Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoD / DoN Navy Police tattoo policy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DoD / DoN Navy Police tattoo policy

    Was just tentatively offered employment with the agency and accepted. Current federal employee, and veteran.


    like some young military chaps, I collected some tattoos when I was younger. Have been in prior LE jobs where tattoos were not an issue if visible in uniform.


    Can't find information on this topic anywhere. It was not mentioned in the job announcement, it was not brought up on my interview, not brought up when offered the job.

    if anyone has insight to this or is a current DoD Navy 0083 please private message me.

  • #2
    There is none. I think the USMC 0083 had one.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      There is none. I think the USMC 0083 had one.
      The USMC civilian police tattoo policy was insane (as of 2012). It may have changed but I remember you had to take a picture(s) of every tattoo regardless of location and send it to them with your background packet. Moreover, they held their civilian police officers to the same regulations they held the enlisted to, i.e. No tattoos bigger then the size of your fist anywhere on the body, did not matter if it was covered or not. I'd imagine this policy has changed but I was blown away by it. The standards of a top tier agency with the reputation of Wackenhut.

      Comment


      • #4
        Army DoD regs state nothing derogatory or offensive. Doesn't state anything about it being visible or not.

        I heard about the marine DoD standards, which were out of control.

        Air Force doesn't seem to list either.

        I filled out my paperwork, ect. If it wasn't brought up now I don't see why they would waste their time processing me.

        Comment


        • #5
          Why is it out of control for an agency to not want Officers to look like thugs? Don't like it? Don't apply. Standards are there for a reason. Mutilating yourself because you feel it's right isn't society's problem, it's yours....
          Now go home and get your shine box!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
            Why is it out of control for an agency to not want Officers to look like thugs? Don't like it? Don't apply. Standards are there for a reason. Mutilating yourself because you feel it's right isn't society's problem, it's yours....
            I bet your just a joy to work with. Get with the times grandpa.

            Comment


            • #7
              There's a big difference between an agency having a policy against face/neck/hand tattoo's and what the Marine Corps policy is (or was).

              I would also venture to guess that the percentage of military personnel with tattoos is some where in the vicinity of 80-90%... are you saying that essentially our entire military look like thugs?

              I just can't help but chuckle at the irony in the Marine Corps, of all organizations, taking such an aggressive stance against tattoos.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by N8 View Post
                I bet your just a joy to work with. Get with the times grandpa.
                Sheesh... Another knucklehead who thinks ink makes them The Man. Ok princess, just remember that THIS grandpa has been kicking *** and putting ****heads in jail for 30 plus years, and is still going. Whereas you haven't done a god damn thing with your life except get stuck with a needle. What a pathetic waste.

                I bet you have a Black Water tat...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SteelCustodian View Post
                  There's a big difference between an agency having a policy against face/neck/hand tattoo's and what the Marine Corps policy is (or was).

                  I would also venture to guess that the percentage of military personnel with tattoos is some where in the vicinity of 80-90%... are you saying that essentially our entire military look like thugs?

                  I just can't help but chuckle at the irony in the Marine Corps, of all organizations, taking such an aggressive stance against tattoos.
                  Yep. All those tats make you look like a thug. Get over it. You always will look like **** with all that crap ink.

                  And the best part of it??? I DONT ****ING CARE WHAT YOU THINK...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Didn't want this to get out of control. I've been in city, state and federal agencies that have not had issues with tattoos for the past 10 years. Was just merely asking if a certain agency has a policy.

                    I am a veteran with an education and in my mid 30s. Not a thug criminal with face tattoos.

                    Again, was just asking. Wasn't looking to cause a ruckus.

                    Admin can delete this post if they want.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                      Yep. All those tats make you look like a thug. Get over it. You always will look like **** with all that crap ink.

                      And the best part of it??? I DONT ****ING CARE WHAT YOU THINK...
                      Ok buddy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AntLefty View Post
                        Didn't want this to get out of control. I've been in city, state and federal agencies that have not had issues with tattoos for the past 10 years. Was just merely asking if a certain agency has a policy.

                        I am a veteran with an education and in my mid 30s. Not a thug criminal with face tattoos.

                        Again, was just asking. Wasn't looking to cause a ruckus.

                        Admin can delete this post if they want.
                        To answer your question, I doubt you'll have any issues from the DON with tattoos, unless you look like a hells angel.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                          Why is it out of control for an agency to not want Officers to look like thugs? Don't like it? Don't apply. Standards are there for a reason. Mutilating yourself because you feel it's right isn't society's problem, it's yours....
                          I agree with this 100%.

                          I'll never understand why someone inks themselves up to look like a sh**head parolee or thug, and then wants to become a cop. And then cries and whines about it when they don't get hired due to all their tats.

                          Law enforcement agencies are professional organizations, and law enforcement officers who represent these agencies must look professional, especially in this day and age of people recording cops with their cell phones. It's all about public perception.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I remember back when 99% of every time some body started talking about some interaction they had with a cop, and how the cop was a douchbag for absolutely no reason, and yada yada yada... and all I could think was how there was obvious more to the story...

                            Then you see "cops" on here completely trash talking brothers/sisters in blue and our nations armed forces because they have a tattoo, I can only imagine how you two treat the general public...

                            For the record, since it's obvious by your statements that neither of you have the slightest clue what the policy is/was, it includes tattoos NOT visible in uniform.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                              Sheesh... Another knucklehead who thinks ink makes them The Man. Ok princess, just remember that THIS grandpa has been kicking *** and putting ****heads in jail for 30 plus years, and is still going. Whereas you haven't done a god damn thing with your life except get stuck with a needle. What a pathetic waste.

                              I bet you have a Black Water tat...
                              LoL at the irony of the Internet tough guy decrying people with tattoos as "thugs" all while bragging about how much a** they've kicked over the years and exemplifying thug behavior. You sir represent the old mentality that has gotten us in so much hot water lately. One can only hope you are no longer on the beat, disgracing yourself and your agency.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 10903 users online. 474 members and 10429 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X