Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mike15042 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but I've search and can't find an answer. I'm assuming you can't use a calculator on the math portion. Would I be correct?
    Correct

    Sent from my Febreze Air Freshener using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
      Not gonna start a shouting match over the validity of either of those steps in the process but just wondering what the powers that be do all day other than implement questionable ideas. The process is already so slow and jacked up that it takes years to get hired with about eight steps. Now they want to add probably another 8 months at minimum to an already "deliberate" process.

      It must be nice to have so much time, Treasury money and excess staff to create a hiring process that spans multiple presidential terms.

      I've said it before, we should all hand in our badges and weapons and go be HR Specialists. Easiest money in the system and unimpeachable job security.

      Let the angry responses begin.
      AgentDiNozzo,

      I share [I]some of your sentiments so this not an "angry response." But I really do think there needs to be a pt standard. I'm sure you've seen some LEOs with such protruding stomach lines that their duty belt barely fits. Hell they look like a caricature of spongebob-they have no "officer presence." Just my two cents, but again you're absolutely right, the fed hiring process is already very cumbersome.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Seminole777 View Post
        AgentDiNozzo,

        I share [I]some of your sentiments so this not an "angry response." But I really do think there needs to be a pt standard. I'm sure you've seen some LEOs with such protruding stomach lines that their duty belt barely fits. Hell they look like a caricature of spongebob-they have no "officer presence." Just my two cents, but again you're absolutely right, the fed hiring process is already very cumbersome.
        Seminole777,

        I agree with you about certain members of our profession that look like a bag of cats fighting to get out of that 4X shirt. I've always believed that if you look like a professional, competent and tactically prepared LEO, you'll probably also behave like one and that will more often than not make the law objectors think it through before deciding that they can attack faster than 1200 feet per second.

        That said, I also think that there are a lot of agencies missing out on experienced, proven, righteous talent because they can't run the same 6 minute mile and a half that a 23 year old applicant can.

        I'm in total agreement for a PT test to graduate from training but certain agencies with pre hire PT tests only seem to care about that portion of the process. Unbelievably easy tests(if even given), three question interviews after all of ten yes or no application questions seem to not thin out the applicants like the agencies would like.

        Again, let loose with the angry responses. I do practice what I preach and stay in shape. And I put in last week to be an HR Specialist. Maybe then I can fast track everybody else's hiring process!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Seminole777 View Post
          AgentDiNozzo,

          I share [I]some of your sentiments so this not an "angry response." But I really do think there needs to be a pt standard. I'm sure you've seen some LEOs with such protruding stomach lines that their duty belt barely fits. Hell they look like a caricature of spongebob-they have no "officer presence." Just my two cents, but again you're absolutely right, the fed hiring process is already very cumbersome.
          Some applicants may still think being an 1811 is like the movies. In reality, the most exciting or athletic thing you do all day is usually going to lunch...
          Last edited by BP_to_1811; 03-27-2016, 01:30 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
            Seminole777,

            I agree with you about certain members of our profession that look like a bag of cats fighting to get out of that 4X shirt. I've always believed that if you look like a professional, competent and tactically prepared LEO, you'll probably also behave like one and that will more often than not make the law objectors think it through before deciding that they can attack faster than 1200 feet per second.

            That said, I also think that there are a lot of agencies missing out on experienced, proven, righteous talent because they can't run the same 6 minute mile and a half that a 23 year old applicant can.

            I'm in total agreement for a PT test to graduate from training but certain agencies with pre hire PT tests only seem to care about that portion of the process. Unbelievably easy tests(if even given), three question interviews after all of ten yes or no application questions seem to not thin out the applicants like the agencies would like.

            Again, let loose with the angry responses. I do practice what I preach and stay in shape. And I put in last week to be an HR Specialist. Maybe then I can fast track everybody else's hiring process!
            AgentDiNozzo,

            Believe me when I tell you, we're in agreement. PT or any test during the hiring process isn't the sum total of an applicant. My comment wasn't a slight at you or an angry response. Though we're vying for same job we're still on the same team. I say this with all seriousness- I really hope you do land that HR Specialist gig. Once you do I'll PM you my info so you can expedite my file
            Also please tell those bureaucrats in HR there has a to be a more efficient way to make the hiring process a tad bit more nimble

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Seminole777 View Post
              AgentDiNozzo,

              Believe me when I tell you, we're in agreement. PT or any test during the hiring process isn't the sum total of an applicant. My comment wasn't a slight at you or an angry response. Though we're vying for same job we're still on the same team. I say this with all seriousness- I really hope you do land that HR Specialist gig. Once you do I'll PM you my info so you can expedite my file
              Also please tell those bureaucrats in HR there has a to be a more efficient way to make the hiring process a tad bit more nimble
              There is so much that I'd like to tell the HR goon squads of the federal government. I've relayed a few thoughts to my current and previous HR folks and all it seemed to return was errors come payday. I guess they take it to the retaliation level when you call them out for being lazy and incompetent. Some people have trouble with self awareness I guess. And they all seem to have the same general physical description you mentioned a few posts ago. Coincidence?

              Fitness level along with common sense should get me the big Not Referred-Lesser Qualified Candidates email for any HR gig I apply for.

              Is not being lazy and inept an EEO complaint?

              Comment


              • I took the test Saturday. Math is difficult for me. We shall see...
                Last edited by 00BCK; 03-28-2016, 07:40 AM. Reason: .

                Comment


                • And I just finished my test about an hour ago. Man... I've no clue...
                  USSS SA Timeline

                  06-25-15 Applied
                  09-11-15 Called to Schedule SAEE
                  09-23-15 SAEE
                  10-15-15 Notified Passing Score on SAEE
                  11-05-15 SPI Scheduled
                  11-10-15 SPI
                  12-14-15 COE

                  Comment


                  • Is there anyone in the 2015 process that went through the 2011 process and were on the list before it got scrapped?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by future View Post
                      Is there anyone in the 2015 process that went through the 2011 process and were on the list before it got scrapped?
                      I am.

                      Comment


                      • Check your PM's

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by future View Post
                          Is there anyone in the 2015 process that went through the 2011 process and were on the list before it got scrapped?
                          I as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by future View Post
                            Is there anyone in the 2015 process that went through the 2011 process and were on the list before it got scrapped?
                            Yes, I'm in that boat as well. Still waiting on medical to get scheduled.

                            Comment


                            • For those who have started the process in 2011, has any of the testing that you did for that announcement carried over into this one, or did you have to start the process from scratch?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AgentDiNozzo View Post
                                a 23 year old applicant
                                I don't think many of these are getting hired for 1811 gigs these days, regardless of fitness level.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12673 users online. 494 members and 12179 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X