Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 103

    GS13 working for DOD in AT/FP field with 10 years Military LE and 10 years Civilian/Fed LE Experience.....

    BA in History and working on Masters

    I applied for Offices that were not on the SWB.

    We shall see...

    Comment


    • General question: At this point, for those that made the cut (95 for my non-SWB region), does the questionnaire score really matter any longer? That is, based on my reading of the NOR, everyone that made the cut will be given the opportunity to take the SATB. So, if that is the case, it would seem that the questionnaire score is irrelevant, such that the score on the SATB will control at this point until the interview stage.

      Comment


      • I did not make the cut for this one. I had a bad feeling when I kept clicking "No" on the questionnaire, but I still had hope.

        Good luck everybody!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by alien11 View Post
          Ashan646,

          Buy this book on Amazon. Helped me out tremendously. I scored a 95 on the Exam.


          Master The Special Agent Exam: Targeted Test Prep to Jump-Start Your Career 12th Edition

          http://www.amazon.com/Master-Special...ial+agent+exam
          Is there an arithmetic guide in that book?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
            Because it isn't really an "entry level" position, its 1811 HSI, highly competitive. I know guys who are 35 with 13 years experience that applied. There really is no such thing as an entry level 1811, many people work years to get an 1811 spot.
            It's all luck bro, plain and simple. No rhyme or reason. I had experienced guys and guys right out of college in my training class. Experience only matter when competing for a couple positions not with HSI where it is first through the process wins.

            Comment


            • Have any more NOR's come out today? I still haven't gotten one

              Comment


              • Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                It's all luck bro, plain and simple. No rhyme or reason. I had experienced guys and guys right out of college in my training class. Experience only matter when competing for a couple positions not with HSI where it is first through the process wins.
                Really? So how did people with no experience make it past the questions asking about experience? My NOR said you had to have at least a 95, which didn't appear to be possible without experience.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                  Really? So how did people with no experience make it past the questions asking about experience? My NOR said you had to have at least a 95, which didn't appear to be possible without experience.
                  I think the point hpy is trying to make is don't rack your brain over the evaluation/hiring process because when it's all said and done, the guys/gals that get the job come from all walks of life. Here's something that I was thinking about, just because you select "E" when answering the questions, your resume has to show that in fact; you have the background/experience that closely speaks to the questions. I think problem lies in the way guys are writing their resumes. Just my 2 cents.

                  Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MetroEast View Post
                    I think the point hpy is trying to make is don't rack your brain over the evaluation/hiring process because when it's all said and done, the guys/gals that get the job come from all walks of life. Here's something that I was thinking about, just because you select "E" when answering the questions, your resume has to show that in fact; you have the background/experience that closely speaks to the questions. I think problem lies in the way guys are writing their resumes. Just my 2 cents.

                    Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    Could be, but you would think there would come a point they would verify that info.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                      Could be, but you would think there would come a point they would verify that info.
                      The NOR is to get your foot in the door to even test. I'm sure interviews and backgrounds will subsequently can the deceptive candidate regarding viable experience.

                      I work local LE near a major border. I've had contact with many HSI guys. I pick their brain on occasion when I have to go help them out. MetroEast is in fact correct. These guys are from all walks of life. Ranging from masters Degrees with LE experience/no LE experience, military/no military, and some with the sufficient amount of experience even without a college education.

                      This is my first 1811 announcement I've ever applied to, but I've done enough research to learn the hiring process is a game of luck, mixed with reasonable articulation of your resume', and your true experience.

                      Just my .02...
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                        Really? So how did people with no experience make it past the questions asking about experience? My NOR said you had to have at least a 95, which didn't appear to be possible without experience.
                        I can not speak to this current announcement. I can only speak to what this agency has done in the past. At the moment, all any of us have is past practice as a prediction as to what will happen with this announcement.

                        In the past, they used recruiters to verify if a person was eligible and met the minimum standards for the position. Those recruiters weeded people out and decide who would test. This time they used the questionnaire via USAJOBS/Application Manager. In the past they often hired at the GS-5 and GS-7 level with no experience. In the past, they started with the highest score firsts, then worked there way down, often into the 80s.

                        Another perfect example. I know people who TSA said did not meet the minimum qualifications; however, without changing a thing were hired as inspectors and agents....a riddle that I simply can not explain.
                        Last edited by hpy1; 12-15-2015, 11:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • I did not get my score yet. I'm assuming because my first initial of my last name is in the last 13 characters. hopefully soon

                          Comment


                          • For anyone interested NCIS just put out another announcement today

                            Comment


                            • If anyone is concerned they missed the NOR email, you can go onto USAJOBS and click on the application status tab. Under the job announcement click on "more information". It will take you to your Application Manager. If you have a NOR, it will be there.


                              Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • All, anyone know if HQ can insert an application direct into the process if processing in a hard-to-fill location like NYC?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5302 users online. 317 members and 4985 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X