Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last post related to the HSI bashing happening on here.

It seems some of you have a negative impression of HSI. So, why did you apply to work for HSI?

Comment

• TSA stopped a passenger once who was flying with loads of cash (more than 10k, requiring a declaration). HSI showed up and investigated. Money laundering was an issue. This was at a large airport in the northeast a few years ago. If the passenger was flying in from abroad, I'm unsure if CBP would be investigating or still call HSI..
      Last edited by thaiboxing87; 09-20-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Well, this is odd.
        I checked USAJobs and my GS7 application no longer says under review. It went back to "Received". My GS9 application is still under review.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
          Well, this is odd.
          I checked USAJobs and my GS7 application no longer says under review. It went back to "Received". My GS9 application is still under review.
          dont pay attention to USAJOBS app status.... it is not always a reliable/accurate tool to measure your app status.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything yet about the test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
              dont pay attention to USAJOBS app status.... it is not always a reliable/accurate tool to measure your app status.
              Yep, just waiting and praying

Comment

• Figured I chime in here. I selected San Diego and St. Croix VI on the application. I heard back from an HR individual a few days ago; I received a phone call and a follow up email. They were inquiring to see if I was still interested in St. Croix and explained that it was a hard to fill area, the cost of living is excessively high, and that I could expect to be there 3-5 years (possibly longer). They were not saying that I was selected for any testing or anything. They just wanted to know if there was continued interest after knowing those details. I responded that I was, but I have not heard anything back. Has anyone else heard anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by scurvdogg View Post
                  Figured I chime in here. I selected San Diego and St. Croix VI on the application. I heard back from an HR individual a few days ago; I received a phone call and a follow up email. They were inquiring to see if I was still interested in St. Croix and explained that it was a hard to fill area, the cost of living is excessively high, and that I could expect to be there 3-5 years (possibly longer). They were not saying that I was selected for any testing or anything. They just wanted to know if there was continued interest after knowing those details. I responded that I was, but I have not heard anything back. Has anyone else heard anything?
                  Seems a bit odd before any testing has started you would get a call to check interest in location? But stranger things have happened I guess...

Comment

• Most current or should I say recent rumor.

Agency wants to hire between 240 and 600 agents next year. To me, 600 seems a bit high but who knows.

Good Luck All-

Comment

• Originally posted by scurvdogg View Post
                      Figured I chime in here. I selected San Diego and St. Croix VI on the application. I heard back from an HR individual a few days ago; I received a phone call and a follow up email. They were inquiring to see if I was still interested in St. Croix and explained that it was a hard to fill area, the cost of living is excessively high, and that I could expect to be there 3-5 years (possibly longer). They were not saying that I was selected for any testing or anything. They just wanted to know if there was continued interest after knowing those details. I responded that I was, but I have not heard anything back. Has anyone else heard anything?
                      If you go to St Croix or St Thomas, expect to be there for a long hull. From what I hear the place is rough if you aren't a local. Don't get me wrong, I know lots of mainlanders go and stay and live happily ever after. The last agent that was permitted to transfer out of there had nearly a decade on station. Not trying to discourage you, I just want you to hear it the way it is so you can make the right choice for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                        Most current or should I say recent rumor.

Agency wants to hire between 240 and 600 agents next year. To me, 600 seems a bit high but who knows.

Good Luck All-
                        with over 19,330 employees and a $5.34 billion budget... probably not too far off - remember this is only a 12 year old agency

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                          with over 19,330 employees and a $5.34 billion budget... probably not too far off - remember this is only a 12 year old agency
                          Is that the ICE budge or is the the HSI portion of the ICE budget? ERO by far gets the largest portion of the ICE budget. Why? It costs a lot of money care for being being held on immigration issues. It also costs lots of money the remove them from our country.

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                            Is that the ICE budge or is the the HSI portion of the ICE budget? ERO by far gets the largest portion of the ICE budget. Why? It costs a lot of money care for being being held on immigration issues. It also costs lots of money the remove them from our country.
                            that's all of ICE HSI has around 6500 SA second largest in federal service
                            interesting info here the 2016 request by Obama:In the 2016 budget proposal, ICE is requesting about $435 million to fund more than 31,000 adult beds and more than 2,700 individuals housed in family units. The money would help the agency meet its operational needs to detain and remove criminal aliens and recent border entrants, according to a DHS budget summary (pdf).

The agency is also seeking nearly $79 million to hire 201 special agents and 69 associated investigative and operational support personnel within ICE's Homeland Security Investigations, or HSI, unit. The additional hires would support domestic investigative operations. HSI currently has about 6,200 criminal investigators, who conduct probes into a wide range of illegal activities such as child exploitation, cybercrime, export enforcement and transnational gangs, among others.

About $37 million is earmarked for more than 300 new attorney positions within the agency's Office of the Principal Legal Advisor. OPLA conducts exclusion, deportation, bond and removal proceedings for criminal aliens, terrorists and human rights abusers, among others.

Comment

• PHCB dropping that knowledge bomb [emoji378]

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
                                that's all of ICE HSI has around 6500 SA second largest in federal service
                                interesting info here the 2016 request by Obama:In the 2016 budget proposal, ICE is requesting about $435 million to fund more than 31,000 adult beds and more than 2,700 individuals housed in family units. The money would help the agency meet its operational needs to detain and remove criminal aliens and recent border entrants, according to a DHS budget summary (pdf).

The agency is also seeking nearly $79 million to hire 201 special agents and 69 associated investigative and operational support personnel within ICE's Homeland Security Investigations, or HSI, unit. The additional hires would support domestic investigative operations. HSI currently has about 6,200 criminal investigators, who conduct probes into a wide range of illegal activities such as child exploitation, cybercrime, export enforcement and transnational gangs, among others.

About $37 million is earmarked for more than 300 new attorney positions within the agency's Office of the Principal Legal Advisor. OPLA conducts exclusion, deportation, bond and removal proceedings for criminal aliens, terrorists and human rights abusers, among others.
                                Maybe I'm a bit biased, but something seems wrong there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6198 users online. 266 members and 5932 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X