Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
    For those of you going to the One-Stop event, did your receive a confirmation email after you replied to the e-mail asking for you first and last name in the subject line to confirm attendance?
    I have not received a confirmation to my confirmation.

Comment

For those of you going to the One-Stop event, did your receive a confirmation email after you replied to the e-mail asking for you first and last name in the subject line to confirm attendance?
      If you're referring to the same email with the FAQ and Medical docs attached, then negativo. I replied, but have not received a confirmation email. I figured we are slated for the time and date that is stated on the email, so we should be good to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnson22 View Post
        If you're referring to the same email with the FAQ and Medical docs attached, then negativo. I replied, but have not received a confirmation email. I figured we are slated for the time and date that is stated on the email, so we should be good to go.
        That is the e-mail I am referring too. Ok good to know!

Comment

I never received a confirmation after I replied to the email

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
            According to Google Maps I'm:

-938 miles, 13 hours 42 minute drive from San Antonio, TX
            -989 miles, 15 hours drive from Atlanta, GA
            -1280 miles, 18 hours 17 minute drive from Las Vegas, NV

Guess I won't be doing any One Stop.

It is probably too late but do it if you can!!!!!!!!!

Also, wear a suit to the interview. Dress for the job you want not the one you have.
            Last edited by hpy1; 06-08-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• Disregard ....
              Last edited by hpy1; 06-08-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Lee23; 07-30-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                  It is probably too late but do it if you can!!!!!!!!!

Also, wear a suit to the interview. Dress for the job you want not the one you have.
                  The one stop information says for men to wear business casual. It will be odd for me not wearing a suit to interviews, but following the directions is probably important as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
                    The one stop information says for men to wear business casual. It will be odd for me not wearing a suit to interviews, but following the directions is probably important as well.
                    Just wear a suit, and you can relax it there, if you need to. I am thinking the suit is good for the interview, but when you see the doctor, it might be easier not to be in a suit. In which case, relax tie and jacket, and you should be good to go.

Comment

I had the same thought. I'm gonna skip the jacket and have a tie in hand just in case

Comment

• If you are invited to the One Stop and it specifically says wear a certain attire (i.e. full suit, business casual, naked, etc.) then it would be wise to follow directions and do such--there is a reason behind it and don't be the one to try and "one-up" everyone else and come with a suit when they say something else. They had this problem with the DO One Stop and had to send out reminders because people couldn't follow simple instructions already. It's fine if you do go business casual because there's always ONE who can't follow instructions. I'm pretty sure somewhere on the forum, someone stated that someone came in a suit and was told to go back and change into proper attire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucas View Post
                          If you are invited to the One Stop and it specifically says wear a certain attire (i.e. full suit, business casual, naked, etc.) then it would be wise to follow directions and do such--there is a reason behind it and don't be the one to try and "one-up" everyone else and come with a suit when they say something else. They had this problem with the DO One Stop and had to send out reminders because people couldn't follow simple instructions already. It's fine if you do go business casual because there's always ONE who can't follow instructions. I'm pretty sure somewhere on the forum, someone stated that someone came in a suit and was told to go back and change into proper attire.
                          This what I was thinking. There is a reason they say to wear something specific.

Comment

The point is, you can have the best answers in the world but people see you and make a judgement about you before you even open your mouth. It is the way it works, for some it is conscious for others it subconscious but that is how it works. The guy that interviews you could be your next boss or coworker. What impression do you want to imprint on them? Your first day at FLETC you have to be in a suit and tie. Why would you not do it for the interview? Do what you want though.

As for the comment about the DO one stop and HSI SA one stop. Those are two totally different positions. HUGE, I wouldn't even begin to compare them when it comes to the way the LE community views them. (I am not saying SAs are better just saying the positions are vastly different. ERO is not dismantling criminal organizations And SAs are not doing jail checks.)
                            Last edited by hpy1; 06-09-2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                              The point is, you can have the best answers in the world but people see you and make a judgement about you before you even open your mouth. It is the way it works, for some it is conscious for others it subconscious but that is how it works. The guy that interviews you could be your next boss or coworker. What impression do you want to imprint on them? Your first day at FLETC you have to be in a suit and tie. Why would you not do it for the interview? Do what you want though.

As for the comment about the DO one stop and HSI SA one stop. Those are two totally different positions. HUGE, I wouldn't even begin to compare them when it comes to the way the LE community views them. (I am not saying SAs are better just saying the positions are vastly different. ERO is not dismantling criminal organizations And SAs are not doing jail checks.)
                              I completely understand your point, my only issue is being the guy who didn't follow instructions. I'll have a suit jacket in my room and if need be I'll go get it.

Comment

• Having completed the panel interviews already, I can tell you that all the interviewers in both panels were all wearing suits. However, the one stop is designed to speed people through different stations. Thus it's critical to follow instructions.

Is anyone doing a one stop in Southern California?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10057 users online. 470 members and 9587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X