300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background investigation question (unque situation) local sheriff's office

Okay, I am currently working as a county correctional facility. I have applied for the same county sheriff's office and have gone through several steps this far. To start things the background with my job is that my correctional facility used to be under the sheriff's control until about two years ago, when a court order gave the control back to the county, which is who runs the facility now. Now onto my problem I have gone through the written test, first initial fingerprinting for background, BI interview, urine test (literally right after the initial background interview) Bi has contacted two of my three references and employers and landlords. From my understanding it has all been positive. The issue is that this sheriff's department has not hired in 12 years and is only hiring now out of sheer need for deputies. I have no issue with this as I graduated from their "self-sponsor" Academy last year, ran by the same county sheriff's office. The remaining candidates consist of nothing but county correctional officer (CO) from both the sheriff's office "downtown" Co's and about 10 from where I work. I have a Master degree in CJ, along with a Bachelors degree in CJ and psych. The co's that I work with do not have a Bachelors degree, but have been with my facility for four years, which means they have worked for the sheriff's office already. I completed a 21 page background packet or PHQ, while these co's only had to "update" their references. Since I am going through a complete and thorough background I expected not to hear anything before they did. They have had home visits already and gotten an email this past week stating that they completed their background. I understand that since they already went through the "process" four years ago to get hired by the same sheriff's office they already had their employee personnel files. My question is, should I be worried that they were offered a physical agility test? The BI has not come to my neighborhood yet, and I am nervous that they might just skip over me now. The sheriff's office is trying to hire "up to" 30 new deputies. There is about 40 or so people left and I know I am still in the running because I have not received any correspondence via email or mail from them (email being positive, mail not positive).
    I also am concerned that they have not emailed me because they may of "mixed up"my email, by this I mean my BI had to clarify my email address and I had to correct him on it twice. HR has email me several times and I know they have the proper title for my email address. Should I email my BI to confirm that they have to proper email address? Or should I be patience and hopefully they have the proper email address? I am hesitant to email him because I do not want to annoy him, but just want to clarify something I feel is legitimate in the communications process. What does everyone think? Any suggestions, or should i just be patient and wait it out?
    Last edited by packer083; 08-14-2015, 03:38 PM.
    Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Paragraphs are your friend. Writing like this would make me chuck your file in the to-do stack.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      Paragraphs are your friend. Writing like this would make me chuck your file in the to-do stack.
      Considering he came her for advice in regards to his chances based on the competition and not your grammar critique, I'd say your criticism is unhelpful and d***ish.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6792 users online. 346 members and 6446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X