300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California State Hospital Police Officer Testing

New thread for the California State Hospital Police Officer Exam. Statewide written exams were given yesterday 8/15/2015. Information on this position is hard to find, so I thought I would start a thread for it. I will post the link to the flyer. I was told by the HR department, that they only do testing once a year. If anyone else took the test or has anymore info on the position, please post here! Thanks.

http://www.dsh.ca.gov/jobs/docs/Exam...ce_Officer.pdf

Do your homework and ask around about the agency before you apply. Seriously.
    Last edited by L-1; 08-17-2015, 04:59 AM.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
      Do your homework and ask around about the agency before you apply. Seriously.
      L-1, normally I agree with your advice, however I would say in this day and age, take any police job you can get. Then once your foot's in the door, move around as you please.

Comment

They are not a POST agency, so there is nowhere to move to without going to a full academy, plus they are undergoing some serious problems.

Comment

L1- Just asking around, and seeing if anyone else applied. I don't see what the big deal is. I have been in law enforcement for over 8 years, and there is not a lot of information about the agency. Officer.com is a good place to network and meet fellow officers and future leo's. I was hoping that maybe someone has worked for this agency or is further along in the hiring process.

Beachcop- Thanks I agree. I have been traveling the last year, I resigned back in 2014. Trying to get back into law enforcement and I just have been applying/researching at the same time. I was hoping when I took the written exam I could find out more info, but the exam was given by Cal HR staff. So there wasn't really a chance to even talk with any officers/management.

Comment

Heed what L-1 said...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Guys,

No big deal here at all. I'm just strongly suggesting potential applicants perform their due diligence before applying with this particular agency.

Comment

L-1, there are those of us who appreciate what you are saying. It's a SMART move to follow up on what you said...
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I tested as well, they had the orientation the week before. It was some good info. Not POST certified, but they said they are working on it and that they are hoping to get the certification by some time next year, so that would be good news for people that get hired this round and go to their academy, if it gets certified. If you are already POST certified then you don't have to go to the academy.
                  Last edited by chipperjones; 08-18-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks chipper. Where did you take the test? I didn't receive anything about an orientation here at Napa. I got in touch with a Lt. there, and they are seeing if my Federal Police Academy will transfer over. I only have my California POST PC 832 as far as POST is concerned. Do you have your POST?

Comment

No prob Adam. I took it in San bernardino. Test was actually a lot tougher than I thought it would be. Not a LEO and no POST. If you don't mind me asking, where were you before you left and why? How many are they hiring? They told us about 36 officers.

There were a few POST certified people there that I talked to so they were happy that it transfered over, but there is still another class that has to be taken on top of regular POST. I'm sure they told you about it?

Comment

Originally posted by chipperjones View Post
                        I tested as well, they had the orientation the week before. It was some good info. Not POST certified, but they said they are working on it and that they are hoping to get the certification by some time next year, so that would be good news for people that get hired this round and go to their academy, if it gets certified. If you are already POST certified then you don't have to go to the academy.

Retirement from the Atlanta Braves not working out for you?
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

It's been better...

Comment

I just took an oral psych for this agency this morning. No they're not POST yet, but hope to be next year. I have a basic academy graduation so I'll be ok when it happens. Please note that you will be working around patients who have done horrible things, but were either found not guilty by reason of insanity or that were too incompetent to stand trial.

You will not be armed on duty (though this is supposedly being corrected for patrolling the areas outside the secured fence.) Other agencies also must disarm when heading into the secure treatment area. You will be able to carry concealed off duty so long as you qualify per agency requirements, and call me what you will but with the current raise, then the recruitment and retention differential the pay is much better than a few months ago plus benefits and retirement make this job a little more attractive for me, but as you were advised (quite wisely I might add) look into this position first because it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by chris980 View Post
                              I just took an oral psych for this agency this morning. No they're not POST yet, but hope to be next year. I have a basic academy graduation so I'll be ok when it happens. Please note that you will be working around patients who have done horrible things, but were either found not guilty by reason of insanity or that were too incompetent to stand trial.

You will not be armed on duty (though this is supposedly being corrected for patrolling the areas outside the secured fence.) Other agencies also must disarm when heading into the secure treatment area. You will be able to carry concealed off duty so long as you qualify per agency requirements, and call me what you will but with the current raise, then the recruitment and retention differential the pay is much better than a few months ago plus benefits and retirement make this job a little more attractive for me, but as you were advised (quite wisely I might add) look into this position first because it's not everyone's cup of tea.
                              Well said, what hospital was it for? I haven't even received my test results yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6217 users online. 220 members and 5997 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X