Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my one stop, piece of info for ya'll. They advised that if you do not receive a job offer by the end of September, then you were not selected from the 2015 announcement. All offers will be made by then.

For you all that passed your one stop, did they notify you via email or something that you passed the structured interview, or is it one of those 'no news is good news' kinda things? I interview well, but i got hemmed up on one of the questions, so I hope I didn't do myself in.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Any current ICE employees know when the battery will begin for the last announcement?

Comment

• Has anyone that has went to a one-stop been contacted by a background investigator? This most recent round of one-stops

Comment

• future
          future commented
          Editing a comment
          Removed-Entered in error
          Last edited by future; 05-04-2017, 08:18 PM.

• Has anyone recently EOD'd to the Rio Grande Valley? I got the call today

Comment

• Originally posted by future View Post
          Has anyone recently EOD'd to the Rio Grande Valley? I got the call today
          What is your timeline, if you don't mind me asking? (i.e. - 2015 vacancy? When was your one-stop conducted and which one?, etc) Thanks.

Comment

• future
            future commented
            Editing a comment
            PM sent...

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
          From my one stop, piece of info for ya'll. They advised that if you do not receive a job offer by the end of September, then you were not selected from the 2015 announcement. All offers will be made by then.

For you all that passed your one stop, did they notify you via email or something that you passed the structured interview, or is it one of those 'no news is good news' kinda things? I interview well, but i got hemmed up on one of the questions, so I hope I didn't do myself in.
          A few Guys on Delphi are saying that at their OS in NYC they had people leave that failed the SI. Though some people here that were at the NYC OS said that wasn't the case so I guess we will just have to wait and see

Comment

• Originally posted by echoshot3 View Post

A few Guys on Delphi are saying that at their OS in NYC they had people leave that failed the SI. Though some people here that were at the NYC OS said that wasn't the case so I guess we will just have to wait and see
            Dont think that can be true, because just like the USMS interview, the people who were on the board write your responses and their notes are sent to the hiring center; in this case, Dallas. I am sure they somewhere mark a recommendation, fail or pass, but their paperwork goes to Dallas hiring center. That is what they told me after the SI.

I guess if you absolutely blew it and all three said recommended fail, that could be true, but I am sure even then someone in Dallas has to concur with the consensus to remove from the process. But I am speculating.

honor first

Comment

• When I was done with my interview I left feeling pretty confident. Yet the more I go over my answers in my head I think I should have articulated some a little better. Now I am much less confident about passing then I was

Comment

• Received email earlier today saying I passed the structured interview for San Antonio one stop April. BI is done, current, and accepted by HSI, so here's to hoping there's a call soon.

honor first

Comment

• Looks like vegas OS results are coming out and it seems a lot of people are failing for some reason
                  Last edited by echoshot3; 05-19-2017, 04:05 AM.

Comment

• Got word today that my BI was accepted and cleared as of 04/25. Awaiting my SI date and Medical date.

Comment

• Anyone other than future get an EOD date from the 2015 announcement and most recent round of One-Stops?
                      I'm doing the traditional process, and wondering what the timeline was from One-Stop to EOD. Was told both my oral and medical would be getting scheduled in a couple weeks.

Comment

• jjkmck
                        jjkmck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was part of the NYC OS and just received a call this week with my location. Waiting on the EOD call to come shortly.

• Interesting that people were posting multiple times a day, with all these hopes and questions, and now that all the OS emails are going out, SA, NY, and LV, no one is posting at all. Makes me think there were a lot of structured interview failures. I know on the Delphi forums it seems like the vast majority of LV OS applicants posting failed, which is odd and unfortunate.

For those still in the process, I was informed a few days ago by an ICE MSS that job offers will be conducted shortly. My only frustration is that my resume I submitted damn two years ago was garbage; not well written, formatted, and lacked a ton of the experiences I have gained in the last two years. I have always been a hard working field agent, but in the last 18 months I have really made a point of expanding my experience and making moves to bolster my career and resume, so my today-resume vs two years ago is night and day. Hoping my booty 2015 resume is enough to get a call.

honor first

Comment

• dennis_levy
                        dennis_levy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You weren't given the opportunity to submit a copy of your resume at the OS? A requirement of the NY OS was that you bring three copies of an updated resume with you.

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I handed them to the interviewers, but I figured that was more for them to reference while the supervisors chatted with you. I emailed Dallas and they said they can not receive updated documents past the closing, which is always the case, so I knew it wasn't going to happen. But if they actually took those documents and they will be used for consideration, then hell yeah.

• dennis_levy
                        dennis_levy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'd hope they actually took our updated resumes into consideration, given the fact like you said that a lot can change in 2+ years. I assumed that's why they asked for them, though I guess I should know better than to assume anything.

To your earlier comment about the lack of movement on the board lately, I agree that it's strange but probably is due to the fact that it seems a lot of guys were dropped after the SI. I was really surprised to see so many posts on the other forums about career guys not making the cut, I thought the SI was more a formality than a way to thin the herd.

Interesting that people were posting multiple times a day, with all these hopes and questions, and now that all the OS emails are going out, SA, NY, and LV, no one is posting at all. Makes me think there were a lot of structured interview failures. I know on the Delphi forums it seems like the vast majority of LV OS applicants posting failed, which is odd and unfortunate.

For those still in the process, I was informed a few days ago by an ICE MSS that job offers will be conducted shortly. My only frustration is that my resume I submitted damn two years ago was garbage; not well written, formatted, and lacked a ton of the experiences I have gained in the last two years. I have always been a hard working field agent, but in the last 18 months I have really made a point of expanding my experience and making moves to bolster my career and resume, so my today-resume vs two years ago is night and day. Hoping my booty 2015 resume is enough to get a call.
                      It's crazy how many people are failing the SI in vegas. I still haven't even got my results from Vegas yet. 10 days for the results was pretty quick in my opinion
                      Last edited by echoshot3; 05-23-2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I agree. But to be honest, I would bet the old adage 'no news is good news' is going to be the case here. Seems like only failure emails went out, so hopefully youre good to go amigo

• jjkmck
                        jjkmck commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think most people are just suffering in silence. Pretty soon the form will be blowing up with questions asking about what we are doing between EOD and FLETC.

Interesting that people were posting multiple times a day, with all these hopes and questions, and now that all the OS emails are going out, SA, NY, and LV, no one is posting at all. Makes me think there were a lot of structured interview failures. I know on the Delphi forums it seems like the vast majority of LV OS applicants posting failed, which is odd and unfortunate.

It is a little nutty what I am hearing about the LV OS, I have two very squared away friends who both received e-mails they did not pass. It took me back a bit to be honest. I am hoping for there sake it is some kind of HR error.

On a side I continue to reach out to Dallas to find out if any follow up is required for medical or BI but have not been successful in reaching anyone. Any recommendations?

Comment

• battlewagon
                        battlewagon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They will initiate the BI process if you do not hold a current clearance that they are going to accept. Others have stated on other forums that the BI investigator reached out to them when they were ready to start the process. As far as the medical, same; they will reach out for further documentation if needed; VA paperwork, medical records, etc

• Alexa0120
                        Alexa0120 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do have an up to date clearance, although it isn't TS im hoping it helps speed up the process. I just wanted to reach to someone to make sure i'm not forgotten about. Thank you for the info !

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12212 users online. 417 members and 11795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X