Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so i have a question hopefully you guys/gals can assist me with some knowledge. I just start working at ICE next week (non 1811), i applied for the recent ICE announcement, can my new hiring to the agency assist me in the hiring process even though i am a new blood? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
      You do not. You do not get LEAP until you report to the academy. You do however get time in grade while you are at an office waiting, so hypothetically if you wait a year or two, you could come in as a GS7 and go to a 9 or 9 to 11 (I believe that is how the jump happens). So by the time you made it to the academies or even better your station, you could be making better coin than what you would have been if things happened right away.
      You also aren't building any time in for SFLR purposes as that begins when you finish hsisat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
        You do not. You do not get LEAP until you report to the academy. You do however get time in grade while you are at an office waiting, so hypothetically if you wait a year or two, you could come in as a GS7 and go to a 9 or 9 to 11 (I believe that is how the jump happens). So by the time you made it to the academies or even better your station, you could be making better coin than what you would have been if things happened right away.
        Moving from a GS-12 with 25% AUO to a GL-9 without LEAP is a huge pay cut, even if it is only for a few months. I calculated it would be about a 35% drop in pay.

I dropped to a GL-7 step 10 with 25% AUO when I joined ERO and it was about an equivalent drop from my pay as a BPA. You still are making okay money, and being single it was not difficult. However with a family it would have been hard. Especially for those who are used to a certain lifestyle. It would even be harder if a move to a border location means your significant other can no longer find decent paying employment.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Can someone pm me the number for HR please.

Comment

• I was informed via email that I have been granted EOD but haven't received a call yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hi everyone new to applying for 1811. Does anyone know if your issued a take home car in this position? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by SSO1311 View Post
                Hi everyone new to applying for 1811. Does anyone know if your issued a take home car in this position? Thanks
                yes

Comment

• Originally posted by globalt View Post
                  yes

Thank you for the reply. Very much appreciated.

Comment

• from those who have applied to the september 2015 announcement... has anyone received a final offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                      from those who have applied to the september 2015 announcement... has anyone received a final offer?
                      Nothing yet.

Comment

• Nothing yet, I was told my background was cleared for EOD but HR couldn't confirm as it is still being "processed"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                          from those who have applied to the september 2015 announcement... has anyone received a final offer?
                          Nothing yet, but I did receive an email yesterday to provide an additional document for the background (born abroad form), so I believe my background has started.

Comment

• I got my fingerprint cards but no instructions or address of where to send them to. Does anybody know the return address? Also- I'm detailed to ICE HQ right now. Does anyone know if I can just have them submitted electronically from HQ? They have employment fingerprint machines downstairs but it says the fingerprint cards they sent are the ones that must be returned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                              Those who went through the Deportation Officer process and cleared that processes already had cleared Medicals and backgrounds. So, all they needed was an interview in order to clear the process. A buddy of mine got the call the day after the one stop in San Antonio. He had cleared the DO process back in March.
                              What?! I've been a DO for 8 years and they made me do a whole new medical. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by this1811 View Post
                                Nothing yet, I was told my background was cleared for EOD but HR couldn't confirm as it is still being "processed"

How were you contacted about being cleared?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9404 users online. 533 members and 8871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X