Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just received email with new information
    "Due to new operational needs of Homeland Security Investigations, Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), the agency has decided to add applicants into the hiring process who rated in the Well Qualified Category."

"Well Qualified applicants will be contacted by an ICE Contracted Testing Facility, within the next 6 to 8 weeks, to begin scheduling the Special Agent Test Battery and Writing Sample Assessment. Applicants must successfully pass both the Special Agent Test Battery and the Writing Sample Assessment to continue in the hiring process. Applicants, who successfully pass the Special Agent Test Battery and Writing Sample, will be sent additional information regarding the next steps in the hiring process."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone-2 View Post
      Just received email with new information
      "Due to new operational needs of Homeland Security Investigations, Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE), the agency has decided to add applicants into the hiring process who rated in the Well Qualified Category."

"Well Qualified applicants will be contacted by an ICE Contracted Testing Facility, within the next 6 to 8 weeks, to begin scheduling the Special Agent Test Battery and Writing Sample Assessment. Applicants must successfully pass both the Special Agent Test Battery and the Writing Sample Assessment to continue in the hiring process. Applicants, who successfully pass the Special Agent Test Battery and Writing Sample, will be sent additional information regarding the next steps in the hiring process."
      I just got the same email.

Comment

• Has anyone who applied in July 2016 heard anything yet?

Comment

• If you don't mind me asking, what was your rating score? If I remember correctly 95 was the cut off. Just curious what range the well qualified category includes.

Comment

• I got the same email, have no idea what my score was (forgot I applied), former local leo, current fed leo, 3 bachelor degrees, 2 masters degrees, no vet pref. Not sure what kind of score that generates, but it put me in the well qualified category.

Comment

• Copy that. I scored a 93 and haven't received the email. Just wondering...

Comment

• Take it from me - check your spam folders ladies and gents...

Comment

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
                  Has anyone who applied in July 2016 heard anything yet?
                  No, nothing has been released, no NOR or anything related to that announcement.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Double posting because IDK how to do a multiquote reply anymore on the new forum, if it is even possible.

Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                    If you don't mind me asking, what was your rating score? If I remember correctly 95 was the cut off. Just curious what range the well qualified category includes.
                    It says in the email 85 or greater

Category Rating were used to rank applicants by the score earned on the vacancy announcement assessment questionnaire. You scored in the Well Qualified category. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who earned a score of 85 or higher on the assessment questionnaire were placed in the Well Qualified category and had their qualifications reviewed.

I scored 91 first time around, so we shall see.

I was thinking when reading the email that this was from the 2016 email, and was getting all excited to go to a ****ty location for the Hardship Office program, but this was the one that was done by SAC office I guess. I selected San Antonio, wish I had selected USVI as well as I have since got my wife on board with the idea of USVI or NMI, but not at the time of this application a year ago.
                    Last edited by battlewagon; 09-27-2016, 10:56 PM.

honor first

Comment

• Where do you find your category rating? Of those receiving emails, did you apply in June or the 2015 opening? I figure I would score high. I have a masters and have been in federal law enforcement for 8 years. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by marathon View Post
                        Of those receiving emails, did you apply in June or the 2015 opening?
                        The emails are exclusive to the 2015 announcement. They haven't even done NORs for the 16 announcement yet.

Originally posted by marathon View Post
                        Where do you find your category rating?
                        The original emails with NORs for the 2015 didn't state category, but I would assume 95+ was considered best qualified, since that was the original cut off. If that is true, combined with the current emails, 85-94 would be considered well qualified.

honor first

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification Battlewagon.

Good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post

The original emails with NORs for the 2015 didn't state category, but I would assume 95+ was considered best qualified, since that was the original cut off. If that is true, combined with the current emails, 85-94 would be considered well qualified.
                            If you go onto USAJobs and follow the links back to where you submitted docs for the 2015 announcement (where it says it's taking you away from USAJobs to the site HSI uses), the score should be listed on that NOR.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post

If you go onto USAJobs and follow the links back to where you submitted docs for the 2015 announcement (where it says it's taking you away from USAJobs to the site HSI uses), the score should be listed on that NOR.
                              Correct, your score was there, but it didn't state the category you fell into, such as 'best' qualified', 'well qualified', etc., which was the user's question. I am guessing in regards to the category ranges, based on the 95+ original cutoff, and the new group being considered with scores of 85-94.

honor first

Comment

• So , I received the well qualified email this week. Checked back on my NOR and I was rated at 102. I cannot understand this process. Only thing I can do , is guess that every location had its own cut off #

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10623 users online. 384 members and 10239 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X