Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For those who have received the LASIK follow-up form, after the medical, was it sent to you via email or USPS? Also, does it simply need to be completed/dated/signed by the OD, as in 2012, or does it require an exam dated after receipt of the form?

    Going to be traveling and hope to be able to complete it based on eye exam last week. Completed OS in Atlanta and that should be the last step. Hopefully.
    Last edited by 1159fed; 07-07-2016, 06:07 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 1159fed View Post
      For those who have received the LASIK follow-up form, after the medical, was it sent to you via email or USPS? Also, does it simply need to be completed/dated/signed by the OD, as in 2012, or does it require an exam dated after receipt of the form?
      I completed my OS back in June. I had Lasik a couple of years ago. I have heard nothing about a follow up request. Is this standard?

      Comment


      • I am not a one-stop applicant, but instead chose to go through the process locally. I was called to schedule medical today.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


        BOP - BPA - ICE

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cleanguy15 View Post
          Great location too!
          I applied an hour ago

          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It depends on you definition of "great location". Don't be fooled by them listing the SAC offices. This announcement is for border locations and high cost of living/remote locations.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


          BOP - BPA - ICE

          Comment


          • It was part of the process during the 2011 announcement. Just a one-page form for your OD to complete, no big deal, but they wouldn't clear you without it. It came via email from the medical unit in Dallas back then. I'd assume the process is unchanged but just wanted to see if someone had more current info.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              I am not a one-stop applicant, but instead chose to go through the process locally. I was called to schedule medical today.
              Wow that's pretty quick after the one stops. They must be trying to process a lot of people quickly.

              Comment


              • Friend on the inside says 500 by end of fiscal year.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                  Friend on the inside says 500 by end of fiscal year.
                  Hired?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
                    Hired?
                    Yes, but be prepared to sit at your assigned office pending an available spot at FLETC.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
                      Yes, but be prepared to sit at your assigned office pending an available spot at FLETC.
                      That may be a long wait. With the space available at FLETC and the number of ICE instructors available, they can only run 3 overlapping HSISAT classes at the same time. Each class has 24 people in it. 14 weeks each, means under 300 students per year. Last I heard they had pushed through less than 200 so far this FY.

                      So if they hire 300 more in september, just to sit in the field offices waiting for a FLETC slot, plus whatever gets approved to hire in FY17, you may be sitting at a desk counting floor tiles for well over a year. Maybe even two. The good part is, that time still counts, so your time in grade for your next grade is ticking away.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by NYresQ View Post
                        That may be a long wait. With the space available at FLETC and the number of ICE instructors available, they can only run 3 overlapping HSISAT classes at the same time. Each class has 24 people in it. 14 weeks each, means under 300 students per year. Last I heard they had pushed through less than 200 so far this FY.

                        So if they hire 300 more in september, just to sit in the field offices waiting for a FLETC slot, plus whatever gets approved to hire in FY17, you may be sitting at a desk counting floor tiles for well over a year. Maybe even two. The good part is, that time still counts, so your time in grade for your next grade is ticking away.
                        No badge, no gun, no arrest authority, inability to work in the field, feeling more like a secretary than an LEO. I did this for a two month period when I joined ERO. It took that long for my creds to arrive. It was not fun.


                        Personally I would rather be able to stay at my current agency until an academy slot opens than sit around an HSI office and be useless.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.


                        BOP - BPA - ICE

                        Comment


                        • During this waiting period, do you get your leap?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NYresQ View Post
                            That may be a long wait. With the space available at FLETC and the number of ICE instructors available, they can only run 3 overlapping HSISAT classes at the same time. Each class has 24 people in it. 14 weeks each, means under 300 students per year. Last I heard they had pushed through less than 200 so far this FY.

                            So if they hire 300 more in september, just to sit in the field offices waiting for a FLETC slot, plus whatever gets approved to hire in FY17, you may be sitting at a desk counting floor tiles for well over a year. Maybe even two. The good part is, that time still counts, so your time in grade for your next grade is ticking away.
                            I'll take sitting at a field office counting floor tile! Better than where I am at without a doubt!


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

                              Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                              No badge, no gun, no arrest authority, inability to work in the field, feeling more like a secretary than an LEO. I did this for a two month period when I joined ERO. It took that long for my creds to arrive. It was not fun.


                              Personally I would rather be able to stay at my current agency until an academy slot opens than sit around an HSI office and be useless.
                              Yeah, I'm gonna guess that's not really an option. I'm in the office waiting for an academy at my current (non-fed) agency. It's not so bad. Gives me time to learn about the agency and what they do, get to know the people in the office, prepare for the academy, etc. My learning curve after the academy won't be as bad now, and a few months isn't so bad for something that will likely end up a career.

                              Yeah, I want to get the academy started so I can start doing the full job, but it's not awful while I wait. At least they started me and I'm getting paid. But this is my first real LE job, so maybe that's one reason I don't mind it as much.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nevergiveup725 View Post
                                During this waiting period, do you get your leap?


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                You do not. You do not get LEAP until you report to the academy. You do however get time in grade while you are at an office waiting, so hypothetically if you wait a year or two, you could come in as a GS7 and go to a 9 or 9 to 11 (I believe that is how the jump happens). So by the time you made it to the academies or even better your station, you could be making better coin than what you would have been if things happened right away.
                                - Bluecrew
                                "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6877 users online. 389 members and 6488 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X