Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RDJ062283 View Post
    I could be wrong but getting a Tenative Selection and medical after a few weeks from the announcement close date might be a stretch.
    The announcement was in September.

Comment

• The 2 co-workers showed me their emails. they both received an email to take the test before the NORs were sent out. They both didn't apply to the DHS announcement. I had a hard time believing it myself but it's true.
      BPA -
      Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
      TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by mannimal View Post
        The announcement was in September.
        I know. The timeline of one of these applicants on another forum had them passing medical within two months of applying in September. Which to me was very strange because I hadn't even seen my NORs at that point. But I guess it's true. Kinda strange. I would love to find out what made them unique for my own personal curiosity. But, great for them!

Comment

I know. The timeline of one of these applicants on another forum had them passing medical within two months of applying in September. Which to me was very strange because I hadn't even seen my NORs at that point. But I guess it's true. Kinda strange. I would love to find out what made them unique for my own personal curiosity. But, great for them!
          I saw the same thing in Delphi Forums. People already have class dates, all from this announcement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe those individuals are mistaken in which announcement they applied for (maybe even both the DHS only and general).

I could be wrong but getting a Tenative Selection and medical after a few weeks from the announcement close date might be a stretch.

I also tested in 2011 and have only received my NOR's. Although, I don't know what I don't know so I can't say for certain.
            Perhaps it is the location where they applied?

I have been thinking about it and probably Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands were the least popular locations. If they selected them as their preference, they might move along faster in the process.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• To shed some light (though I'm not exactly sure how ICE HR handled things behind the scenes)....I applied on August 31st to the all US citizens announcement. I tested in September before I received my NOR. In December, I received my test results, several hours later received my NOR, then received a tentative offer the next morning. I completed all conditions of the offer, and received my final offer with a location of Yuma, AZ this week (Tuesday) with an academy date in June. I am already a DHS LEO with a TS clearance, which definitely helped move things along since I didn't have to do a background investigation. I'm not sure exactly how ICE decided to prioritize how and who they moved through the process, but I thought I'd share my recent experience to shed some light on this conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0311Fed View Post
                To shed some light (though I'm not exactly sure how ICE HR handled things behind the scenes)....I applied on August 31st to the all US citizens announcement. I tested in September before I received my NOR. In December, I received my test results, several hours later received my NOR, then received a tentative offer the next morning. I completed all conditions of the offer, and received my final offer with a location of Yuma, AZ this week (Tuesday) with an academy date in June. I am already a DHS LEO with a TS clearance, which definitely helped move things along since I didn't have to do a background investigation. I'm not sure exactly how ICE decided to prioritize how and who they moved through the process, but I thought I'd share my recent experience to shed some light on this conversation.
                I wonder if enough internal candidates applied for the public announcement that they didn't need to get to the non-internal candidates.

Comment

• Was Yuma AZ the location they rated you for on your NOR? I was curious to see how close they stuck to that

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                    I wonder if enough internal candidates applied for the public announcement that they didn't need to get to the non-internal candidates.
                    I am internal to DHS/ICE with a TS clearance as well and I have only got my NORs.

Comment

• Texas and Arizona were the top two locations I selected when I applied. When I first got the call for the final offer they offered me calexico. I asked if I could get an Arizona spot, so they called back the next day and offered me Yuma.

Comment

• Anyone see any progress today?

Comment

• Originally posted by globalt View Post
                          Anyone see any progress today?
                          I received a tentative selection letter for this announcement. I passed the written and essay on 2/10
                          BPA -
                          Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                          TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• I still have not had an invite to test. I was told by hr they will start sending invites by the 29th of this month.

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                            Peace out...war in!

Comment

• I received a Tenantive Selection Letter today via email. I passed the test and interview in 2011. I'm assuming I just need to do medical and another background.

Does anyone know if they do another background for current ICE employees with a TS/SCI clearance?

Comment

I received a Tenantive Selection Letter today via email. I passed the test and interview in 2011. I'm assuming I just need to do medical and another background.

Does anyone know if they do another background for current ICE employees with a TS/SCI clearance?
                                Depends on your last clearance adj date. Just a refresher likely.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 156 members and 3733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X