Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
    Update: Spoke with HR. HSI just received funding, which means the date test invites will be pushed out was moved to 29 February. Hiring is tentatively scheduled for summer 2016.

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk

That's a really fast pace HR would be moving. Basically, candidates would tentatively take the test in March and be hired 3-5 months later in summer. I have also heard of candidates not getting their test results for 2 months lol. But on the flipside, I have heard of candidates taking their med and interview a week apart. I guess we will wait and see how it plays out.
    Last edited by Zman007; 01-20-2016, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Zman007;3810864]That's a really fast pace HR would be moving. Basically, candidates would tentatively take the test in March and be hired 3-5 months later in summer. I have also heard of candidates not getting their test results for 2 months lol. But on the flipside, I have heard of candidates taking their med and interview a week apart. I guess we will wait and see how it plays out.[/

I guess move fast before the money is gone!

Adding the lateral announcement will make it this process interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Any idea how quick the lateral announcement will be posted? It will be interesting to see how many new hires are laterals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
          That's a really fast pace HR would be moving. Basically, candidates would tentatively take the test in March and be hired 3-5 months later in summer. I have also heard of candidates not getting their test results for 2 months lol. But on the flipside, I have heard of candidates taking their med and interview a week apart. I guess we will wait and see how it plays out.
          You are forgetting the DHS only announcement that was a few months prior to this one. Candidates (myself included) have been in the pipeline for a few months now with medicals and interviews after testing in october. I have no idea how many applicants have been processed, but I would bet its at least enough to fill one or two classes.
          So they may have some classes as early as spring or summer, but nothing says they will be filled only from this announcement, the DHS only announcement or the previously hired laterals that have been waiting 4 months for ICESAT and were just pushed back another 8 weeks for a start date at glynco...

Comment

• Originally posted by NYresQ View Post
            You are forgetting the DHS only announcement that was a few months prior to this one. Candidates (myself included) have been in the pipeline for a few months now with medicals and interviews after testing in october. I have no idea how many applicants have been processed, but I would bet its at least enough to fill one or two classes.
            So they may have some classes as early as spring or summer, but nothing says they will be filled only from this announcement, the DHS only announcement or the previously hired laterals that have been waiting 4 months for ICESAT and were just pushed back another 8 weeks for a start date at glynco...
            Ouch. Sounds like there will be a lot of waiting going on. I applied to the most recent open announcement, but I have passed the test/interview from the 20011 announcement. I believe the only step I need is the medical (no background or drug test needed because current DHS employee).

What happened to the "We expect to make a selection within 60 days of the closing date of this announcement.", which was September 2nd?

Comment

• Not verified, but I was told the test was changed in 2014 to a new "ICE only" test. It used to just be the TEA exam with a different name, but the new test was made to be more challenging.
              When you took the test in 2011 was it all computer based? And did it have the writing sample test at the same time on the computer? If either answer is no, then its def a newer test than what you took in 2011. If it sounds the same, my info probably has the time line wrong to when it changed.

Again, not verified, just what I was told by a reliable source.

Comment

Not verified, but I was told the test was changed in 2014 to a new "ICE only" test. It used to just be the TEA exam with a different name, but the new test was made to be more challenging.
                When you took the test in 2011 was it all computer based? And did it have the writing sample test at the same time on the computer? If either answer is no, then its def a newer test than what you took in 2011. If it sounds the same, my info probably has the time line wrong to when it changed.

Again, not verified, just what I was told by a reliable source.

The 2011 test was computer based and had the writing sample which we typed on the computer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                  The 2011 test was computer based and had the writing sample which we typed on the computer.
                  +1. My test in 2011 was on a computer and there was a writing sample at the end of the exam. I'm pretty sure the 2011 was the current format. But I appreciate the info, NYresQ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostbite 22 View Post
                    Who has been contacted about taking written test?
                    I got contacted a couple weeks ago. They said I will be contacted in 4-6 weeks for test date.

Comment

• Also, I've heard the written test is pretty difficult......any advise??

Comment

• Any word on another HSI hiring announcement any time soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by jfigs View Post
                          Also, I've heard the written test is pretty difficult......any advise??

The test is no joke, I have taken the TEA exam and I took HSI's exam in october (DHS only list) and the HSI test was harder. Some serious math, lots of english and grammar, and the logic problems. All the questions are in the "read the paragraph and answer some questions about it" format. Plus there is a writing sample portion.

The study guide on the ICE website helps, and go get a book on the TEA exam (same type, same format) if you are serious about the test.

Its no joke, lots of people fail to make the cut. The DHS list had the cutoff at 95...

Comment

The test is no joke, I have taken the TEA exam and I took HSI's exam in october (DHS only list) and the HSI test was harder. Some serious math, lots of english and grammar, and the logic problems. All the questions are in the "read the paragraph and answer some questions about it" format. Plus there is a writing sample portion.

The study guide on the ICE website helps, and go get a book on the TEA exam (same type, same format) if you are serious about the test.

Its no joke, lots of people fail to make the cut. The DHS list had the cutoff at 95...
                            Yeah, I have looked it over a couple times....not so good on the math section of it...how long is the test... a couple hours??

Comment

• That all depends on the person taking it, but figure a few hours at minimum. There is time limits for each section, and you get a few minutes break time between sections, but if you are finished with the section or you dont want a break, you can stop the timer and move onto the next section. But once you stop it or you run out of time, you cant go back, even if you have more time left in another section. So it pays to use that left over time to double check each section before you move on.

Comment

That all depends on the person taking it, but figure a few hours at minimum. There is time limits for each section, and you get a few minutes break time between sections, but if you are finished with the section or you dont want a break, you can stop the timer and move onto the next section. But once you stop it or you run out of time, you cant go back, even if you have more time left in another section. So it pays to use that left over time to double check each section before you move on.
                                Yeah I see what you mean...Appreciate the advice Sir. This is a good back-up plan....waiting to get on our Gang Squad...wish me luck boss.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4827 users online. 223 members and 4604 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X