Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSI 1811 (August/September 2015 Announcement)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zerowill View Post
    Well, no firm offer from USMS this week so looks like I'm going to the one stop in NYC on Wednesday. Does ICE have an applicant study guide anywhere someone could link for me? I haven't been able to find any info on the interview yet. Thanks
    Study guide for what? If your doing the one stop, you passed the test already. Interview should be similar to whatever LEO agency you're with now.

Comment

• Regarding the one stop, my packet said that physical testing is one of the stations, but there weren't any instructions to bring athletic gear nor were there any real PT standards I could find anywhere. Does anyone know anything? I don't want to be THAT one guy walking around carrying a gym bag with me the whole day.

Comment

Regarding the one stop, my packet said that physical testing is one of the stations, but there weren't any instructions to bring athletic gear nor were there any real PT standards I could find anywhere. Does anyone know anything? I don't want to be THAT one guy walking around carrying a gym bag with me the whole day.
        Various posts and fellers I know said there was not a PT test. That said, I too will bring a gym bag with workout clothes. Mostly because the email stated there was one, but also as a just in case measure.

Comment

Regarding the one stop, my packet said that physical testing is one of the stations, but there weren't any instructions to bring athletic gear nor were there any real PT standards I could find anywhere. Does anyone know anything? I don't want to be THAT one guy walking around carrying a gym bag with me the whole day.
          I'm pretty sure, "physical testing" consists of like medical type testing, like your mobility and such. I know HSI has been hoping to implement PT tests with standards, but I don't think they have yet.

Their lack of guidance on performance standards should be a clue that their aren't any.

Comment

Last edited by Lee23; 04-19-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• Just received this reply from HSI about an inquiry I had:

"I think all FLETC seats have been filled for FY17.

Some applicants were assigned to work at their local HSI office while awaiting an academy date, that is not the normal process and is at the discretion of the HSI office for any future positions."

Guess I can stop holding my breath for goes to hearing to the academy this year. Guess it'll be good to at least have all steps done.

Comment

• One stop finished. Passed all medical and background is done. Waiting on interview results. Was told they have funds to hire 500 agents this FY. Problem is, academy classes are limited. Was told that it is becoming commonplace to hire trainees without attending academy but you won't get LEAP. Wait times vary from 1-3 months.

Comment

• Yeah they told me the same at the one stop... to expect to get an offer with no academy date.

Comment

• So they didn't have people that failed the structured interview leave right away?

Comment

• They didn't give you results of the interviews.. at least in NYC. We also did medical before the interviews

Comment

• I was at the OS in New York. I was told 2-4 weeks to hear back on the interview and that same call would have a Location and grade if you passed. Any one else get that same info?

Comment

• Interesting, last OS they said whether or not you passed on the spot

Comment

• I was on day one so it was kind of a cluster.. I'd think they're going smoother now

Comment

• I was there the last day and it was smooth. They did say they were not giving any results that day

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexa0120 View Post
                                I was at the OS in New York. I was told 2-4 weeks to hear back on the interview and that same call would have a Location and grade if you passed. Any one else get that same info?
                                Same info, 2-4 weeks. I did the medical before the interview. Was ironic, because part of the interview stated I would have to undergo a medical evaluation and if I agreed to do so. I was thinking, "too late now, already finished."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7151 users online. 364 members and 6787 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X