Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by On Patrol View Post
    Thanks man! That's good to hear. Yeah, pretty much everyone wore a suit at Las Vegas. I wore a suit with no tie. You will unbutton and take off your shirt several times.
    I disagree that most were wearing suits. I think half were at best. I felt completely comfortable in a dress shirt and slacks and it was easy to deal with all the poking and prodding during the medical.

You can't go wrong if you show up in a suit or a button up with slacks/khakis. I would just suggest wearing more than a polo. A couple guys did that and looked underdressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by chilipepprflea View Post
      I disagree that most were wearing suits. I think half were at best. I felt completely comfortable in a dress shirt and slacks and it was easy to deal with all the poking and prodding during the medical.

You can't go wrong if you show up in a suit or a button up with slacks/khakis. I would just suggest wearing more than a polo. A couple guys did that and looked underdressed.
      True

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Does anyone have a POC in Vegas at the OS? Weather seriously screwed me big time yesterday and was stuck for 7 hours in DC and 3 hours on the damn plane. Was suppose to leave there at 4:50 and didn't leave til 11:40 and I'm still in Nashville and won't get in til 0720. Feeling like something is trying to keep me from getting to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Lawlor; 06-17-2016, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
          Does anyone have a POC in Vegas at the OS? Weather seriously screwed me big time yesterday and was stuck for 7 hours in DC and 3 hours on the damn plane. Was suppose to leave there at 4:50 and didn't leave til 11:40 and I'm still in Nashville and won't get in til 0720. Feeling like something is trying to keep me from getting to this.

Hey man, email Holly, the one listed in all the emails we've received before. She should be at all the events. I'll bet that the process is fluid enough that you can squeeze in if you get there late. Just don't not communicate at all-they're axing people who don't call when they no-show.

Comment

I emailed and called twice last night and called again just now and spoke with someone who is going to pass my info over to the coordinator.

Damn! What a trip!!!

Last edited by Lawlor; 06-17-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
              I emailed and called twice last night and called again just now and spoke with someone who is going to pass my info over to the coordinator.

Cool, another option is to call the hotel it's at and ask to speak to the coordinator. If you haven't already.

Comment

• Luckily I'm actually staying at the same hotel so that saves me a ton of time as well.

Comment

• Received my medical appointment today. FYI for those just waiting on that.

I've got everything else done including my background. Although some of you guys are anxiously awaiting the call, I'm hoping to get the call on or after September 20. Current DO's you know what I'm talking about.

Comment

• Completed one stop at Las Vegas yesterday. Really efficient process. I spoke to one of the ASAC's there and he said there were about 120 candidates for the Las Vegas location alone. All the other candidates I spoke to at the event were mostly current LEOs and all were very squared away.

Comment

• Got the EQIP email today. Also got a call that I have to go in for additional (already completed at OS) medical tomorrow, my appointment confirmation email says drug screening. Thought that's what the UA was for at the OS. Anyone else have to do this? Wonder if they lost my specimen.
                      Last edited by AGENT-X; 06-20-2016, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Today I got the same call about having some additional medical work done. I had my OS in San Antonio. The person on the phone wasn't very forthcoming with what the appointment was about and just told me to bring a valid ID.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdoj View Post
                          Today I got the same call about having some additional medical work done. I had my OS in San Antonio. The person on the phone wasn't very forthcoming with what the appointment was about and just told me to bring a valid ID.
                          Exact samesies

Sent from my Febreze Air Freshener using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
                            Got the EQIP email today. Also got a call that I have to go in for additional (already completed at OS) medical tomorrow, my appointment confirmation email says drug screening. Thought that's what the UA was for at the OS. Anyone else have to do this? Wonder if they lost my specimen.
                            I went to OS in Las Vegas and was told they would use reciprocity for my TS/SCI, which was recently adjudicated. They also told me I didn't need to do fingerprints. This morning I got an email from OHC directing me to complete eqip and to submit fingerprints...LOL. I guess my OS checklist/packet indicating security clearance reciprocity has not made it to OHC.
                            I'm hoping I can join the current ICE CITP class at FLETC when they start ICESAT.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                                I went to OS in Las Vegas and was told they would use reciprocity for my TS/SCI, which was recently adjudicated. They also told me I didn't need to do fingerprints. This morning I got an email from OHC directing me to complete eqip and to submit fingerprints...LOL. I guess my OS checklist/packet indicating security clearance reciprocity has not made it to OHC.
                                I'm hoping I can join the current ICE CITP class at FLETC when they start ICESAT.
                                I would say this is normal from my personal experience.

When I got on with HSI a little while ago...they used reciprocity for my TS from the military which was then about 3 years old, but I still had to fill out e-qip and do the fingerprint cards. I was cleared and EOD'd but without any clearance. It took them a little while, but ICE-PSU reviewed my previous SSBI with some additional checks before granting the reciprocity. This meant during the time in between my EOD and the reciprocity being granted I wasn't cleared to use a lot of our systems and databases (this was as a Pathways Intern from the 2014 announcement). By the time I went to the academy it was all good.

Now I don't know what they intend to do with each individual but this is just my two cents. I think reciprocity will be granted for the most part just that whoever at the OS mispoke about how exactly the mechanics of it would happen.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11463 users online. 396 members and 11067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X