Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
    No email here. Given the way the email was written, it appears to be a response to an inquiry.
    I agree.

Comment

• aww men, I missed the opening. ;(

Comment

• I'm sorry guys it was a response to an inquiry...I was on my phone
        Last edited by merritt2013; 10-09-2015, 04:57 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

• I sent an email to HR asking about the two most recent announcements. Here is the response I got:

Testing emails sent are for applicants that applied to the Criminal Investigator announcement posted December 2014, DAV-INV-1097450-MP-TRY, for DHS Employees Only. These applicants scored 94 and above. Your score was 89. (guess I was a little too conservative in my answers - current FED LEO)

Applications for vacancy announcement DAL-INV-1466102 have not been reviewed. Per the announcement within 60 days selections may be made through email notifications.

Keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I put in for San Antonio and El Paso, but as I understand it; these are the main offices and the actual spots will be along the SWB that correlate to these main offices. (Which I am fine with. I am from the SWB; I don't mind being assigned there for a few years since I am used it.)

Comment

• I have a question for anyone in the know.. I chose St. Croix as my first pick of locations. Two forums say that this is a hard to fill location and I cant understand why. Housing ( $1,400 rent) seems normal, but utilities and food are a bit more. Am I missing something about this location guys???

Comment

• Well, from the way it was described to me, it is not the ideal place to live or raise a family. It does have a lot of crime (as do major metro cities) but you are confined to this small area, and everyone seems to know everyone. I assume it wont be easy to mingle with the locals especially in this line of work. As for cost of living, any island would be more expensive in terms of food and utilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zman007 View Post
                Well, from the way it was described to me, it is not the ideal place to live or raise a family. It does have a lot of crime (as do major metro cities) but you are confined to this small area, and everyone seems to know everyone. I assume it wont be easy to mingle with the locals especially in this line of work. As for cost of living, any island would be more expensive in terms of food and utilities.
                Interesting thanks!!

Comment

• Is there a way to determine our scores from the occupational questionnaire, or is it just sticking to the waiting game?? No news is good news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HSVP View Post
                    Is there a way to determine our scores from the occupational questionnaire, or is it just sticking to the waiting game?? No news is good news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Judging from the responses on this forum alone, I'd say no news is simply no news at this point. Doesn't seem like anyone has received notification either way, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspiring_fed View Post
                      Judging from the responses on this forum alone, I'd say no news is simply no news at this point. Doesn't seem like anyone has received notification either way, really.
                      Looks like they really are sticking to the 60 day turnaround, and not a day sooner. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• I met a guy yesterday that was invited to take the written test 2 weeks after this announcement closed. I can't explain it. He is a FLEO.
                        BPA -
                        Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                        TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                          I met a guy yesterday that was invited to take the written test 2 weeks after this announcement closed. I can't explain it. He is a FLEO.

Discouraging news......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ranger175 View Post
                            I met a guy yesterday that was invited to take the written test 2 weeks after this announcement closed. I can't explain it. He is a FLEO.
                            There are a few people who got test dates but they are most likely from the Dec 2014 announcement for DHS employees only. I don't think we would hear anything until probably mid November which is around 60 days from the closing.

Comment

• I asked him if he applied to the DHS announcement and he said "no".
                              BPA -
                              Applied--8/01/10 Exam--8/30/10 NOR-9/01/10 (105) TSL-9/15/10 TSL2-10/14/10 OB--11/30/10 Med/PFT--03/09/11 Drug Test--3/29/11 --E-QIP update-4/12/2011- BI Interview---6/20/11 POLY--11/22/11 PASSED
                              TSU---12-12-2011 5-2-2012 EOD---6-11-2012

Comment

• a buddy of mine jumped ship from USSS ( he is back in FLETC ..again now) said several of the guys put in for both lat and entry level back in Dec. they are just now taking the entry tests this last month and now. So it stands to reason they haven't gotten around to the Sept closing yet? just my 2cents

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3789 users online. 253 members and 3536 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X