Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
    Coming from another forum. Apparently they are trying to get current agent transfers in place. Then will plug in the holes with new hires (also was told that by a SAC at OS)... These are the numbers for some hope lol

"SAC-wide email sent out today said the SFLR will be released in the next 1-2 weeks. Also, 48 new hires in July, 148 in August, and 214 in Sept"
    That's my post from the other forum. I can add they specifically said there are not enough FLETC classes and some new hires will be waiting for FY 2017 (starting in Oct) for a class.

If you guys have any questions about the job, academy, etc, I'll do my best to respond. One major thing to understand is while you may be told you have to spend 3 years on the border and then will be able to go home, expect a minimum of 5 years and beyond that, it depends where home is. Certain locations, like Denver and Dallas for example, have a backlog of people trying to get there with more than 5 years in. Smaller offices and larger cities without major international airports can be worse.
    Last edited by TX 1811; 06-28-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX 1811 View Post
      That's my post from the other forum. I can add they specifically said there are not enough FLETC classes and some new hires will be waiting for FY 2017 (starting in Oct) for a class.

If you guys have any questions about the job, academy, etc, I'll do my best to respond. One major thing to understand is while you may be told you have to spend 3 years on the border and then will be able to go home, expect a minimum of 5 years and beyond that, it depends where home is. Certain locations, like Denver and Dallas for example, have a backlog of people trying to get there with more than 5 years in. Smaller offices and larger cities without major international airports can be worse.
      Do you think we will get an EOD date though? Start at your FO until you get your class date?

Comment

Do you think we will get an EOD date though? Start at your FO until you get your class date?
        Cannot answer that based on the info provided to us, but if it's like everything else involving the budget, I imagine they'll have agents EOD at their duty station or an office close to home. If so, consider it an advantage to see the real world before you get to FLETC world.

Comment

• Are transfers within SAC's just as hard?

Comment

• Originally posted by btrips45 View Post
            Are transfers within SAC's just as hard?
            Each SAC has their own local policy/rule of thumb but it's a lot easier from what I've seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by btrips45 View Post
              Are transfers within SAC's just as hard?
              Easier. Getting to San Antonio or Austin is nearly impossible without transferring within the SAC. But it can also be harder than the SFLR if local management doesn't like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP_to_1811 View Post
                Bugs went away in May, but were bad during spring.
                Those bugs were far more difficult to deal with than anything else FLETC could throw at us. Give me purple chicken, limited cell reception, crack house lodging and the limited weekend entertainment options not to mention a 7-11 for 200 miles and I'll grin and thank you profusely as long as you let me traverse the installation in a eco-bubble. We probably all got Zika virus and didn't know it because it's been FLETC crud for almost 50 years.

Comment

Hypothetically, if one worked the SWB for 3-5 years or whatever, how hard is it to get back to SAC DC? Is it a little easier since it's super expensive out here? I don't know how many agents are assigned to here

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
                    Hypothetically, if one worked the SWB for 3-5 years or whatever, how hard is it to get back to SAC DC? Is it a little easier since it's super expensive out here? I don't know how many agents are assigned to here
                    As it currently stands, you would probably be able to get there after 5+ years after your FLETC graduation (time at the academy does not count). DC isn't really a place many people are trying to get to without a paid move or per diem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
                      There are many TDY opportunities to DC that you'd probably be able to get also.

Comment

Easier. Getting to San Antonio or Austin is nearly impossible without transferring within the SAC. But it can also be harder than the SFLR if local management doesn't like you.
                        What about Houston? Where are their sub offices?

Comment

What about Houston? Where are their sub offices?
                          Houston has a 29% COLA, no state income tax, and it's pretty affordable. Good luck getting there. Great place for old timers looking for a higher high 3 before they retire. Not sure which offices fall under HOU off the top of my head, but Corpus was on a hard to fill list a few years back.

Comment

Houston has a 29% COLA, no state income tax, and it's pretty affordable. Good luck getting there. Great place for old timers looking for a higher high 3 before they retire. Not sure which offices fall under HOU off the top of my head, but Corpus was on a hard to fill list a few years back.
                            LOL yeah I figured that.. But surprisingly enough a lot of people don't know that Houston has such a high COLA.

Comment

LOL yeah I figured that.. But surprisingly enough a lot of people don't know that Houston has such a high COLA.
                              Houston AOR includes SAC Houston, RAC Beaumont, RAC Galveston, and ASAC Corpus. I believe Beaumont and Galveston fall under Houston COLA, but Corpus is RUS.

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10344 users online. 331 members and 10013 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X