Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1811NYC2MN View Post
    Just got mine today 9/4/16 EOD, no FLETC class date
    Congrats! I've been trying to call forever now and finally spoke with someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
      Congrats! I've been trying to call forever now and finally spoke with someone.

What did they say?

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
        What did they say?
        They just took a message on paper and told me someone would call me in 48 hours.

Comment

• I got an email last week with my EOD date. No academy, just location (Nogales).

One Stop in Las Vegas.

Comment

• For non-one stop individuals, how quick was your turn around for medical? Have any of you received fingerprint cards or info for a drug test? Everything was moving super fast for me, since it seems they are using my current clearance, until now. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at HR either.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
              For non-one stop individuals, how quick was your turn around for medical? Have any of you received fingerprint cards or info for a drug test? Everything was moving super fast for me, since it seems they are using my current clearance, until now. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at HR either.

I'm a non-one stopper...just joining the thread. I did my medical first week of July, my two interviews the following week and had my drug test done last week. I had my fingerprint card sent to me the first week of June and I sent that back a week or two later. Just waiting on BI results now..

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
                For non-one stop individuals, how quick was your turn around for medical? Have any of you received fingerprint cards or info for a drug test? Everything was moving super fast for me, since it seems they are using my current clearance, until now. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at HR either.

Have not received anything yet.

I'm probably the rare one on this thread, but I have a 100% hands off approach. What that means is that I NEVER call HR. My logic is that calling them does not make the process go any faster. Having been through many federal hiring processes, I know this to be the case.

When I was hired by ERO last year, I didn't call them one time, and I was still offered a position at about the same time as all the guys who were calling every other day. This year in the HSI process, I haven't called them once, but just stayed patient and waited for them to contact me when they needed something.
                What is Perseverance?
                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                  How many polygraphs have you taken? I have taken 5.

I passed 4 and failed 1. My answers did not change. Until I failed that polygraph, I foolishly believed that it was a legitimate piece of equipment. After my failure my eyes were opened to the absolute garbage that is the polygraph.

I hear that 65%+ of all people who take the polygraph for Border Patrol fail. I have heard stories of current police officers, honorable military veterans, etc. all failing. There are even several former Border Patrol Agents who failed the polygraph when the sought reinstatement.

Nothing will convince me that 65-70% of all applicants, ones who could pass the background investigation, have clean criminal histories, strong work histories, strong financial histories, etc, are all liars who have super secret hidden pasts.
                  When I was a squadron commander my 1SG was re-applying to BP after a 2 year layoff and failed his polygraph.. He was an agent for 10 years before leaving for another non LE opportunity. Trust the dude with my life, but he failed and was DQ'd. As a LEO I've used them on several occasions to entice personnel to cooperate, but as a complete test of veracity.. I think the entire BI site picture should be evaluated w/ the polygraph being one tool.. My $.02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Muzzle_Flash View Post
                    Any OS applicants applying to the Lateral?
                    I did.. I'm hoping there is no additional processing for those that make the cut to move forward.

Comment

• Speaking of the lateral announcement, does anyone think this could be a quick turn-around to get folks slotted in case of a budget issue? Or, will it take 9-12 months like last year's mass lateral announcement. This seems to be a smaller applicant pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeLLoDraMa View Post
                        When I was a squadron commander my 1SG was re-applying to BP after a 2 year layoff and failed his polygraph.. He was an agent for 10 years before leaving for another non LE opportunity. Trust the dude with my life, but he failed and was DQ'd. As a LEO I've used them on several occasions to entice personnel to cooperate, but as a complete test of veracity.. I think the entire BI site picture should be evaluated w/ the polygraph being one tool.. My $.02.
                        I have taken and passed multiple polygraphs and had an inconclusive on one that cost me a job then and has cost me four jobs since because other agencies that don't polygraph are quick to rely on a fake science test from a decade ago. It matters not what the question or answer is, but how an arbitrary sensor interprets a deep breath, the reaction to cold medicine, the temperature in the room, a cough, a fart, a foot falling asleep or dehydration after being strapped into that junk for five hours.

Like The Kansan said, it is a total leap to believe that 75% of anybody wired up to those things is a criminal, a complete liar or an attempted mole. FAMS just scrapped something like 70% of those who took the "test" and that was after all sorts of pre employment hoops.

It's not meant to DQ the corrupt. It is absolutely meant to DQ enough applicants so that all the agencies that use them can substantially thin the pile of applicants and save tons of money on BI's and not have to face scrutiny from upper management (Or Congress) when they stutter out some BS as answer to why it takes three years to hire an entry level employee.

Ultra corrupt Alrich Ames passed multiple CIA administered polygraphs after he was caught. FBI admits that they polygraph because they don't want a repeat of Breach. The court system long ago ruled them totally inadmissible because of inherent issues with reliability and scientific validity.

Far too many people with perfect backgrounds "fail" polygraphs and get black listed but if the same person passes a polygraph, then a background investigation commences? That fact alone is an unimpeachable indication that the test is frivolous because if it wasn't and people passed, then why isn't that the end of it?

Don't sneeze, fart, exhale or wiggle and all of us sleepers will get over on the system!

Comment

• Originally posted by MeLLoDraMa View Post
                          Here is another problem with the polygraph.... personnel administering the polygraph are not fluent polygraph examiners. Instead, they are 1811 Internal Affairs agents who went to a one day crash course, and now they are considered competent examiners. On one polygraph, the examiner told my buddy verbal response were not necessary. Instead, just thinking of the answer to the question was good enough for the examiner to make a competent determination. WHAT???

The poly is such BS.

Comment

• As a criminal investigator for a PD, the poly has its uses as an "interview/interrogation" tool. However, just like in interviewing it depends on the skill level of the interviewer at how well they use this technique to elicit a response. That said, there is a reason it's not admissible. To me it's not science, just a semi successful tool. My agency uses them for candidates and I can tell you we've missed out on some good people because of it and hired some who should have never been hired.

Comment

• One of my former partners did a background on a guy who had finally beaten one. He denied drug usage on his current application and passed, but he acknowledged using on a previous with another agency and passed that one. Other stuff in the background disqualified him though. Still...

Comment

• Any idea if there are any more CITP class dates this FY or what the dates are for next FY?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9390 users online. 263 members and 9127 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X