Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Lee23; 10-03-2016, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
      Does not passing a polygraph at another agency have an effect with the hiring process at HSI?
      I wont speculate with a guessing answer to your question, but I am sure they will find it during your BI. And I know for CBP for example, if I am currently BP and fail an HSI USSS or ICE poly (another DHS departmental agency), my agency will be notified and bad things can happen from there.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

Does not passing a polygraph at another agency have an effect with the hiring process at HSI?
        They'll find it and ask you questions about it.

Comment

Do NOT let it deter you. I know plenty who have failed or received inconclusive results on a poly for one agency and went on the have long careers with another agency. If or when asked about it during your background, be honest about it.

Comment

I can speak from personal experience when I say, unfortunately, yes it will. DHS is firm in it's belief that regardless of where you work, what you do, how many lock-ups you have, you're favorite color, your alma mater or who you are, anything but a perfect polygraph means you MUST BE a terrorist, a criminal or a foreign operative.

For such make believe "science", even though they don't administer polygraphs, ICE is going to demand an answer as to why you did not get that previous job. Hell, they are going to demand an answer as to why you didn't get EVERY previous job you had a BI conducted for.

LunytunzPR on the Deportation Forum had an inconclusive poly at BP or CBP FO, currently works at DHS and OPR had him in limbo for months and months before they even bothered to send out accusations. He got it resolved but it added to an already drawn out and delayed process that is only going to be that much longer since today is the first of FY2017 and as usual, the nice beacons of truth and integrity downtown at the big, white domed building decided to "fund" the federal government until just after they are done working to get re-elected. I guess all that trivial nonsense of running the country can wait until February. In the meantime, I wish the best of luck to you Lee23. OPR is an evil creation that mostly functions to justify its further existence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              I'm a non one-stop applicant.

Just a small update. Received a medical follow up email today for visual acuity/depth. It's a good thing I got it today because I'm leaving town for training at FLETC Charleston and I will be gone for 2 weeks. I was able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow.

So there is still movement for those of us who are not one-stop applicants.
              Also a non one stop applicant with a similar timeline and scores. As I previously indicated, I had not heard zip since I submitted the BI paperwork. Out of the depths of left field I got an email followed shortly by a phone call last Friday to see if I could come in for a panel interview yesterday. I went and interviewed and figure I passed since I've been twice before. It all seemed very odd though since the panel had me hang out for about an hour while they waited for the FEDEX from Dallas with the interview materials, almost like I was the only person they had ever interviewed. Then when the panel was over I had another strange formal "personal" interview with an ASAC who told me repeatedly that he had no clue I was coming and that they hadn't interviewed anybody since about June.

Either the first crowd of folks they processed were a complete disaster based on the last few posts that indicate to that they didn't find who they were looking for or they had just enough cash flow left in the FY16 budget to interview one guy. They were very adamant that it had to be on or before the 29th. And for purposes of intel, the ASAC did tell me that when they were doing this t a few months ago, he was informed that it was going to almost exclusively southwest border locations offered, at least five years before any legit consideration would be made for a self funded lateral transfer to get out of Demming, Falcon Lake, Presidio, etc and they were trying to hire 500 agents before the end of FY16. He also said that virtually all medium to large field offices that are not considered hard to fill are not hiring and are only permitted to hire journeyman GS13's. He was being completely honest when he said that nobody should take the job unless they want to spend the next decade at the border or want to apply to go to another agency a year after they get hired. Priorty is solely at the border no matter how empty the field offices in Chicago, Atlanta, Miami or DC get.

He also mentioned that HQ was more focused on hiring people first and getting them to FLETC when they could. He said classes were back burner and sitting at your new office for 6,8,12 months wasn't uncommon.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post

Also a non one stop applicant with a similar timeline and scores. As I previously indicated, I had not heard zip since I submitted the BI paperwork. Out of the depths of left field I got an email followed shortly by a phone call last Friday to see if I could come in for a panel interview yesterday. I went and interviewed and figure I passed since I've been twice before. It all seemed very odd though since the panel had me hang out for about an hour while they waited for the FEDEX from Dallas with the interview materials, almost like I was the only person they had ever interviewed. Then when the panel was over I had another strange formal "personal" interview with an ASAC who told me repeatedly that he had no clue I was coming and that they hadn't interviewed anybody since about June.

