Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was also told to expect only SF, LA, NYC, or SWB for duty stations, since no one wants to go there.

Comment

• Originally posted by katart23 View Post

Same info, 2-4 weeks. I did the medical before the interview. Was ironic, because part of the interview stated I would have to undergo a medical evaluation and if I agreed to do so. I was thinking, "too late now, already finished."

Yeah someone else I was speaking to made the same comment. I did the interview first which was nice to get it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
        I was also told to expect only SF, LA, NYC, or SWB for duty stations, since no one wants to go there.
        Same here, I mentioned I had chosen El Paso but would be willing to go any where if it wasnt open. They laughed and said El Paso always needs people not to worry.

Did anyone else put down El Paso ??

Comment

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
          I was also told to expect only SF, LA, NYC, or SWB for duty stations, since no one wants to go there.
          Evidently, funding was only secured for these locations.

Another note, rumor is sometime in the future, they are going to hire for interior stations. Grain of salt of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexa0120 View Post

Same here, I mentioned I had chosen El Paso but would be willing to go any where if it wasnt open. They laughed and said El Paso always needs people not to worry.

Did anyone else put down El Paso ??
            El Paso is a ****hole that's why.
            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

El Paso is a ****hole that's why.
              lol great something to look forward to

Comment

• Anyone who isn't able to do the On-e-Stop process get word of their next step, or have it scheduled? Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of my control, I had to switch to Traditional.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifaynshteyn View Post
                  Anyone who isn't able to do the On-e-Stop process get word of their next step, or have it scheduled? Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of my control, I had to switch to Traditional.
                  I just did one stop, but a coworker that did traditional was done with the steps before I was. Did the interview, medical, everything separately obviously. But he is still playing the waiting game, so he may not actually be ahead for selection, etc
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Copy. I'm still waiting for my Oral Panel date for the traditional. That being said, I am part of the group of 2015 hopefuls that got a second chance after they increased the cut-off score on the NOR.

Comment

• Anybody receive a package from DHS today?

Comment

• ifaynshteyn
                        ifaynshteyn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I got something from DHS about a month ago, asking to me to clarify a few things before my background was started.

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                      Anybody receive a package from DHS today?
                      nope. you?

Comment

• Got a call from Background Investigator today. Things are moving.

Comment

• Originally posted by dennis_levy View Post
                          Anybody receive a package from DHS today?
                          I mean if you got one, please share, and we can probably help you out with any questions you may have....unless you want to make us ask what you received...
                          Last edited by battlewagon; 04-28-2017, 03:57 PM.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Reading back in the thread a few pages and had a feww questions in case anyone could clarify.

1) At the One-Stop, yall met with your BI to do your background interview, and still have to go through the investigation/adjudication/suitability yes? Doesn't that take more like 6-7 months total? I chose the traditional route, and already was contacted by my investigator. He said all the background info/interviews have to be submitted by June 28th in my case, to go onto adjudication and suitability. I have yet to schedule my Oral panel, but was told I would be getting contacted to schedule it within the next 3-5 weeks.

2) For those of yall at the One-Stop, the 2-4 weeks wait would result in a job offer/report to field-office? Would you officially be working for HSI as soon as you get the call, have to report to your F/O shortly after and so forth? I would be HAPPY to take the paycut, marinate in the FO until academy date....as long as I can officially be considered a federal employee.

Comment

• katart23
                              katart23 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Background portion was just an update on status. I don't believe there was an investigator there to conduct interviews. As in my case, mine was already completed (used my current investigation) so my process is complete.

• Hey, I applied in the 2016 announcement. I was hoping someone had a contact for HR, I need to update my veteran status on my application before its too late. Email or phone number would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7996 users online. 409 members and 7587 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X