Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swatpup
    replied
    I would have to say "nope." Best thing to do is let time pass. Try in about 5-10 years.

Leave a comment:

• sflcop
    replied
    Every agency is different. I am not sure if I would even mention it if I were you, but that is something you will have to decide. Yes, it does look like you have gotten your life together, but the last thing a hring board is going to want to think about is you being suicidial with a badge and a gun.

Leave a comment:

• smdennison
    replied
    employment

sflcop,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that it would go towards mental stability. This happened 5 years ago and since then I have spent 3 years as an Air Force police officer and even spent 6 months in the Middle East after 9/11/01. This should certainly prove that I can handle stress and that I am mentally stable. Would this be accurate? What would the hiring review boards think? Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• sflcop
    replied
    I would say that it probably would pose a problem. Even though it was long ago as you say, it was still an attempt to end your life. Goes to mental stability. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Being on a review board for new hires at my dept. I would say yes this would be a negative.

Leave a comment:

• smdennison
    started a topic Employment

Employment

I have a question concerning employment with law enforcement.

I have a very strong resume. I meet the educational requirements {GED and some College}. I was in the Army for 6 years and the Air Force for 3 years as Air Force Police. I deployed to the Middle East after 9/11 with the Air Force for 6 months.

I have no criminal record. I have a couple of speeding tickets and one minor accident over 3 years ago. No drugs except for a little marijuana in Jr. High.

Here is the question. About 5 years ago, I was having a hard time in life. One night I got myself very intoxicated, and over dosed on sleeping pills in an attempt to end my life. This was the biggest mistake of my life. There is a Police report concerning the incident. Is this one incident going to be a problem when trying to get hired with a Law Enforcement agency? If anybody would like to email me directly, feel free to do so {[email protected]}. Thank you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5313 users online. 298 members and 5015 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X