Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my NOR's (8pm on a Sunday). Made the cut-off at a GS-9 level. 7 years LE experience with MS.

Comment

• Got NOR today. Made it for 7 and 9. 10 pt pref vet

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just received my NOR as well. 92 for the GS-07 position. Best of luck to all those moving forward.

Non-LE federal employee, 10 pt veteran, and B.A.

Comment

• Nice. Congrats RDJ062283.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleanguy15 View Post
            Contractor buddy who was prior USSS said he gets more free time in Afghanistan then he did here as an agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Unbelievable. Was it always like this for Secret Service agents? Is it just suffering from poor leadership?

Comment

• Received my NOR a few days ago. Scored 106 at gs9 level. 10 point vet, (obviously) grad degree, and already fed leo. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                Do people just exaggerate or do they actually have all of that experience to get that score?

Isn't this supposed to be an entry level position?

I hate USAJOBS

Lost I think you are going to find for most federal positions these days you will be competing with people that have a lot of experience. I have two Masters degrees, over 10 years LEO experience (much of that investigations), and teach criminology at several universities. I have had a hard time landing a position as a result of not being as qualified as other candidates. Vets are going to get preference also. 10 years ago I don't believe it was as competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyKiller View Post
                  Lost I think you are going to find for most federal positions these days you will be competing with people that have a lot of experience. I have two Masters degrees, over 10 years LEO experience (much of that investigations), and teach criminology at several universities. I have had a hard time landing a position as a result of not being as qualified as other candidates. Vets are going to get preference also. 10 years ago I don't believe it was as competitive
                  I don't mean to sound rude, but why would someone with your experience and knowledge apply for an entry level position?

Here's my frustration. I did my time in the corps, got my degree, landed a local LEO position, and I check this ****ty website everyday applying to anything that will improve my current position. I have over 200 applications in and I had only a handful full of interviews and zero offers.

Am I really that unqualified for "ENTRY LEVEL?"

If I had multiples degrees and years of Leo experience with a military background. It doesn't take and HR expert to tell you that you deserve better.

Comment

• Because it isn't really an "entry level" position, its 1811 HSI, highly competitive. I know guys who are 35 with 13 years experience that applied. There really is no such thing as an entry level 1811, many people work years to get an 1811 spot.
                    Last edited by LadyKiller; 12-13-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Because it isn't really an "entry level" position, its 1811 HSI, highly competitive. I know guys who are 35 with 13 years experience that applied. There really is no such thing as an entry level 1811, many people work a years to get an 1811 spot.
                      Perhaps, I just don't understand why someone with that much experience isn't apply to better positions.

I personally know plenty of 1811s that are younger than myself and can't possibly have the same experience as me.

I guess, I'm just hoping to fall into whatever lucky process they got.

If I ever get the experience like you describe, I would be applying to better positions.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity what do you think is a better position in law enforcement than an 1811?

Comment

Just out of curiosity what do you think is a better position in law enforcement than an 1811?
                          Poor word choice on my part with "better." Because it is very subjective. Perhaps people with loads of experience already earning great wages want to be a GS7. To ME that doesn't make sense, but I could understand why in SOME cases.

In those cases I only fear they had done something wrong in their current department or agency and cannot move up.

With large amounts of experience in a department, I would imagine people are paying well in to their retirement plan, lots of rapport, and making a large salary already. Or in these other cases they are just moving because they can't move up where they are at.

So, for me it is difficult to answer your question because if I got to the point in a department where I was making a great wage, building my rapport in a department, promoting from within; I wouldn't need to apply to an 1811 GS7. Because I would be in what I thought was a better position.

Comment

• Just got my NORs.

Master's degree
                            Former Fed Leo
                            Current 0132

I love USAjobs... Just kidding.

Comment

Perhaps, I just don't understand why someone with that much experience isn't apply to better positions.

I personally know plenty of 1811s that are younger than myself and can't possibly have the same experience as me.

I guess, I'm just hoping to fall into whatever lucky process they got.

If I ever get the experience like you describe, I would be applying to better positions.
                              Lost I feel your frustration. In an other time and economy many of the competing applicants would be in the soft calm and comfort of a large corporate salary. Much of this has gone over seas. Now what once was the path of dedicated LE students has become the target of those who have the ability, intelligence to do much better in a corporate environment but understand that our new reality provides for stability n an area they never would have previously considered.
                              If you are young (under 30) you will still have a chance. Most highly intelligent people move on, as they are driven away by a system that seems both retarded, and insane, yet promotes incompetents due to appearance. Hang in there!

Comment

I don't mean to sound rude, but why would someone with your experience and knowledge apply for an entry level position?

Here's my frustration. I did my time in the corps, got my degree, landed a local LEO position, and I check this ****ty website everyday applying to anything that will improve my current position. I have over 200 applications in and I had only a handful full of interviews and zero offers.

Am I really that unqualified for "ENTRY LEVEL?"

If I had multiples degrees and years of Leo experience with a military background. It doesn't take and HR expert to tell you that you deserve better.
                                Sign of the times. I know a guy through my sister who, by today's standards, walked right into the FBI as an 1811 back in 2002. He just had a bachelor's and six years in the army with no real relevant background. Today he wouldn't have been looked at.

Hell, even the military is competitive right now. You are competing with half the local university graduates for an officer slot because nobody can find jobs.

A few things come to mind, and one might stir the pot a bit but so be it. 1) it is likely there will be some pretty big hiring in about 5 or so years since all of the fed leo's hired after 9/11 will be looking at retirement and 2) Donald Trump is proposing to triple the amount of ICE Agents which I believe includes HSI which would create an insane hiring spree and would unclog a lot of 1811 openings outside of ICE.
                                Last edited by Culper1773; 12-13-2015, 10:51 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10886 users online. 387 members and 10499 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X