Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
    My best guess is that most people don't write well. Today's society, with all of the gadgets we possess, has gotten away from learning how to write well-composed sentences. Today, most people do their writing in text messages, which tend to be short bursts to convey information quickly.
    What?
    We don't use emoticons [emoji22] or acronyms like LMFAO in essays anymore?
    I remember my first essay for a local PD after getting out of the NAV. I was 2 paragraphs in when I realized I was writing in blocked letters (all caps) lol.
    O well, I'm here with the Feds now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
      Any reason for such a high fail rate?
      They said that the essay is graded by English teachers and I also agree with the post ^ that most do not write well these days due to modern technology.
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleanguy15 View Post
        What?
        We don't use emoticons [emoji22] or acronyms like LMFAO in essays anymore?
        I remember my first essay for a local PD after getting out of the NAV. I was 2 paragraphs in when I realized I was writing in blocked letters (all caps) lol.
        O well, I'm here with the Feds now.

If it's hand written I may fail, I still write in block lettering. I was in engineering before law enforcement and haven't broken the habit yet. However, I rarely hand write anything, most everything I do is typed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
          If it's hand written I may fail, I still write in block lettering. I was in engineering before law enforcement and haven't broken the habit yet. However, I rarely hand write anything, most everything I do is typed.
          It's typed
          BPA -
          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• After reviewing the math portion of the study guide, I have concluded there is zero chance I will pass. I hate math....

I have never been part way through a case and looked up and said "It's been 2.3 hours and I have completed 4/9 of this investigation...yadda yadda yadda"

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
              After reviewing the math portion of the study guide, I have concluded there is zero chance I will pass. I hate math....

I have never been part way through a case and looked up and said "It's been 2.3 hours and I have completed 4/9 of this investigation...yadda yadda yadda"
              Ha.

Comment

• I hope they are still sending out emails! Has anyone received an email after the 11th?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• For those that received an email, what was the name of the sender? I hope I didn't miss it if it went into my junk folder.

Comment

• Originally posted by WOLF_Pack View Post
                    For those that received an email, what was the name of the sender? I hope I didn't miss it if it went into my junk folder.

I would call them, I have same NOR score ..vet, not fed received my invite on 11th. Email was titled- CBP SUPPORT

Comment

• Originally posted by 0311Fed View Post
                      Texas and Arizona were the top two locations I selected when I applied. When I first got the call for the final offer they offered me calexico. I asked if I could get an Arizona spot, so they called back the next day and offered me Yuma.
                      Have you turned your PMs on yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
                        I would call them, I have same NOR score ..vet, not fed received my invite on 11th. Email was titled- CBP SUPPORT
                        Thanks. I'll look up their number and call.

Comment

• I received my email on the 11th also. Scheduled my test for Sat., Apr. 9th. Good luck to everyone testing this round.
                          "I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

Comment

• I haven't received an email either.

Comment

• Did anyone call HR about not receiving emails? They are pretty helpful. Good luck anyways

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                              Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Tested today. Felt good about everything but the math. Which is odd because I was an engineer before a cop so I used to be good with math. I actually ran out of time before I finished the last two questions. Are all sections weighted equally? Can I fail the math and pass the rest? Hopefully I did well enough on the rest to make up for it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7693 users online. 168 members and 7525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X