300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Disability Pension Question

For all you retired NYPD MOS's. I retired two years ago on a disability pension after 8 years of service. LOD knee injury which I had to have a total full reconstruction of my ACL which now has 2 titanium screws in it. I am 33 years old. Believe it or not I seriously miss the job and am thinking of moving out of NY State and pursuing another career in Law Enforcement. Do you think that getting hired by another PD could effect my pension with NYPD? Also would another PD hire me with this injury. My minutes from when I was examined by the doctors stated that they said I could not perform the full duty of a New York City Police Officer. It did not say just police officer. It also stated that my knee could not handle every day stress of being a NYC Police officer. Thank you......Sreetcrime "We own the night"

Remember that piece of paper they gave you in room 1014 I think? You can`t make any more money than you were making on the job until your 20th anniversary? They can check very easily today with all the computers.

Out of state out of mind though. I`m really not sure if they`d want to hire you for liability purposes. Even if there`s no physical or medical, if you don`t disclose your injury then you`re lying on an official document. I`m not saying it can`t be done but you need more info.

Have you been finalized yet? It used to take 30 months but King Rudee took us to court to try and get some money back. The judge told him to go in the men`s room and get ahold of himself.

33 is definitely too young to retire. I was in my 20th year when I went out on the Heart Bill and between Rudee`s mistake and the $4,000 bonus they gave us after 9 years the pension is still good. I haven`t worked a day in 9 years. Now we got COLA which hopefully will improve.

P.M. me if you need more info.
    Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

How do I "PM" you?????

Comment

Look underneath my post(s). You`ll see a box that says "PM". Click on that and follow the instructions.
        Life is like a 3 ring circus and cops have a front row seat. It`s The Greatest Show On Earth.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10385 users online. 503 members and 9882 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X