Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When comparing attorney positions with 1811's, I'd say it costs a significant amount more to process a SA applicant. Keep in mind the $$ spent processing the 10k + applicants for an announcement, the testing process/facilities, medical, etc. Additionally, don't forget about the costs of citp and the HSI add on. The only thing the two positions have in common concerning the hiring process would be the background investigation completed by OPM.

Comment

• Makes sense

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
        Maybe I'm a bit biased, but something seems wrong there.
        Attorneys don't need the same level of (expensive) training that a new hire S/A gets. Probably costs close to $100k to get from application to field office.

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
          that's all of ICE HSI has around 6500 SA second largest in federal service
          interesting info here the 2016 request by Obama:In the 2016 budget proposal, ICE is requesting about $435 million to fund more than 31,000 adult beds and more than 2,700 individuals housed in family units. The money would help the agency meet its operational needs to detain and remove criminal aliens and recent border entrants, according to a DHS budget summary (pdf).

The agency is also seeking nearly $79 million to hire 201 special agents and 69 associated investigative and operational support personnel within ICE's Homeland Security Investigations, or HSI, unit. The additional hires would support domestic investigative operations. HSI currently has about 6,200 criminal investigators, who conduct probes into a wide range of illegal activities such as child exploitation, cybercrime, export enforcement and transnational gangs, among others.

About $37 million is earmarked for more than 300 new attorney positions within the agency's Office of the Principal Legal Advisor. OPLA conducts exclusion, deportation, bond and removal proceedings for criminal aliens, terrorists and human rights abusers, among others.
          Yeah if that amount is all of ICE, then only about 30-40% is actually for HSI. That is a 'rough' guess. I don't have the facts right now to back it up, and quite frankly I don't feel like researching it right now to prove my I am right (or wrong). I've been told the ERO portion of that is higher than the HSI portion. I spent time researching it a few years ago but I don't feel like researching anything today.
          Last edited by hpy1; 09-29-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...t_in_Brief.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
              The TEA was an entirely different beast. Way back, when I took the TEA, the ASAC called me in for a meet and greet following the test. He said "you did well, in fact two points better than I did when I tested." I'm thinking to myself they clearly mixed up my results with the mathematician sitting next to me. Nonetheless, I took it as somewhat of a compliment, so I puffed my chest out a little and held my chin high while cracking a little smile. "Congratulations, you scored a 74." We both had a good laugh after that..

The hardest part for most of us in this process will be scoring high enough on the NOR's. I'd estimate the cutoff will be 98-ish, just as it's been in the past.
              So are you a current HSI 1811?

Comment

• For those who applied for the HSI position, what areas did yall pick?? I choose San Antonio and El Paso.

Comment

• Originally posted by HSVP View Post
                  For those who applied for the HSI position, what areas did yall pick?? I choose San Antonio and El Paso.
                  El Paso and Phoenix

Comment

• San Diego, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                      So are you a current HSI 1811?
                      No. The TEA was for the Secret Service process back in 2006-ish.

Comment

• San Diego and LA

Comment

• El paso and whatever other office covers the swb in tx

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

the TEA (Treasury Enforcement Agent) was used for U.S. Secret Service, DHS, ICE, IRS, ATF, and U.S. Department of Justice (USDM) and I took the TEA for ATF and USSS... 2010 and then 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                              the TEA (Treasury Enforcement Agent) was used for U.S. Secret Service, DHS, ICE, IRS, ATF, and U.S. Department of Justice (USDM) and I took the TEA for ATF and USSS... 2010 and then 2011
                              I was simply answering the question asked, "are you HSI 1811?", and then elaborating on which agency I took the exam for...

Comment

I took the TES for the USSS in 2010 and the ATF in 2011... the study guide I used was the ARCO and it covered Treasury Enforcement Agent for USSS, DHS, IRS, Customs, USMS and ATF....... here's a cover of one book teabook_.jpg
                                so I again state it will most likely be very similar?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8384 users online. 251 members and 8133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X