Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know if there are plans for another hiring announcement?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriminalJusticeStudent View Post
      Anyone know if there are plans for another hiring announcement?
      Yes, in about 5-6 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
        Did anyone else notice when scheduling that it said Logical Reasoning part A and B. It didn't mention anything about arithmetic reasoning. Did ICE take this section out? I noticed it added the writing sample.
        https://www.ice.gov/doclib/careers/pdf/satestprep.pdf
        BPA -
        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I Scored a 99, vet, non fed, no test email.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
            I was surprised to receive an invite to test as the score I received was under 95. Did anyone else experience something similar?
            Originally posted by WOLF_Pack View Post
            I Scored a 99, vet, non fed, no test email.

I've determined there is no rhyme or reason on their selection. The names are drawn out of a hat.
            "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• I know whats on the study but im telling it says nothing about aritmetic reasoning when scheduling the test. I hope it takes out the math, its not like you'll use it anyway. Alot of agencies are going away from it.

Comment

• e: no longer needed
                Last edited by mannimal; 06-26-2016, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
                  I was surprised to receive an invite to test as the score I received was under 95. Did anyone else experience something similar?
                  Are you a vet? If so, perhaps your vet points weren't taken into consideration when you received you score.

Comment

• Originally posted by WOLF_Pack View Post
                    Are you a vet? If so, perhaps your vet points weren't taken into consideration when you received you score.

I am. However, based on a fairly lengthy discussion when the NOR's came out as well as the specific language in the email, I was under the impression that the score listed on included the adjudicated veterans' preference points. It also stated:

"Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and who earned an adjudicated (to include veterans preference points) assessment questionnaire rating of 95 or higher, were placed in the Best Qualified category."

Regardless, I am happy for the opportunity to be able to test. I just thought that some others on here who didn't make the cut score would appreciate knowing that there is still a chance they might get the email.

Comment

• NOR 99
                      Non-Vet
                      Non-Fed
                      received a test date.

Comment

• Originally posted by 00BCK View Post
                        NOR 99
                        Non-Vet
                        Non-Fed
                        received a test date.
                        I received a test date as well. I will just go through the process and if I am lucky enough to make it all the way through, I will see what locations they offer. My preference was Phoenix AOR, and I would highly prefer an office within commuting distance (mega-commutes are acceptable) to Tucson.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• I talked to HR a couple a weeks ago at the deportation officer one stop in Dallas and they gave me a statistic. 50 percent fail the essay! Keep that in mind, I have 2 co workers who took the test in October and both failed the essay.
                          BPA -
                          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                            I know whats on the study but im telling it says nothing about aritmetic reasoning when scheduling the test. I hope it takes out the math, its not like you'll use it anyway. Alot of agencies are going away from it.
                            Was wondering the same but it's best to just prepare for it and it won't matter.

Received test invite and am locked in with a date.

Good luck to all.
                            "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                              I talked to HR a couple a weeks ago at the deportation officer one stop in Dallas and they gave me a statistic. 50 percent fail the essay! Keep that in mind, I have 2 co workers who took the test in October and both failed the essay.
                              Any reason for such a high fail rate?

Comment

• Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
                                Any reason for such a high fail rate?
                                My best guess is that most people don't write well. Today's society, with all of the gadgets we possess, has gotten away from learning how to write well-composed sentences. Today, most people do their writing in text messages, which tend to be short bursts to convey information quickly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4125 users online. 196 members and 3929 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X