Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
    I don't think many of these are getting hired for 1811 gigs these days, regardless of fitness level.
    I'd think that the average age would be closer to 30. FBI might be the only agency hiring 23 year olds, and then only with special skills.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      I'd think that the average age would be closer to 30. FBI might be the only agency hiring 23 year olds, and then only with special skills.
      I'm just finishing up CBPO academy and the average age for our academy was around 30. Most of the class was late 20s and early 30s. A few late 30s with me being the oldest in the class at 48. (I got the veteran's age exemption). Based on my assessment of seeing HSI students around FLETC and on the bus, the average age seems to be mid-30s.
      "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• I freaking love seeing people that are older that accomplish this kinda thing. When I went into the army we had a 38 year old in basic. He was one of the top pt in our company. Every one called him senior. When I went into the police academy we had a 40 year old there. I see people regardless of age doing something they have always wanted to do. Its inspiring. Congrats on finishing the academy

Comment

• Originally posted by justonslc View Post
          I freaking love seeing people that are older that accomplish this kinda thing. When I went into the army we had a 38 year old in basic. He was one of the top pt in our company. Every one called him senior. When I went into the police academy we had a 40 year old there. I see people regardless of age doing something they have always wanted to do. Its inspiring. Congrats on finishing the academy
          Thanks! It's been awesome fulfilling this dream. The academy was a wild ride, but I was pretty mentally and physically prepared for it, so I didn't have any difficulty getting through it. HSI/ICE 1811 is my ultimate goal, though, so I'm really looking forward to coming back here for the CITP and HSI academies. Really hope I can get through this hiring process and get the position. Good luck to everyone who got the call. I take my exam next Saturday.
          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• For those just taking the test, have any of you received results yet? This is the first written exam I've taken at a computer center I haven't received the results immediately after completing. Was wondering if anyone has a time estimate to receive them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Originally posted by mpfeddie View Post
              For those just taking the test, have any of you received results yet? This is the first written exam I've taken at a computer center I haven't received the results immediately after completing. Was wondering if anyone has a time estimate to receive them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Won't be for awhile. It took the DEA an entire month to grade all essays for the Diversion Investigator position.

Testing ends on 13 Apr
              Peace out...war in!

Comment

• A diversion Investigator is a not a law enforcement position...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                  A diversion Investigator is a not a law enforcement position...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
                  That wasn't the point. I was saying the tests both have to be graded by humans for the essay.
                  Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Originally posted by tevance67 View Post
                    I'm just finishing up CBPO academy and the average age for our academy was around 30. Most of the class was late 20s and early 30s. A few late 30s with me being the oldest in the class at 48. (I got the veteran's age exemption). Based on my assessment of seeing HSI students around FLETC and on the bus, the average age seems to be mid-30s.
                    Seems about right, I'm 36 and will be 37 if I'm hired by HSI later this year. The average age seems to have increased for many agencies.
                    What is Perseverance?
                    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
                      That wasn't the point. I was saying the tests both have to be graded by humans for the essay.
                      Does anybody think our buddies at ICE HR even debate reviewing the tests until well after April 13? With all the duplicative processes going on with ERO and using scientific formulations, my unquestionably average guess for test scores is on or about August 27th, 2016. It's a Saturday, so that will cut the number of complaint phone calls way down and it's close enough to the end of FY2016 that the won't have to be bothered with continuing the hiring process until Congress, as usual, passes out funding in early January as opposed to the annoying law that says the fiscal year starts on October 1. Then there is the annual threat of the government shutdown.

I'm not sure why I'm concerned. Based on my previous tests with DHS, I'm a lock...to score about an 11. Not sure the continuing logic being used to make people do long, drawn out math problems. They have been making calculators and including them on cellularized telephones for twenty years.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
                        They have been making calculators and including them on cellularized telephones for twenty years.
                        I know the jobs are different, but for the DEA DI test, you were issued a calculator.
                        Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
                          Does anybody think our buddies at ICE HR even debate reviewing the tests until well after April 13? With all the duplicative processes going on with ERO and using scientific formulations, my unquestionably average guess for test scores is on or about August 27th, 2016. It's a Saturday, so that will cut the number of complaint phone calls way down and it's close enough to the end of FY2016 that the won't have to be bothered with continuing the hiring process until Congress, as usual, passes out funding in early January as opposed to the annoying law that says the fiscal year starts on October 1. Then there is the annual threat of the government shutdown.

I'm not sure why I'm concerned. Based on my previous tests with DHS, I'm a lock...to score about an 11. Not sure the continuing logic being used to make people do long, drawn out math problems. They have been making calculators and including them on cellularized telephones for twenty years.
                          For me, it is easier to see if I am right if I do the math by hand. If the problem works out simply/quickly on the calculation end then I know I am going down the right path. Honestly it probably takes 10sec longer to do the math by hand. If they let us use calculators then the math can get harder...

Comment

• I was one of the folks who got the "Thanks, but no thanks" notices back in December, then mysteriously received a test invite a couple weeks ago. Well, I took the test today and feel like it could go either way. Some questions were ridiculously easy and others were a lot more challenging. I wish the results were instantaneous like some other agencies' computer based tests, but I guess we have to wait for an actual live human to grade the written portion.

Here's to knocking back a cold one on a Saturday night and hoping for the best!

Comment

• I figure we probably won't be hearing anything for awhile. A month out after the last test is completed later this month is generous. The fact that it was about 7 months from the time I applied until the time I took the test makes me think that it will be some time before we hear anything. There are already multiple HSI classes moving through FLETC and all of the other DHS agencies. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and had to stay in a hotel for the first time in 4 years of going back and forth there. I'll just be happy to move along to the next step whenever that is.

Comment

• Any word

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                                Peace out...war in!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7295 users online. 372 members and 6923 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X