Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I selected NY and Phoenix. No word

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• New York and SD here.

Comment

• I selected (1) San Antonio and (2) San Diego. I have heard nothing so far.

I really don't know what to expect with this announcement so my expectations are low. I usually test well and interview well, so I feel like if I make it past this first part I have a good shot at getting hired. But with this first step, I just don't know what kind of background they are looking for. Good luck, Everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Man Hopeful View Post
          I selected (1) San Antonio and (2) San Diego. I have heard nothing so far.

I really don't know what to expect with this announcement so my expectations are low. I usually test well and interview well, so I feel like if I make it past this first part I have a good shot at getting hired. But with this first step, I just don't know what kind of background they are looking for. Good luck, Everyone!
          they used to use the TEA test so I would feel comfortable guessing it's nearly the same as the current SAEE? now the TEA was not an easy test, several ppl taking it with me for USSS got up and walked out w/o finishing To be honest I felt like I may have been brain raped once it was finished, but I did pass

Comment

• Originally posted by PHSeaBee View Post
            they used to use the TEA test so I would feel comfortable guessing it's nearly the same as the current SAEE? now the TEA was not an easy test, several ppl taking it with me for USSS got up and walked out w/o finishing To be honest I felt like I may have been brain raped once it was finished, but I did pass
            The TEA was an entirely different beast. Way back, when I took the TEA, the ASAC called me in for a meet and greet following the test. He said "you did well, in fact two points better than I did when I tested." I'm thinking to myself they clearly mixed up my results with the mathematician sitting next to me. Nonetheless, I took it as somewhat of a compliment, so I puffed my chest out a little and held my chin high while cracking a little smile. "Congratulations, you scored a 74." We both had a good laugh after that..

The hardest part for most of us in this process will be scoring high enough on the NOR's. I'd estimate the cutoff will be 98-ish, just as it's been in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSOSAC View Post
              The TEA was an entirely different beast. Way back, when I took the TEA, the ASAC called me in for a meet and greet following the test. He said "you did well, in fact two points better than I did when I tested." I'm thinking to myself they clearly mixed up my results with the mathematician sitting next to me. Nonetheless, I took it as somewhat of a compliment, so I puffed my chest out a little and held my chin high while cracking a little smile. "Congratulations, you scored a 74." We both had a good laugh after that..

The hardest part for most of us in this process will be scoring high enough on the NOR's. I'd estimate the cutoff will be 98-ish, just as it's been in the past.
              HOLY SMOKES!!! you got a score? All I had was " congratulations you passed, we are sending an email to state such. save it as it is you lifetime proof you don't have to take it again"... hahahhaha then came the SAEE

Looking at the ICE SA study guide, it looks dang near same as the TEA was.. in fact my old ARCO TEA study book was for Treasury, USSS, Customs, IRS and ICE

Comment

• Selected (1) San Diego, and (2) Phoenix. However, this is the first 1811 posting I've ever applied for. Although I am a current local LEO in SoCal, I'm honestly not expecting much, just from the thorough reading I've been doing on here.
                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
                  Selected (1) San Diego, and (2) Phoenix. However, this is the first 1811 posting I've ever applied for. Although I am a current local LEO in SoCal, I'm honestly not expecting much, just from the thorough reading I've been doing on here.
                  Same boat. Local LEO in NorCal. This is my 6th 1811 application. Hurry up and wait, and if it doesnt work out the first time, keep applying until it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                    Same boat. Local LEO in NorCal. This is my 6th 1811 application. Hurry up and wait, and if it doesnt work out the first time, keep applying until it does.
                    Although I have a decent resume', I'm sure it's still going to be a crap shoot just from the common theme of all the chatter from various 1811-hopefull threads.

Like you, I work for a large local PD, except the opposite side of the state. I doubt working closely with HSI for certain ops will add any merit towards advancement. I feel like that's also a common anomaly, as far as competition goes.

Anyways, let the wonderful journey begin.
                    "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
                      Although I have a decent resume', I'm sure it's still going to be a crap shoot just from the common theme of all the chatter from various 1811-hopefull threads.

Like you, I work for a large local PD, except the opposite side of the state. I doubt working closely with HSI for certain ops will add any merit towards advancement. I feel like that's also a common anomaly, as far as competition goes.

Anyways, let the wonderful journey begin.
                      Im sue working with HSI on cases couldn't hurt. It definitely is a crapshoot...a lot of very qualified candidates applying these days.

Comment

OMG. CA Peace Officer? Lateral to a good SO. Run, don't walk away from USAJobs and don't look back. Your pension with the base pay of a good PD or SO will trounce the BS fed pension and TSP any day of the week, plus you'll likely make more annually while you're working. Your opportunities for great assignments (detective, etc) will be better too.

The FED is highly overrated. Trust me.

331945.jpg
                        Last edited by 8USC1229; 09-16-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• I
                          Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post
                          OMG. CA Peace Officer? Lateral to a good SO. Run, don't walk away from USAJobs and don't look back. Your pension with the base pay of a good PD or SO will trounce the BS fed pension and TSP any day of the week, plus you'll likely make more annually while you're working. Your opportunities for great assignments (detective, etc) will be better too.

Thanks for the feedback. Im at a theoretically great department, but my heart has always been with the fed; terrorism, dope, large gun cases, human trafficking etc...something I will never truly see as a local. I'd do the job without a retirement, so the federal shenanigans don't bother me in the least.

With my background I will be doing myself a disservice staying local, plus the idea of moving around and relocating is thrilling.
                          Last edited by ifaynshteyn; 09-16-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8USC1229 View Post

but "FEDERAL AGENT" is so darn sexy sounding.. hahaha

Comment

• Well, checked USA Jobs and my application is under review. *Silently praying to the 1811 genie* for a non-BQE.

Comment

Well, checked USA Jobs and my application is under review. *Silently praying to the 1811 genie* for a non-BQE.
                                Good luck. I saw your USSS news, bummer. If it makes you feel any better, I have no status updates for this gig.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5131 users online. 284 members and 4847 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X