Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big city offices tend to have more variety of work, more designated groups, and more ****ed up management. SWB tends to be like drinking out of a firehose. Northern border offices have turf wars with other agencies. The other thing to look at is the circuit (besides the southern border, the 9th Circus tends to live up to it's name), and the AUSA's office. Personally, I like small offices that don't have specialized groups. Some folks like big offices that have a niche that you can settle in to.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a higher cost of living office in a traffic-infested city. Already used to it. Definitely not used to the SW border, so that'd be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
        I wouldn't mind a higher cost of living office in a traffic-infested city. Already used to it. Definitely not used to the SW border, so that'd be interesting.
        Same here. Coming from San Francisco, the metro life would suit me well

Comment

Well I applied for this vacancy. I am kind of confused about what this vacancy announcement was looking for. I work in Financial Crimes(Anti-Money Laundering) in the private sector and would like to work for the ICE-HSI. Yes, ideally I would prefer FBI and work in TFOS. But I am not singling myself out for one agency. So I guess what I am asking is... since this is primarly a SWB announcement would this job entail tracking the illicit funds of cartels? If so I would love to be on the Federal side and see guys like Genaro García Luna locked up (hope I didn't say too much or violated any infosec). Anyways, best of luck to everyone who applied!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
            Well I applied for this vacancy. I am kind of confused about what this vacancy announcement was looking for. I work in Financial Crimes(Anti-Money Laundering) in the private sector and would like to work for the ICE-HSI. Yes, ideally I would prefer FBI and work in TFOS. But I am not singling myself out for one agency. So I guess what I am asking is... since this is primarly a SWB announcement would this job entail tracking the illicit funds of cartels? If so I would love to be on the Federal side and see guys like Genaro García Luna locked up (hope I didn't say too much or violated any infosec). Anyways, best of luck to everyone who applied!
            Depends u can track the moola, but on the border your doing more smuggling cases, stash houses, routes, etc etc etc. Your always gonna be busy with something.. if you want to work with financial crimes, I'd say put in for IRS or TIGTA. they have openings every so often for 1811's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I applied to this announcement, admittedly without first researching the agency very much. But now that I've had a chance to read about what it does, I am pretty excited about it. It seems like HSI has a very wide range of authority, in terms of the types of crimes it can investigate. It also seems like the kind of role that would not have us tied to desks all day.

I am curious about what type of skills are most highly valued. I do not have a law enforcement or military background, but I am strong with numbers and I have an MBA in Finance. Does anybody know if HSI looks for Excel junkies like me?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Man Hopeful View Post
                I applied to this announcement, admittedly without first researching the agency very much. But now that I've had a chance to read about what it does, I am pretty excited about it. It seems like HSI has a very wide range of authority, in terms of the types of crimes it can investigate. It also seems like the kind of role that would not have us tied to desks all day.

I am curious about what type of skills are most highly valued. I do not have a law enforcement or military background, but I am strong with numbers and I have an MBA in Finance. Does anybody know if HSI looks for Excel junkies like me?
                Based on the assessment questionnaire, it appears they are targeting prior LE with this announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                  Based on the assessment questionnaire, it appears they are targeting prior LE with this announcement.
                  Yeah. I got the same feeling from the questionnaire, but I figured I'd submit the app and hope for the best. I'll post if I hear anything. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                    I sure hope so......

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Man Hopeful View Post

well, many years in the military and current Fed w/ LEO experience...... keep in touch and we can see which of the two they are looking for!!

Best of luck... who knows, they may want us both??

Comment

• ICE hires individuals from every walk of life. With or without law enforcement experience. A degree isn't even mandated for the HSI 1811 gig. I was offered HSI three separate times with only a high school diploma. I do have 13 years of big city PD investigative experience, so maybe that helped. The bottom line is don't get bogged down in who is the more desired applicant. If you can get your foot in the door of the application process and make it through the application hurdles, you will get an offer. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Missed this one. How long was it up for?

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is in deed an entry level examination or just goes straight to interviews???

Comment

• Yep.

Those applicants who score amongst the highest will be scheduled for an entry-level examination. If you pass the entry-level examination, you will be scheduled for an oral board interview.

Comment

• Thanks man.. I read that in the post but I thought I seen something else that contradicted it. I think I'm just tired today.
                                Originally posted by Fuganopolis View Post
                                Yep.

Those applicants who score amongst the highest will be scheduled for an entry-level examination. If you pass the entry-level examination, you will be scheduled for an oral board interview.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9422 users online. 443 members and 8979 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X