Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was post earlier in this thread where someone spoke to HR and they said there was not an upcoming announcement . I imagine that HR folks probably have the latest knowledge regarding hiring . But i am sure someone will post info about an announcement as soon as one is in the works

Comment

• Anyone got any intel for academy dates this fiscal year?

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
        OS done. I now want to tailor my PT to excel at the fitness standards at CITP should I get the call. Does HSI have its own version of a fit test upon arrival?
        How was the interview, without going into details. Were there any curveball questions thrown at you? Was it based more off of your experience or scenarios?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Lawlor; 06-13-2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

• I guess I will go business casual and bring a jacket and tie just in case for my interview later this month. It's a bit odd as I don't want to be the only one not wearing a suit, but I also don't want to be the only one wearing a suit lol. I'll just sleep more on that one. By the way, I can't seem to find it anywhere, but are we supposed to fast for the medical? I've done this with multiple agencies (not the one-stop but the medical) and I always have to fast before blood is drawn. I see it's only for a TB test which I guess means we don't. Guess I'll be wearing ear buds for all of my flights, too, unless I fly in a full day before the test.

Comment

• One stop within last 3 days. No fasting required for medical.
            Hearing, vision, urinalysis, tb test, ekg, physical, and doctor review. 2 interviews conducted (panel and personal). Panel interview consistent with other agencies panel interviews, no curveballs. Fingerprinting done on site. Also, all SA were wearing suits and majority of applicants were too. No part of the process was inconvenienced because of wearing a suit. I am so happy I decided to go with a suit vice collared shirt/slacks.

Sent from my Febreze Air Freshener using Tapatalk

Comment

• Did my One Stop today. I'm out. Blew the Structured Interview. Good luck to everyone who will be moving on. Looks like I'm back in the group waiting for the next hiring announcement. And, BTW, most of the applicants were wearing suits and ties.
              "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                Did my One Stop today. I'm out. Blew the Structured Interview. Good luck to everyone who will be moving on. Looks like I'm back in the group waiting for the next hiring announcement. And, BTW, most of the applicants were wearing suits and ties.
                Sorry to hear that, though you never know. You made it this far, so maybe you're still in the process. Thanks for the info on the suits.

Comment

• 1811 hiring will be opening up soon.

Comment

• You do not need a suit and you do not need to fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                      Did my One Stop today. I'm out. Blew the Structured Interview. Good luck to everyone who will be moving on. Looks like I'm back in the group waiting for the next hiring announcement. And, BTW, most of the applicants were wearing suits and ties.
                      Sorry to hear that bro. Hopefully you didn't spend too much money getting to SA. Good luck next time.

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One8one14hire View Post
                          Sorry to hear that, though you never know. You made it this far, so maybe you're still in the process. Thanks for the info on the suits.
                          Nope. The Structured Interview was the first thing for me when I got there. They let you know afterwards whether you passed or failed. After they told me that I failed, they told me that the process was over and I had to leave. I didn't even get to the medical exam or drug test.

I was speaking with one of the HR ladies while I was waiting for my results on the interview, and she said that this fiscal year, they were allotted like 525 agents. She said that they had 300 of those positions left to fill. According to her, there are no more academies this fiscal year, so you won't be going to FLETC until after October, but she did say that they may go ahead and hire new SAs and, in the interim, you would spend time around the Field Office doing admin work until you go to the academy. She said that next fiscal year, they will get their standard 240 slots they get for annual attrition, and then they will get additional slots based on Congressional budgeting. The way that she talked, it will likely be just as many as it was this year, so there should be a lot more positions coming down the pike.
                          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• Originally posted by ForzaMilan View Post
                            Sorry to hear that bro. Hopefully you didn't spend too much money getting to SA. Good luck next time.
                            It's not too much damage. San Antonio is about a 7 hour drive from me. Roughly four fill ups and one night in the hotel. I'm out a couple of Benjamins. More upset that I didn't make the cut.

Comment

• Damn. Sorry to hear! Did they give you feedback as to why you didn't pass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                                Damn. Sorry to hear! Did they give you feedback as to why you didn't pass?
                                Nope. My guess is that since you can re-apply and do it again, they don't give you the reasons why you failed since that would give you an advantage the next time. They did tell me that I have to wait a whole year before I can do the oral interview again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7107 users online. 391 members and 6716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X