Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dp215 View Post
    All, anyone know if HQ can insert an application direct into the process if processing in a hard-to-fill location like NYC?
    I highly doubt it. If you didn't apply with USAJobs, you're going to have to wait until the next announcement. I tried to change my GEO-pref and even that was not able to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
      I highly doubt it. If you didn't apply with USAJobs, you're going to have to wait until the next announcement. I tried to change my GEO-pref and even that was not able to be done.
      Got it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMoney View Post
        For anyone interested NCIS just put out another announcement today
        Postal Inspector 1811 is open too until the 17th for vets only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
          Postal Inspector 1811 is open too until the 17th for vets only.
          Where?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
            Where?
            Not on USA Jobs, must go to USPI website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
              Where?
              https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/e...plication.aspx

Comment

• I received my NOR on Sunday night...

I scored a 95 for the GS-9 level. Prior military. Currently local LEO with 12 years patrol/investigations experience. Halfway through a Master's degree. My 5 points for veterans preference is "not adjudicated." I'm not sure if they still gave me the 5 points? San Antonio office. The email didn't mention the second duty station.

Comment

• Scored a 110% on the questionnaire; military vet with 10 points, current leo. Well I guess I'll see what happens. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Got a 99.
                    New York
                    Non-vet
                    18 years fed leo, prior 1811

Already took the SA test (from another list) in October and got a 95.2 on the test, passed the writing example as well.

Now its just a case of waiting...

Best advice to anyone is to never hang your hopes on one opening or even one agency. I applied to four or five openings for HSI in the past couple years, as well as other agencies. Jump through the hoops and sometimes it works out.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYresQ View Post
                      Got a 99.
                      New York
                      Non-vet

Already took the SA test (from another list) in October and got a 95.2 on the test, passed the writing example as well.

Best advice to anyone is to never hang your hopes on one opening or even one agency. I applied to four or five openings for HSI in the past couple years, as well as other agencies. Jump through the hoops and sometimes it works out.
                      Hey dude,

Just curious. Why would someone with 18 years experience applying to something like this?

Wouldn't a GS 13+ position make more sense?

Comment

• I also applied to the laterals, less movement with those then there is with the GS-9's...

Currently in a non-1811 LE position, topped out at a 12. I still have a minimum of 7 years to retire, before I am eligible, but prob will work for at least 12 more before I consider pulling the plug.

And a GS9 step 10 (and they might do pay matching, its been done before) is not too bad of a hit to my salary. I can deal with it for two years, plus the take home car eases the difference as now I am paying every day.

Comment

I also applied to the laterals, less movement with those then there is with the GS-9's...

Currently in a non-1811 LE position, topped out at a 12. I still have a minimum of 7 years to retire, before I am eligible, but prob will work for at least 12 more before I consider pulling the plug.

And a GS9 step 10 (and they might do pay matching, its been done before) is not too bad of a hit to my salary. I can deal with it for two years, plus the take home car eases the difference as now I am paying every day.
                          Thanks for the quick response

Comment

Got a 99.
                            New York
                            Non-vet

Any advice on the test other than study the SA test prep?? i.e. study more math, pay attention to reasoning, writing skills etc.

Comment

• The math is hard, I won't say it wasn't, but its not calculus or differential equations. If you understand algebra and can convert word problems into an equation, you should do all right.

As for the writing, I passed... It doesnt give a seperate grade for that, it just gives you a pass/fail. I wrote it like every case report I have written or read for almost two decades... Third person, what you see, not what you think, whats visible, not what is "probably" happening. Grammer and spelling are important, but with it done on a computer now, there was a spell check. But that won't help with "there, their or they're" mistakes...
                              If its been a while since you were in school, get one of the test prep books for civil service exams that has logic problems, a math review and a reading comprehension section. Thats what will help the most...

And pray to the gods of standard testing to be merciful and kind on your test day, that might help too!! )

Comment

The math is hard, I won't say it wasn't, but its not calculus or differential equations. If you understand algebra and can convert word problems into an equation, you should do all right.

As for the writing, I passed... It doesnt give a seperate grade for that, it just gives you a pass/fail. I wrote it like every case report I have written or read for almost two decades... Third person, what you see, not what you think, whats visible, not what is "probably" happening. Grammer and spelling are important, but with it done on a computer now, there was a spell check. But that won't help with "there, their or they're" mistakes...
                                If its been a while since you were in school, get one of the test prep books for civil service exams that has logic problems, a math review and a reading comprehension section. Thats what will help the most...

And pray to the gods of standard testing to be merciful and kind on your test day, that might help too!! )
                                Well said!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5155 users online. 251 members and 4904 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X