weeks ago, just waiting on the word for an EOD.

Lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by SP308 View Post
                        Good morning – I applied under the August 2015 announcement. Did the one stop in Las Vegas, NV in June 2016. I got an EOD letter August 2016, started/EOD on August 21, 2016. Due to funding issues they were only able to hire about 30 agents the end of FY16. Now that we are in FY17, they will be starting to hire the 500+ agents needed.
                        Was the one stop after your HSI assessment? Or the test was in the same stop?
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• I just completed my assessment this morning. Does anyone have a rough time frame on how long until the scores from the assessment are posted?

Comment

• Originally posted by NarcoK95O View Post
                            I just completed my assessment this morning. Does anyone have a rough time frame on how long until the scores from the assessment are posted?
                            Took about 2 months,

Comment

I just completed my assessment this morning. Does anyone have a rough time frame on how long until the scores from the assessment are posted?
                              At the end of the test a message came up on the screen saying that we'll be emailed whenever the score is ready. I've heard of the results coming back in as short as a couple days.

Comment

For me it took 2 weeks but I was a late assessment taker.
                                - Bluecrew
                                "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9363 users online. 294 members and 9069 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X