Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to hear that many of you are moving along in the process. I'm not. I took the test back in April, received the email with the link about the score-94ish I think-and haven't heard a word from them since. I'm assuming I'm done. Didn't want to go back to Arizona anyway.

Best of luck to all

Comment

• Originally posted by BP_to_1811 View Post
      You won't be going to San Antonio or Albuquerque and I think the few spots at Phoenix and Tucson have already been filled.

Expect to be on the border.
      That is what I'm expecting, but would be cool to get one of the ones I mentioned.
      Last edited by AGENT-X; 08-20-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
        Glad to hear that many of you are moving along in the process. I'm not. I took the test back in April, received the email with the link about the score-94ish I think-and haven't heard a word from them since. I'm assuming I'm done. Didn't want to go back to Arizona anyway.

Best of luck to all
        You may want to follow up about that score. I scored a few points lower and have moved forward in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear that many of you are moving along in the process. I'm not. I took the test back in April, received the email with the link about the score-94ish I think-and haven't heard a word from them since. I'm assuming I'm done. Didn't want to go back to Arizona anyway.

Best of luck to all
          That doesn't sound right. You passed the test so you should have been processed. Did you ever get the one-stop survey e-mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
            That doesn't sound right. You passed the test so you should have been processed. Did you ever get the one-stop survey e-mail?
            I did get that email. I declined to attend a one stop. Zip since. I've emailed and called and left messages. No response. I used to work at a DHS agency many years ago. I left and went to the private sector and told them what they didn't appreciate hearing in my exit interview, even though it was the truth. I've got a clean SF50 and am a current Fed but I get the distinct feeling that when my social gets input when the majority of the hiring process starts at DHS, a giant red flag explodes.

The clowns at OPR tried to ban me from the government twice and based it on not getting hired at DOJ for an admin job nine years ago over an inconclusive(their words) polygraph and NPPD told me I don't meet minimum qualifications for a GL5/7 1811 status announcement posted for many vacancies despite my degree, SSA on top of that, multiple years as a grade 7 and plenty of investigative experience. CIS has referred me a few times and I've taken one test and never advanced past getting a 100 score(lucky guessing probably).

I'm over HSI. I'm not desperate, I'm not ever going back to the border for too many reasons to list and if they treat SOOOOO many of us like filth trying to get on, I can tell you all from first hand knowledge, it's not a lovely green pasture on the other side of the fence. When you're in your a suspicious guest and when you're not, you are a Zika-infested pest. It was probably my last chance at an 1811 based on age and that pointless cutoff.

Who knows though? New fiscal year soon and a new administration after that set to replace the most law enforcement unfriendly bunch in world history.

Chins and hopes up and heads down bothers and sisters

Comment

• I finally received a tentative offer this week after taking the exam months ago. I was one of the applicants that had to redo the written assessment. Looks like I will slowly but surely be moving along with the hiring process.

Comment

• Originally posted by kyleman View Post
                I finally received a tentative offer this week after taking the exam months ago. I was one of the applicants that had to redo the written assessment. Looks like I will slowly but surely be moving along with the hiring process.
                Congrats!!! What location?

Comment

• Please do not resign from your current job if you receive a "TENTATIVE EOD". It is called tentative for a reason. If you currently work for the government you know that anything can change. Also, if they haven't gotten to you back on your next step it is because your process (medical, physical, exam results, background investigation) is still pending. I applied for the July announcement but just wanted to stop by here and give my two cents.

Comment

Best of luck to all
                    Same here minus the score, I got an 89. No movement since.

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post
                      Same here minus the score, I got an 89. No movement since.
                      Hello,

The score you are referring to, is the NOR score after completing the initial online questioner or is this a score after taking the actual written test at an assessment center?

Thanks.

Comment

• Sorry, online questionnaire

Comment

• Originally posted by Updown View Post
                          Sorry, online questionnaire
                          Ok. Cool.

I believe the cut off was 95 in the 2015 announcement. Not sure if it will be the same for the current 2016 announcement...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                            Ok. Cool.

I believe the cut off was 95 in the 2015 announcement. Not sure if it will be the same for the current 2016 announcement...

Some locations were 95 and some locations were 70 for the cutoff FYI
                            - Bluecrew
                            "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
                              Some locations were 95 and some locations were 70 for the cutoff FYI
                              Did not know that....

Is it likely the same for the 2016 then? And is that info available as far as what the cutoff score is for each location?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lee23 View Post
                                Hello,

The score you are referring to, is the NOR score after completing the initial online questioner or is this a score after taking the actual written test at an assessment center?

Thanks.

I was referring to the online test at the contracted test administration locations. I applied to the 8/31-9/2/2015 vacancy and received a 100 score on the NOR that was emailed on or about 12/13/2015.

I did fill out the eqip and submitted it in maybe May though.

All very strange since I am a current federal 0083 and have been for years on top of having a current, active clearance. However, the ERO side of ICE cleared everything but my background before they tried to bar me from federal employment.

In the belief of full disclosure I used to work at DHS and told them the complete truth about how awful a job it was during my exit interview when I resigned. Ever since I have been jammed up every time I apply to a DHS sub agency to include being rated unqualified, ineligible along with blatantly ignored to wherever I apply. USCIS, NPPD and HSI have all told me in no uncertain terms that I am unqualified for GS/GL jobs at 5,7 & 9 even though my education alone qualifies me not to mention my decade of LEO experience.

Again, just throwing it out to the forum family to generate some thoughts.

Be safe everyone

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8665 users online. 381 members and 8284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X