Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
    I was referring to the online test at the contracted test administration locations. I applied to the 8/31-9/2/2015 vacancy and received a 100 score on the NOR that was emailed on or about 12/13/2015.

I did fill out the eqip and submitted it in maybe May though.

All very strange since I am a current federal 0083 and have been for years on top of having a current, active clearance. However, the ERO side of ICE cleared everything but my background before they tried to bar me from federal employment.

In the belief of full disclosure I used to work at DHS and told them the complete truth about how awful a job it was during my exit interview when I resigned. Ever since I have been jammed up every time I apply to a DHS sub agency to include being rated unqualified, ineligible along with blatantly ignored to wherever I apply. USCIS, NPPD and HSI have all told me in no uncertain terms that I am unqualified for GS/GL jobs at 5,7 & 9 even though my education alone qualifies me not to mention my decade of LEO experience.

Again, just throwing it out to the forum family to generate some thoughts.

Be safe everyone
    You're saying you have a clean SF50, but did you quit a miserable job, or were you asked to resign for some reason? The forner shouldn't have resulted in any future BI problems, but the latter certainly could. Gaps in employment, suddenly leaving jobs (especially LE jobs) throws up red flags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post
      You're saying you have a clean SF50, but did you quit a miserable job, or were you asked to resign for some reason? The forner shouldn't have resulted in any future BI problems, but the latter certainly could. Gaps in employment, suddenly leaving jobs (especially LE jobs) throws up red flags.
      I have a clean SF50, nothing more than about a week between jobs to account for moving around the country twice and, like I said I am a non veteran current 0083 with an active clearance.

And yes it was an absolutely miserable job.

As I've mentioned before, DHS is the only place I've ever had any issues with across the federal law enforcement agency alphabet soup. I've been offered around 14 jobs in the last three years. None at DHS but pick an agency and I've probably applied at some point.

Comment

• First time posting on officer.com in about 5 years or so. Has anyone who applied for the July 2016 announcement heard anything yet? It's been so long since I've applied for a job that maybe I'm being unreasonable thinking I'd hear something so soon. Haha.
        "He made the night a little brighter where ever he would go. The old lamplighter of long, long ago."

Comment

• Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not locate it. Does HSI pay any relocation expenses if you are already a federal employee? I know it's hit or miss with certain agencies, but just wanted clarification on HSI for your first move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
            Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not locate it. Does HSI pay any relocation expenses if you are already a federal employee? I know it's hit or miss with certain agencies, but just wanted clarification on HSI for your first move.

I will answer this for you! Per our EOD instructions, no payment for the first move other than up to 40 hours of paid admin time off (week off) to make the move to your assigned SAC. First day of work is at your local field office if you live more than 50 miles away from your assigned location and after that you have that week to make the move. Anything subsequent to this that isnt part of the SFLR process would be on their dime (IE moving you to another location).
            - Bluecrew
            "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
              Sorry if this has already been answered, but I could not locate it. Does HSI pay any relocation expenses if you are already a federal employee? I know it's hit or miss with certain agencies, but just wanted clarification on HSI for your first move.

No, you pay all your own moving and travel expenses to get to your first duty station. They will pay for your travel to and from the academy from your duty station.

Comment

• any non one stoppers get a final offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jobadaci View Post
                  any non one stoppers get a final offer?
                  non-one stopper here...still waiting on my medical clearance to come through...seems to be the only thing holding things up

Comment

• I was told my SSBI was due back yesterday, so I'm hoping I hear something soon. ETA I was told this by the BI, did not call to get this info.
                    Last edited by AGENT-X; 09-08-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• They are still processing the last announcement and have not even reviewed the applications for the new announcement. Patience is the key. No need to call.

Comment

• I'm a non one-stop applicant.

Just a small update. Received a medical follow up email today for visual acuity/depth. It's a good thing I got it today because I'm leaving town for training at FLETC Charleston and I will be gone for 2 weeks. I was able to schedule an appointment for tomorrow.

So there is still movement for those of us who are not one-stop applicants.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I'm 36 years old, I have a Bachelors degree, I speak English and Spanish. I'm currently a Deportation Officer with ICE ERO, but previously worked as a Border Patrol Agent for four years and as a Correctional Officer with the BOP for two years. I am a non-vet.

A quick timeline from a Non One Stop applicant:

08/31/2015 Applied, Geo Preference: Phoenix, AZ
                          12/10/2015 Notice of Results, GL-9 Score: 98
                          03/23/2016 ICE Entry Level Assessment, Score: 94
                          05/19/2016 Tentative Selection Letter
                          07/25/2016 ICE Medical Exam
                          07/28/2016 Entry Level Criminal Investigator Interview
                          09/08/2016 Medical Follow Up

Notice that there are 2-3 months between most steps in my process. Since I just turned in my follow up paperwork today, I don't expect to hear anything back until at least November, if not January due to possible budget issues and the holiday season.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Any news from anyone since the sites been down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                              Any news from anyone since the sites been down?
                              I got my official EOD on Thursday last week and my EOD/In processing info from my SAC Friday to include work assignment.
                              - Bluecrew
                              "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                                Any news from anyone since the sites been down?
                                Just got notice today that my medical clearance came through...I think that's the only thing that held me back so we'll see..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11361 users online. 394 members and 10967 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X