Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I sent my TSL packet in last week and received an email on Thursday asking for my current resume, dd214, VA letter, SF50 and college transcripts.
    BPA -
    Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
    TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
      Where did you hear that? It could be true--the auto reply that comes from Dallas says that test invites will come out after 2-29-16. But "after" could mean mid March, like you stated, or it could mean Christmas lol
      From Dallas. They said it got pushed back a few weeks. I think around March 11th.

      Comment


      • completed e-QIP and uploaded / e-signed all the required documents. In the past, printed copies of the archival SF-86 and releases have been required through the mail - this is no longer the case, correct? It is all submitted online now? Probably just being paranoid....

        Comment


        • e: no longer needed
          Last edited by mannimal; 06-26-2016, 12:42 AM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 1159fed View Post
            completed e-QIP and uploaded / e-signed all the required documents. In the past, printed copies of the archival SF-86 and releases have been required through the mail - this is no longer the case, correct? It is all submitted online now? Probably just being paranoid....
            I just had to update my e-QIP a few days ago and I got a pop-up message telling me I didn't need to print out a copy for my records as the archived copies are electronically stored and saved, and all signatures are now electronic.

            Comment


            • I would save all docs completed at the end of the eqip as .pdf locally for reference later or as proof they were filed out incase of a glitch. Some agencies will make you do a paper one like DEA or USSS, so its good to have all the info at hand to copy instead of researching it all again. Plus, you don't want the content of one form differing from another.
              Last edited by globalt; 03-05-2016, 08:03 AM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lakerfan91 View Post
                Where did you hear that? It could be true--the auto reply that comes from Dallas says that test invites will come out after 2-29-16. But "after" could mean mid March, like you stated, or it could mean Christmas lol
                I was told emails regarding testing dates will be sent out March 11th. FWIW

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AGENT-X View Post
                  I was told emails regarding testing dates will be sent out March 11th. FWIW
                  Good info. Thanks for the update. FWIW sadly says it perfectly. From vacancy posting to speculative test invite is six and a half months. With the exception of the two contributors who have been expedited most of us are in the range of probably eight months from application to test and then another three or four months to find out if we passed. Approximately a year before the actual time consuming process of hiring people starts.

                  Not sure what excuse that ICE is lying with but forget being criminal investigators, we should all flood the process for HR specialist. Journeyman GS13, no time consuming and confusing process to get hired and obviously what appears to be the least stressful and least demanding six figure job in government history.

                  You'd really need the GS13 check to pay for all that Red Bull needed to occupy eight hours of clearly doing nothing all day, every day.

                  Comment


                  • Dallas has a lot of ERO stuff going on right now, as well as filling up two HSI CITP classes, April and June. People are being processed.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mannimal View Post
                      Dallas has a lot of ERO stuff going on right now, as well as filling up two HSI CITP classes, April and June. People are being processed.
                      As a DHS employee you are entitled to your defense of your agency but from the standpoint of the rest of earth, HR at ICE is about as useful trying to put out a grease fire with a water pistol.

                      I'm not trying to divert this thread and get into a cyber argument with you. Also not trying to make you mad. Feel free to PM me and I'll tell you all about this process, the 2009 and 2011 process and the fiasco process at ERO if you'd like. Maybe you know the magic number or office I need to contact.

                      Comment


                      • I am quite familiar with the difficulty of dealing with HR. Just putting it out there that they are actually processing a lot of HSI people right now. Their sole function isn't new hires also, they process promotions in addition to many other routine and recurring duties.

                        Comment


                        • ICE HR is by far the most ignorant and useless .gov office I have ever dealt with in nearly 17 years of being involved with the .gov.

                          Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

                            As fed (heh) up as people get, they'll always apply, play the game throughout the process, and take the job if they're lucky enough to receive an offer. It's an employers market, and with 1811 jobs, it always will be.
                            Last edited by aspiring_fed; 03-09-2016, 01:19 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mannimal View Post
                              I am quite familiar with the difficulty of dealing with HR. Just putting it out there that they are actually processing a lot of HSI people right now. Their sole function isn't new hires also, they process promotions in addition to many other routine and recurring duties.
                              I can attest to their being quite busy. I was at TFO training with HSI last week and they have a lot going on, not to mention hiring and promotions. I knew the fed process would be long. I'm currently in the process for HSI (since September I believe) and USSS (Since June or July). I had about given up on them when I got a notification of moving on to the next step.

                              Comment


                              • Can I join in on the DHS HR hate train? FWIW, it's not any better after you get hired.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6605 users online. 346 members and 6259 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X