Either the first crowd of folks they processed were a complete disaster based on the last few posts that indicate to that they didn't find who they were looking for or they had just enough cash flow left in the FY16 budget to interview one guy. They were very adamant that it had to be on or before the 29th. And for purposes of intel, the ASAC did tell me that when they were doing this t a few months ago, he was informed that it was going to almost exclusively southwest border locations offered, at least five years before any legit consideration would be made for a self funded lateral transfer to get out of Demming, Falcon Lake, Presidio, etc and they were trying to hire 500 agents before the end of FY16. He also said that virtually all medium to large field offices that are not considered hard to fill are not hiring and are only permitted to hire journeyman GS13's. He was being completely honest when he said that nobody should take the job unless they want to spend the next decade at the border or want to apply to go to another agency a year after they get hired. Priorty is solely at the border no matter how empty the field offices in Chicago, Atlanta, Miami or DC get.

He also mentioned that HQ was more focused on hiring people first and getting them to FLETC when they could. He said classes were back burner and sitting at your new office for 6,8,12 months wasn't uncommon.
                A lot of people are very close to being clear for hire, but we are stuck at the med clearance step.

As for location, choose wisely. Five to ten years is no joke to be stuck in a location you don't like. Believe me, I've already done it.

It's a shame too because attrition and morale issues could be resolved by opening hiring and transfers all over the US.

What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post

It's a shame too because attrition and morale issues could be resolved by opening hiring and transfers all over the US.
                  You have to hire 1,000 agents first, before you can let 1,000 agents working on the border transfer out... And those kind of numbers take a long time to get on the job, through the academy, and up to speed.

And FYI- There is supposed to be another 600 SA's hired in FY17... The ICE academy probably has the capacity to put about half of that through in a year, so any new hires will be sitting in the office for several months before you go to FLETC.

Comment

• Scheduled written test date next week. Was assuming I was going to be a one-stop, but I'll take one test at a time just as well. Excited to get this process rolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                      Scheduled written test date next week. Was assuming I was going to be a one-stop, but I'll take one test at a time just as well. Excited to get this process rolling.
                      The written assessment is not part of the one-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                        Scheduled written test date next week. Was assuming I was going to be a one-stop, but I'll take one test at a time just as well. Excited to get this process rolling.
                        The written test was never part of the one stop. The one stop comes if you pass everything on the test/writing assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by cpd201 View Post

The written test was never part of the one stop. The one stop comes if you pass everything on the test/writing assessment.
                          Ah! Good to know, good to know!!

Comment

• One stop app here and scheduled my test and it shows as follows: Logical Reasoning A&B, Writing Skills, Candidate Experience, Writing Sample Exercise.

Now if I'm not mistaken wasn't there supposed to be math on this test? If not I just breathed a sigh of relief otherwise if there is I'm screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by GotEem View Post
                              One stop app here and scheduled my test and it shows as follows: Logical Reasoning A&B, Writing Skills, Candidate Experience, Writing Sample Exercise.

Now if I'm not mistaken wasn't there supposed to be math on this test? If not I just breathed a sigh of relief otherwise if there is I'm screwed.
                              Math is the Logical Reasoning B

Comment

• I received an e-mail that they were unable to hire enough applicants from the "best qualified" category (basically veterans) and had moved to the "well qualified" category. Since I am in that category, I was invited to take the test. The only problem is, I was 36 when I first applied, but I am 37 now. I'm not a veteran, nor do I have prior federal LE experience. A little confused as to why I was still invited to test, but I guess its reasonable that they just didn't even bother to screen candidate DOB's. So my question then, is there ANY chance whatsoever at all of receiving an age waiver? I have 12 years in LE, 10 in investigations, particularly in sex assault investigations and child forensic interviews. I imagine that would come in handy on some level. I know that they CAN waive me. The question is, would they? Or do they stick to the veteran and federal LE guideline.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6709 users online. 378 members and 6331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X