Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to all.
    Med exam today, meet with BI on Monday. I went the traditional route, I changed my mind in regards to one stop when the ATL was cancelled.

Comment

• wrlafferty
      wrlafferty commented
      Editing a comment
      Had to schedule an actual eye exam and of course, Service Connected, so a little more paperwork on my part. Up to the challenge and keeping it simple. Hope all is well with everyone's BI/Med Review. Staying positive.

• Did the drug/pee test yesterday. Hopefully means I'm one step closer to the call/EOD call :S. Man this process is grueling.

Comment

• Anyone fron ICE know if 2015 or 2016 applicants will do the polygraph if implemented? In the 16 announcement there was sort of a grey area when it said "may."

Comment

• I applied to the 2016 announcement, yet I'm being processed under the 2015 announcement also. I took the exam in late 2016, then chose the traditional hiring method. I just completed the medical exam and interview last month, and met with my background investigator today. I currently have a clearance, so maybe i'll move quickly.
        Last edited by Outlaw Josey Wales; 07-19-2017, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          No one who applied only in 2016 is being processed through the 2015 announcement. You took the exam in 2016 for the 2015 announcement, as did many others who didn't make the initial cut of of 95 or 90, whichever it was.

They took my clearance and did for a lot of guys, so hopefully they push it through quick

• Hurry up and wait lol.

Comment

• jjkmck
          jjkmck commented
          Editing a comment
          With the clearance it might go quick. Doesn't mean you'll have a FLETC date. Probably have to agree to start without a class date.

• Hi guys, been following for a while and appreciate all the info you guys post. I have completed the process one stop in Vegas and offered LAX. Anyone else given a location offer and waiting for start date final call? Been waiting like a month now not sure what's going on.

Comment

• What are PT tests in the academy like and can you be removed for failure to pass PT?

Comment

• Question regarding busting down and repromoting. I have read the OPM promoting and two step rule page, but it is more confusing than helping.

If I am a current 12/1 and bust to a 9/10 > is it 11/7 > and the big question, when you get your 12, which would be 12/1, do you get two-stepped to 12/3?

I am basing this on coming from and staying on a RUS locality.

​​​​​
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Nieto2588
              Nieto2588 commented
              Editing a comment
              The HRP doesn't take locality into consideration. But, they will go by your grade and step. Since you're already RUS, the increased grade should include the advanced step to get you to where you were previously. They won't go beyond that, though. So, if you're a 12-1 now, once you attain your 12 again, you'll continue at that step. You won't be a 12-3 since two years will have elapsed.

• Exbpa340
              Exbpa340 commented
              Editing a comment
              9/10 goes to 11/6
              11/6 goes to 12/2

I speak from experience. The 2 step rule is that you look at current grade and step then add 2 steps (if at step 10 add the equivalent of 2 steps) and compare to next grade.
              Example - 11/6 add 2 steps and look at 11/8 base and compare to grade 12. 11/8 makes more than 12/1 but less than 12/2. 11/6 is promoted to 12/2.

• Anyone see any movement on this recently? I've reached out several times to Holly in Dallas but have not received any response. Is everyone put on hold as well?

Comment

• Theoneandonlymm
              Theoneandonlymm commented
              Editing a comment
              Where you at in process? I haven't heard anything since receiving location offer. It's been over a month still nothing.

• dennis_levy
              dennis_levy commented
              Editing a comment
              Completed the NY OS back in April, met with BI in June, crickets ever since...no location offer yet (NY was first choice)

• Theoneandonlymm
              Theoneandonlymm commented
              Editing a comment
              Well I guess we sit tight and hope to hear something soon.

• Offers are definitely going out. I, along with a few other folks, got our second call/final offer for Sept 17 start date a week ago. I got the location call August 11th (NY FO) and the final offer/EOD call on August 25th. Keep the faith everyone.

Comment

• Still waiting on Medical Clearance. Haven't heard anything in a few weeks in regard to B/I. I know they had investigators all over the country (retired military) speaking with past supervisors. Staying patient and positive.

Comment

• Anybody see any movement lately? I've contacted HR a few times over the past couple of months and have received the identical response each time (that all medical clearance paperwork from OS are being reviewed)

Comment

• Received the call earlier this week. Had to decline for a few reasons. As it has already been stated here, no point in asking about offices that are not in the SACs you selected in the application; you can only be hired in the two you selected. For example, if you selected El Paso and NYC, and want LA now, despite them needing people in LA, they can not offer it to you.

So there ya go, one more spot still available. Good luck all.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• dennis_levy
                    dennis_levy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you attend any of the OS? If so, were you held up by this "medical review" as well?

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    IDK simply because I dont know what a normal timeline is. I had coworkers who went to the same OS earlier in the year who were hired nearly 5 months ago, and some other friends at the OS who havent heard a word. They never contacted me for additional medical since OS, or contact me at all for that matter. I did not get a two stage call like many people; the 'are you interested in this location' and a final call later. This week was the first thing I've heard since March/April.

• dennis_levy
                    dennis_levy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting. I know that a lot of people who attended the NY OS at least received a mass email a few weeks back telling us that there was some unknown issue delaying the medical review process and to continue to stand by. I'm guessing if you never received that email maybe your OS wasn't affected by the same issue, but who knows.

All the same thanks for the info!

• Check your email everyone. I just got emailed today saying there are academy classes about to go through and asking for a medical recertification. I haven't heard anything from HSI in more than 18 months and they required a same day response or you're disqualified. I responded but this is bad timing for me as I'm currently 7 months pregnant. Didn't want anyone else to miss out though. Check your email!!!

Comment

• battlewagon
                    battlewagon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If they have a long list of classes for the year planned, you may be able to accept the call and then defer to a later class, if that works out with your plans with your new child.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7960 users online. 393 members and 7567 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X